oh bugger!! help pls!!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks,

urgent assistance required please! I just swapped cases and processors and psu.

Mobo is an Asus P5WD2 Premium
New case is coolermaster as is psu
GFX card is a 7600GT
processor swapped from P4 to a Q6600

I have no video signal on restart. The fans are spinning up so there is life in the mobo/psu. The card has been reseated and I have tried using each of the 2 DVI slots without success. Only things I have changed are leaving off a livewire connection on the audigy soundcard and rfemoving a CD rom drive.

Please help!! I'm stuck and posting from #2's lappy :/

TIA,

Jup.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Bios update required :D
I'll try and find a URL however Asus' site is the worst one in the world. Ever.
So might be a while :|

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Quick check on your motherboard and its an Intel 955x chipset, one of the few Intels that do not seem to support the Core2 CPU.

Swap the P4 back in and it will work fine, then go pick yourself up a new motherboard based on the P35 chipset, everything should swap in fine since the 955 is DDR2 capable.

if you want to stick with Asus, their P5K Premium has had quite positive reviews (just avoide the P5K3 unless you wanna pay for the utterly useless DDR3 memory)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Yeah, thinking of a different asus board, that one won't run a Q6600 - max are the (still stupidly expensive and very hot running) Pentium D Extreme Editions.

Gigabyte P35-DS3 for a good budget, reliable replacement motherboard though.

P5K certainly isnt bad, just don't waste time with the WiFi version, it's utter shit. Asus are going well down in my estimates.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh **** it :(

Ta guys!

(I'm not swapping the P4 back in as the wc stuff just went in the bin!!)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
How about the GA 965P-DS3 ? It's a little bit pricey but off the shelf locally.... ? My RAM is all DDR2 (2Gb) ...

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Update: bit the bullet and ordered a Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R which I can get next day delivery - needed to do that as my enthusiasm will die once I am back at work so I want to get this done this weekend! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom