"Official" ID types...

S

SilverHood

The bouncers at my local nightclub won't accept my Student ID as proof of age anymore (daft, since I only go when it's student night anyway).

I keep on getting asked for "official" ID... now, apart from my passport, what other types of "official" ID is there? Anything I can get without needing to send of my passport, bankstatement and birth certificate to someplace in Birmingham?

Someone at the club mentioned a citizens card, something you got from an offlicense... anyone know about that?

T

Tom

Originally posted by SilverHood
The bouncers at my local nightclub won't accept my Student ID as proof of age anymore (daft, since I only go when it's student night anyway).

I keep on getting asked for "official" ID... now, apart from my passport, what other types of "official" ID is there? Anything I can get without needing to send of my passport, bankstatement and birth certificate to someplace in Birmingham?

Someone at the club mentioned a citizens card, something you got from an offlicense... anyone know about that?

Tell them to take their shit club and shove it up their fat hairy arses. That'll get you in.

S

SilverHood

Was thinking about provisional - how long does it take to get my passport back once I sent it off?

J

Jonaldo

Was thinking about provisional - how long does it take to get my passport back once I sent it off?

Shouldn't be too long I would think, but too long ago for me to remember very well, and delays may have increased/decreased due to more people applying/better services recently.

(In other words I have no idea) :)

B

Big G

They really are clamping down on it because they know how easy it is to fake ID these days, particularly student ID's. A lot of places in Edinburgh have a sign saying they only accept drivers' licence, passport and proof of age cards for ID.

Kinda sucks if you don't drive: I wouldn't fancy carting my passport everywhere with me.

Funny tho, I have a mate who looks incredibly young for his age. When he was in 1st year uni (he would have been 19 at the time), he was stopped by a policeman and asked "shouldn't you be in school son?"

Bahaha,

G

D

Deadmanwalking

Most places here (Brighton) dont even accept those "Prove it" card thingies anymore. Its passport or Photo Drivers license.

And who in their right mind takes a passport clubbing?

Ah well advantage of being bigger then most bouncers :D

S

Scouse

I find looking older helps. As does being taller.

Shortarse. :p

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Scouse
I find looking older helps. As does being taller.

Shortarse. :p

That or having a very fine girl with you. Never fails :cool:

T

Testin da Cable

it did for me, but I was wearing shorts and dr martins and trying to get into a high class cocktail bar at 3am in spain. the bouncers didn't like me then oO

B

BrassMonkey

Yeah i've heard about them, there were signs up around where i used to work (supermarket) detailing the citizen card. We had to fill in a form and askour manager to send it off. I never got one though. Not sure about the off-licence thingy though.

C

Chameleon

If you go to a check-and-send post office and pay the extra, about 2 weeks max.

G

Gumbo

Mine took a week or so for the passport to come back, and 10 days for the new license to come.

Wolfeh, I believe works for the DVLA and can probably let you know for sure.

W

WPKenny

I remember from my days working in pubs there was some funny times.

On week nights we didn't bother with bouncers as it wasn't a busy place and it was off the high street.

It was quite popular with students so we'd occasionally pick on them just for fun. I remember one night this really geeky guy came in, I served all his friends and waited for him to step up to the bar and order and asked him for ID. He fumbled around with his student card while his mates all went over to their table and sat down with a good view of the bar. I told him I could only accept passport or a prove-it card (driver's licences weren't photo in them days). He got all arsey and said in a sarcastic voice "Oh well I'm sooo sorry I don't have my passport with me." So I got arsey back and said "well I'm soooo sorry I can't serve you then, it's soft drinks or nothing.". He looked over at his mates all having a great laugh and reluctantly ordered a lemonade. :) *evil laugh*

There was another time this really short guy with bum fluff all over his face came in and I asked him for ID. Quick as a flash he pulled out his passport. Turns out he was nearly 6 years older than me! :) It wasn't too embarrassing though cos he was obviously used to being asked for ID.

G

Gumbo

We were always choosy when going out before we were 18, and went in the pubs where you would always get served regardless.

I've only been asked whether I was 18 once, in a Somerfields of all places!

I was 23 at the time :(

B

Big G

I have been asked for ID in Asda whilst buying a bottle of red wine and paying by card.

The sales assistant was thus a retard because:

a) I looked well over 18
b) Why would I buy a bottle of Jacob's Creek if I was underage drinking?!
c) I was paying by credit card, so if she had a brain cell between her ears she would have realised I would have had to have been over 18, unless I was a fraudster AND underage drinking.

:rolleyes:

D

Deadmanwalking

Thats a good point. Taking a parents/siblings Credit card and if you get challenged and asked for ID rummage around and say you got a Credit Card. 8 times out of 10 it works.

Just make sure its in the right name, IE no Mrs... when your a bloke and no Prof .... when your 18 :(

B

bigfoot

The only time I've ever been asked for ID (not including air flights etc) is when I was 10 and I tried to rent a 15 video :p

C

Ch3tan

Croydon is really strict, all though you'd never guess by the amount of young ****s around. Guess they onlu bother id'ing those who they know will have it. Passport and driving license only here.

C

CAC

ive never been asked for id in a pub/club

infact the landord of the pub i used to call my local threw a party for my 18th b'day after being a regular for 3 years ;)

D

Damini

I once got Id'ed in a garage for cigs. I pulled up in my car, and they refused to serve me. I said "If you don't want to serve me, can you at least call the police for me driving a car under age and without insurance etc" but they refused.

That well annoyed/confused me.

B

Brynn

Think you can photo-copy it and send it as far as i know

K

kameleon

not been asked for id in a pub since i was 15. Bit pointless really when you make then bouncers look like children.

There was one instance when the bouncers in a nightclub were arguing over who was going to search me. "you ask him to turn his pockets out" "no you!" the joy of being bigger than your average bear

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Brynn
Think you can photo-copy it and send it as far as i know

not on a british passport, so have to send in the real thing sadly

L

~Lazarus~

I belive they quote the default of 3 weeks for passport to be returned - as long as the form is completed correctly.

Alternative is you can get the passport the same day, but it means

paying extra
hanging about waiting for the passport to be processed.

Did that a few years ago when I found I was going on a business trip NEXT day and my passport had expired

W

whipped

I've always suffered from the ID asking problem. Last time I got refused entry to a pub was on my 21st birthday :(

Although, my father was last asked for ID in a pub when he was 28, so he's still winning at the moment.

The worst thing about looking young is all those gits that say, "Well, you'll be loving it when you're 50."

No I won't, so what if I look 40 when I'm 50. I won't give a rats ass.

M

mookie

i've only been asked for id once, that was in asda, for a bottle of vodka. She asked me for id, and i didnt have any, so a friend showed his (id you dirty minded buffoons.), and she still let me pay on *my* switch card, go figure. it was really shit vodka too, maybe thats why she asked :)

D

doh_boy

If you think it's hard here you want to go the america. A couple of friends of mine went into a 7-11 (I think thats what they called it) and bought some wine (among other things). When asked for id they showed their passports to which the assitant said 'Sorry we don't accept them'.

As I recall they had to put them back and get their american friend to go back and get them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread