Oh dear, I've gone and dusted off the 360..

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Today was a day off work, well yesterday, Friday. Despite doing some work I rang my son and asked him if he wanted to come round and play on the PS3. He never refuses to spend time with his dad so around he popped.

So we played a bit of Burnout Paradise, COD4 and MGS4 on the Playstation. We have completed Resistance:FOM and loved it. Now he only has a 360 so we compared what games we have in common, it was two. Gears of War and Halo 3.

I then spent an hour trying to find the MS power supply for my 360 and eventually found it. (Did you know the power supply has a fan in it? I didn't till I noticed the thing start making lots of noise!).

Spent most of tonight online playing Halo3 in legendary mode with my son and some of his mates. Feels kinda weird for me but Francesco just acted as if I was not there which I have no problem with (ie he swore).

Anyway, I love co-op games, are there any new ones for the 360 I should think about bearing in mind that my 360 has sat gathering dust for over a year....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Listen Chet, I only dusted the fucker off cos my son's 360 died so I got a replacement for him and noticed it had HDMI, of course I stole it and gave him my old one.

He then made me pay for xbox live (for 1 month) and join a clan. ARGH.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nice, you stole your son's xbox :)

Not much co-op out. Army of two was the last one, but that was pap. I haven't got anything on the box since GTA4, and my next buy will be Ninja Gaiden 2.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
They all see the light in the end. Mr bro brought a 360 and is regretting it now. He will be getting a 360 in the next month or so.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
The Ghost Recon series has a sort of co-op, the Quake 2 that comes with Quake 4 has a 4-player co-op but the graphics really haven't stood the test of time. Most sports games have co-op in some form or another.
Also look here for a list

Starman

Part of the furniture
Battlefield: Bad Company may not be co-op but its a very good online title.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Rainbow Six 2 is decent co-op for sure.

Can't beat co-op on Crackdown also :) one of the most underrated games on the 360.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Yeah I forgot about RB V2 yeah thats very good co-op and rather cheap now.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
heh noticed you were on xbl last night and even pmmed you:)

halo3 and gow2 are the most decentish co-op games on 360, out side that theres cod4 no co-op but it good fun.

buy streets of rage 2 on xbla finest co-op old skool style:) and theres the commando remake thats due soonish

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
GoW2 eh Yaka? :p

I can't really think of anything else that hasn't been suggested already!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just need to buy a cheapo hdmi cable as I nicked the one of the ps3. Then I shall go on a shopping spree.

Gaming is gonna be the death of my bank account.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Deebs, PM your PSNID, I want to school you on CoD4/Burnout :]

EDIT: Since I know where to find it, mind if I add?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sure add away, it's on my profile for a reason :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Today was a day off work, well yesterday, Friday. Despite doing some work I rang my son and asked him if he wanted to come round and play on the PS3. He never refuses to spend time with his dad so around he popped.

So we played a bit of Burnout Paradise, COD4 and MGS4 on the Playstation. We have completed Resistance:FOM and loved it. Now he only has a 360 so we compared what games we have in common, it was two. Gears of War and Halo 3.

I then spent an hour trying to find the MS power supply for my 360 and eventually found it. (Did you know the power supply has a fan in it? I didn't till I noticed the thing start making lots of noise!).

Spent most of tonight online playing Halo3 in legendary mode with my son and some of his mates. Feels kinda weird for me but Francesco just acted as if I was not there which I have no problem with (ie he swore).

Anyway, I love co-op games, are there any new ones for the 360 I should think about bearing in mind that my 360 has sat gathering dust for over a year....

Unreal Tournament 3 just came out and has full campaign mode co-op plus it has splitscreen multiplayer as well. Works like a dream on a big screen. My 14year old nephew adores the game especially the vehicle capture the flag with bots. My best mates young lad (9 year old) is hooked on it as well because he can play against his old dad and kick his ass. :)

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
Army of two and kane and lynch arent the best looking or best FPS games but i played them both all the way through with my brother so they're worth killing some time on, they also just had some DLC iirc.

Live arcade games are probably your best bet for quick kicks though. street fighter and streets of rage are both fun games.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Unreal Tournament 3 just came out and has full campaign mode co-op plus it has splitscreen multiplayer as well. Works like a dream on a big screen. My 14year old nephew adores the game especially the vehicle capture the flag with bots. My best mates young lad (9 year old) is hooked on it as well because he can play against his old dad and kick his ass. :)

the major downside to ut3 on 360 over ps3 and pc is no mods which is damn shame,

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
the major downside to ut3 on 360 over ps3 and pc is no mods which is damn shame,

Doesn't need the mods, it has a truckload of maps (10 more than PS3 iirc) and the mutators to spice things up. The game plays like a dream on 360, splitscreen co-op or splitscreen 1v1 is fucking mental. :D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So went and did a little shopping today and bought the following:

• Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the 360 (my son wants to play with me ingame)
  • Viva Pinata (watched Francesco play and got totally lost)
Quite like the look of Rainbow Six and spent some time playing it today with Francesco, about to do some online terrorist hunting which looks great!

Right, gamertag is in my profile. Maybe I will see some of you ingame soon :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
argh Viva Pinata, my daughter plays that all the time, she's always going on about weird pink cats she's got in her garden.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So went and did a little shopping today and bought the following:

• Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the 360 (my son wants to play with me ingame)
  • Viva Pinata (watched Francesco play and got totally lost)
Quite like the look of Rainbow Six and spent some time playing it today with Francesco, about to do some online terrorist hunting which looks great!

Right, gamertag is in my profile. Maybe I will see some of you ingame soon :)

360 UT3 would have been much better bud, PS3 version has no splitscreen or co-op :(

Starman

Part of the furniture
I have PS3 UT3 yet to bother playing it tho :)

Viva Pinata 2 aka Trouble in Paradise will be out for Christmas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom