Offshore Tickets

Laddey

FH is my second home
Does anybody have any offshore experience and can help a brother out.

What are the minimum tickets ( qualifications ) to get offshore. Such as survival tickets etc?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Ahhhhhh I get you now. Makes sense it would have a lot more health and safety requirements and such I suppose. I though that was all engineers and such though?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Theres hundreds of jobs offshore. Even as a labourer.

I just want the advice. I'd google my night away but its crap on my iphone

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
The minimum just to get on the chopper is an OPITO approved BOSIET (survival course) and an OPITO approved medical. There are a few training centres around the UK that will do the course, some I believe will also do the medical at the same place. I always used to get them done in Aberdeen but I do know they have facilities in Great Yarmouth as well. I would imagine that Teeside / Humberside would do it as well.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Cheers lads.

Yeah im gonna do some research first as i have no offshore experience so i dont want to invest if its dead money.

Although im pally with a chap from Sunderland whos doing a 2 week rotation in the North Sea...im gonna chap his ass and see if i can get on as a rustabout or a slinger

Nate

FH is my second home
Sounds like a cool job Laddey, man vs sea! Just punch the waves as they come at you bro! Mother Nature never knew what it meant to get whooped before it met you!

*has visions of a montage of Laddey at the beach preparing for fighting the ocean*

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'm suprised none of the people on FH actually work offshore. We have people from all aspects of life...none from offshore tho :(

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm suprised none of the people on FH actually work offshore. We have people from all aspects of life...none from offshore tho :(

Maybe they cant get an internet connection out there ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

actually one of the original BW guys, Deathace, has been working on rigs for years. He's on my FB friends list so what do you need to know?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
no afaik Wilier was/is a disaster recovery manager person for refineries on land

djpringle

Pork Smuggler

I spent 5 years in the middle of the South China Sea on a gas platform and are probably on my way to offshore Angola in the not so distant future but I haven't been in the North Sea for a looonnnnnngggg time.

Offshore work is a doddle, just need to keep your mind active during the down time

Laddey

FH is my second home
Haha tdc!

I just want to know who to contact. I spoke to my mate, hes at the highest point he can get to in his career. Its a catering manager on a rig in the north sea.

I have years of construction experience, soon to be adding to it is my tower crane license, pedestrian crane license, banksman/slinger and signaller license. So i'n quite employable.

Tony said he can get me numbers and possibly an interview with HR. i know if i get an interview i'll smash it no problem. Im great under pressure etc.

People say on the rigs its not what u know its who u know. I know tony. Thats it. So if i was to meet more people from offshore rigs it could open new opportunity to me and keep all viable options open.

djpringle

Pork Smuggler
If you get the various crane certs etc might well be worth trying the likes of Sparrows Offshore. They provide lifting personnel for a lot of the offshore companies both in the UK and abroad.

Whilst it is true that knowing people helps an awful lot, you'll soon be found out if you don't know anything!

Laddey

FH is my second home
I'll get a CV made tonight and add in about my crane license as im sitting them on the 27th of feb.

I can get 2 outstanding references from 2 people high up in their companies which provide dry lining and suspended ceiling solutions. Not exactly off shore experience but its still knowledge.

I really want this. 2 weeks on 2 maybe 3 weeks off. Yes please. Even on 20k a year id be happy. Although people said i'll be on far more than that even as a banksman.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Could do with somebody, anybody with experience offshore who knows the score to inbox me if possible? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom