"Official"/Unofficial forums for WAR EU?

Arilinn

Loyal Freddie
It's been a long time since I last wrote here at FH. Probably around 2 years back or so. Hi to all old daoc-players by the way.

I used the searchfunction but couldn't find anything useful about which will be the Unofficial forums for Europe i.e Where the most people will hang around?
I tend to think VNboards will be the one for the US-community in WAR.
I hope it will be FH for EU like it was in daoc.

I highlight this question because I think every game has to have a good and strong community like we had in DAoC here on FH. Different forums will equal a lack of communication which we all dislike.

The next question is: If there aren't any post-unofficial forums where the majority of EU-players will read and write in, shall we Freddys make it the forum of EU-players?

All response is kindly appreciated. Bye bye for now!

Edit: Hi requiel, long time since I last saw you. Makes me glad you're still active in the gamingindustri.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Might be a big split between VNboards and Warhammer Alliance for the US users. Players tend to go where developers post, and most of Mythic's attention has been on the Warhammer Alliance forums.

As for English speaking EU, I can't see FreddysHouse being that popular unless they take effort into spreading the word as much as possible. People won't just happen to bump into these forums unless people actually tell them. It's not as if these are the forums for a popular WAR news site - which is one advantage quite a few other sites have.

Bourlog

Fledgling Freddie
Well this was THE place for EU daocers so im pretty sure this will be THE place for EU War player too.. Why would GoA just change forum?
And FH rocks! :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
IainC said:
These forums may not be as busy or popular as say WHA is now but when the game is live, European WAR fans will need a place like this to talk about things important to their communities. Sites that cater to both sides of the Atlantic will still have a place but you can't beat a dedicated community forum filled with the same people you play alongside and against every night.

Basically says it all I guess...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
As for English speaking EU, I can't see FreddysHouse being that popular unless they take effort into spreading the word as much as possible. People won't just happen to bump into these forums unless people actually tell them. It's not as if these are the forums for a popular WAR news site - which is one advantage quite a few other sites have.

Read the January newsletter...

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
or... (crazy idea incoming).... mythic/GOA could host thier own instead of depriving the community of a valuable central resource (wow does it fine, why cant they?) :p

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
They said they arnt going to. Think there activeness on other fan sites is enough, and just as good as if they had there own site, not having to run there own they can make more use of the team they have on the game itself.

Dont think its a problem as the WoW site is so packed you cant get replys anyway.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Read the January newsletter...

A couple of mentions for one month isn't much.

This forum barely gets one new thread a day. As I've said, I can't see these becoming dominant EU forums compared to some others.

rynnor

Rockhound

This forum barely gets one new thread a day. As I've said, I can't see these becoming dominant EU forums compared to some others.

You cant expect that much activity yet - its still in closed beta, the NDA's in effect and they arent releasing new info on a daily basis so what would we talk about?

I will be amazed if this isnt the dominant Euro forum for WAR once we hit retail.

Arilinn

Loyal Freddie

I think and hope this will be the dominant forums for WAR EU. FH worked great during DAoC and you can't really compare FH to all the threads started per day at warhammeralliance yet. Once the game is released and freddys house makes the trade forums, rvr forums etc. I think FH will be the most popular forum for WAR European players.
I would be disappointed if it wouldn't be.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

What more do you want? Perhaps an entire newasletter dedicated to FH?

Why does it matter which forum becomes the main one for WAR for Euro players? One forum is exactly the same as another and the playerbase will naturally gravitate towards the one which becomes most popular.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes this is the official unofficial forums for WAR EU.

They were the unofficial-official forums. Of all the unofficial community sites, this one was the most official if that makes sense.

These forums may not be as busy or popular as say WHA is now but when the game is live, European WAR fans will need a place like this to talk about things important to their communities. Sites that cater to both sides of the Atlantic will still have a place but you can't beat a dedicated community forum filled with the same people you play alongside and against every night.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
Agree with Greaper. (Hey Greaper btw, wonder if u remember me. Bob007 used to look after me when i first joined daoc with my cleric and ?royal guard?(i forget if this is correct name) was about) ;D

I dont see Freddys house kicking off other than a few old time DAoCers.
alot of the WAR community will not be players who have ever heard of DAoC before WAR. and likely to not have followed the FH community.
WHA, war-rvr, and horrible VNboards will hold most of it.

Part of the reason we had a split between EU and US forum communities, was because of the patching delays for EU players. rhumours are, its going to be alot more like WoW with maybe 6-12 hour difference in patching time.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
The thing that originally brought me to these forums was I needed a place to post public raids and get members.

I used to host ML10 runs on here and word got around, I doubt you will need to gather such large numbers for pre planned raids in WAR but if we make FH a useful forum to be on it will do well.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Since when WAR is live eu and usa will be on the same patch I dont really see the need to have seperate forums think most people from here are already on WHA and if given sections for eu servers for raid anouncements etc people will probably go there.

Its ok quoteing goa about where they would like the community forums to be but at the end of the day its really not there call, the community forum will be where ever the community is.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope WHA will be the main forums, like the mods much better there than those here.

Freddyshouse is after all just a fun thing on the side, or was at start at least if you read up on the story.

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
I joined FH as soon as today, on the note i read on Warhammers own hp:
Freddyhouse
Active forums specifically for European fans, Goa staff post regulary here with news and information

Thats whats brought me here atleast. As i am VERY new, i still think about where i can gather information and where the real "brains" are at. I'm and old WoW'er so please bear with me when i compare but i hope to see War just has a fraktion of the succes wow had since that help puch the "forum-market". WoW have theyr own forums, but they are terrible only latly you can find true information, els its still mainly trolling and newbies. Wich honestly hardlie pushes and endevors of the relative classes and playing stiles. Alot of other sites like resently mmo-champion.com, Curse-gaming.com mainly focus on the news part and resent kills etc. and curse began as an good place to get ur add on. Elitist Jerks keeps to be the place you look when you need indeeph information about ur classes, newest ideas and how to push the boundries of ur class. Also blizz mod's roam on thouse forums and remove any trollers etc. so it keeps an relative free enviorment.

First when i saw this Forum i thought this could be the becoming "brain-base" of EU war players that want to share they ideas and setups they consider very usefull, or you jsut figured out how the mechanics of ur class work. But still having a strict policy about trolling etc.

Ofcourse as a newbie on these forums, i am not in anyway trying to make this something its isn't or is designed to be. But atleast my first hand feel was, a good one, i like it here. :cheers: :bazbeer:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I joined FH as soon as today, on the note i read on Warhammers own hp:
Freddyhouse
Active forums specifically for European fans, Goa staff post regulary here with news and information

Thats whats brought me here atleast. As i am VERY new, i still think about where i can gather information and where the real "brains" are at. I'm and old WoW'er so please bear with me when i compare but i hope to see War just has a fraktion of the succes wow had since that help puch the "forum-market". WoW have theyr own forums, but they are terrible only latly you can find true information, els its still mainly trolling and newbies. Wich honestly hardlie pushes and endevors of the relative classes and playing stiles. Alot of other sites like resently mmo-champion.com, Curse-gaming.com mainly focus on the news part and resent kills etc. and curse began as an good place to get ur add on. Elitist Jerks keeps to be the place you look when you need indeeph information about ur classes, newest ideas and how to push the boundries of ur class. Also blizz mod's roam on thouse forums and remove any trollers etc. so it keeps an relative free enviorment.

First when i saw this Forum i thought this could be the becoming "brain-base" of EU war players that want to share they ideas and setups they consider very usefull, or you jsut figured out how the mechanics of ur class work. But still having a strict policy about trolling etc.

Ofcourse as a newbie on these forums, i am not in anyway trying to make this something its isn't or is designed to be. But atleast my first hand feel was, a good one, i like it here. :cheers: :bazbeer:

I always found VN is a pile of crap, it's mostly people insulting each other and with all the annoying adverts it burns my eyes!

warhammeralliance seems to be where the Mythic people post. With Dark Age of Camelot we had the GM's post things on this forum. FH was never the official forum, so it was nice when the GM's gave us the odd update here and there. Also the E&E (Eyes and Ears iirc) post here which is useful.

If you want a fun community then this is the place *throws Night_Stalker a beer :cheers: * but like me, it'd be worth keeping a casual eye on warhammeralliance for their developer comments.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
one reason to make FH not EU war forum is because 90% here is (ex) daoc players...,. and all have a certain history with a certain company wich will be there again with WAR.

Doubt that is the thing a company is waiting for. However, I do think it's actually very strong of them if they DO pick FH.. shows they actually don't fear us, so probaly figured some stuff out and made improvements.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
I hope WHA will be the main forums, like the mods much better there than those here.

Freddyshouse is after all just a fun thing on the side, or was at start at least if you read up on the story.

Thats because there aren't even any mods here :p
This is a political free zone!

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
I joined FH as soon as today, i like it here. :cheers: :bazbeer:

Welcome to FH then. :)

Things will most likely kick off here once the game is released.

And I really mean "kick off" at times.... all communities have their trolls, flamers and 733tboyz it's just that at FH we seem to have more than most. Keeps it fresh though... ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
FH kept me amused many an hour while farming/crafting/whatever in DAoC with the nice long debates and arguments on the bonuses and drawbacks of different peoples play style (or in normal mmo language "ZOMG you zerged me QQ n00b")

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
Goa newsletter said:
As a close partner with us at Goa,
hehe

There's this text at the top of my screen saying I haven't posted in a couple of weeks (more like years really); will my account get deleted if I keep it up (kind of a moot point now I suppose)?
Because if we do become the european forums, I'd like to get the cred that comes with an early regdate ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Think it's just to encourage lurkers not to lurk :) at least I hope it is - just got that message myself :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom