Official Catacombs-EU trailer. Including release est.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
is there an update for the spellcrafting program with the new bonuses yet?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, I must say the claw animations look rather cool for vamps, and the Banshee "wraith" form shall I call it? looks rather neatly done too.

Aaaaaaaand, was it just me or was that Heretic firing out *multiple* fireballs? Looks evil. :p

Warlock spell animation looks like i'll be needing some form of sunglasses though, the runes on their sopell casting animation look nice. :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sharma said:
Aaaaaaaand, was it just me or was that Heretic firing out *multiple* fireballs? Looks evil. :p

yes and if im not totally wrong its one of those spells that isnt interuptable... seem to remember reading some whine about that. but the damage per "bolt" isnt all that uber tho.. but imo it looks cool.. and looks > all :p

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
mars :((((((((

Then WoW will prolly already been out for avile. We'll see if i buy Catacombs.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
I think catacombs could be very interesting, i hate PvE for teh most part but that mostly bacause u spend half the time (in ToA anyway) gimped cos ur trying to set up a new template. All i hope is

A) there really isnt anything needed for RvR (which the limited research ive done seems to support.) so no new bonuses like +pet damage for pet classes ore any of that.

B) Interesting quests for solo/small groups. I enjoy these alot more than the big ToA raids, and lets face it with ML's we dont need anymore level 60+ mobs to kill.

C) Graphics. Anyone actually gunna be able to run these? Normal stuff yeh but i doubt its gunna be all that usefull when ur RvRin. Bet it leads to sum harsh lag.

This sorta leads on from A, but they not gunna have items with other things in like MCL charges, or harsh mana/health regens are they? ive been trying to look into this because they always say they not gunna change the game world that much, but they always do.
As far as teh new classes go would have been happyer is alb didnt get a new class, there far to many as it is. And they all seem far to overpowered. But on the whole i think we got good times ahead.

Go Miffic/GoA imo :clap:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Airalith said:
C) Graphics. Anyone actually gunna be able to run these? Normal stuff yeh but i doubt its gunna be all that usefull when ur RvRin. Bet it leads to sum harsh lag.

Iirc, the only thing that's actually *new* about the engine is the new character animation code. I don't know if they were using 3rd party products for the models and such in their engine before Catacombs (they did for the renderer), but, now they're using this.

One of the problems with DAoC is that the program's caching behavoir was rather cruel.. That's what causes what most people describe as 'lag' (system deadlocking due to high memory access, client fails to reply to the server's PING requests, and they get disconnected or at least show a bad connection in the net monitor).

Now, chances are that Mystic's character animation system deals a lot more effectively with cache and all that jazz than Mythic's 'old' system. (Yes, I know, very confusing. There's this Mystic Game Development and of course our very own Mythic Development). It doesn't neccesarely mean that it actually fixes the current situation, but, it does allow them to give us propper playermodels.

Of course some people will need to update their outdated PC's, which is, as a games developer such as mythic, inevitable if you want to introduce new content rather than just more of the old, but alas, that's just the way it goes.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Airalith said:

Ive heard it isnt more demanding in raw horsepower than ToA is, since it uses a more optimized engine and coding, although i belive you will need a gfx card with hardware dx9+ support (as in anything above gf5600 and radeon9600) to use the new features.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, that's not entirely clear to me. They said that it requires "DirectX 9", but forgot to mention if they meant a DirectX9 compliant card, or just the DX9 api being installed.

*edit*
Here are the sys requirements:
Minimum Requirements:*
Pentium III 1.4GHz or AMD equivalent
512 MB RAM
Requires compatible 3D Acceleration card with 64 MB Video RAM
DirectX 9.0 or later
Internet Connection Required
Connection Required For full compatibility details, please check The DAoC Support Page.

Recommended Requirements:

Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent
1 GB RAM
Compatible 3D Acceleration card with 128 MB Video RAM
DirectX 9.0 or later
Shader 2.X or greater support
Internet Connection Required

*Minimum requirements in this case are being used to represent one specific type of system configuration that we have found to provide good, stable performance when playing Catacombs. Many other types of system configurations will run very well with Catacombs.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Oh Lordy thats nice
'sucked in by fancy graphics and cool music'

Oh WOW'S great. :eek:
Oh WOW's the one :eek:
Oh WOW can swim. :eek:

You'll all buy it ,you know you will.

Leave a space on the shelf for the WOW cd's, you'll need it soon.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
Oh Lordy thats nice
'sucked in by fancy graphics and cool music'

Oh WOW'S great.
Oh WOW's the one.
Oh WOW can swim.

You'll all buy it ,you know you will.

Leave a space on the shelf for the WOW cd's, you'll need it soon.

I have better things to waste money on than that heap of rubbish thanks. :p

(waits for the "Have you even played WoW yet?" crew to jump on him) in which the response is "No" and "I don't care". :p

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
whats that thing at the end of thr trailer, looks nasty, u know what would be nice for catacombs talking npcs!

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Normaly they just mean DirectX9 installed I think.

Also: Omg at the game recommended requirements coming up to 1GB ram. I just got a new computer... by the next expansion I'll have to upgrade again by the looks of it!

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
I have better things to waste money on than that heap of rubbish thanks. :p

(waits for the "Have you even played WoW yet?" crew to jump on him) in which the response is "No" and "I don't care". :p

as the old dutch saying goes: "the farmer doesn't eat what he doesn't know", and mythic should be happy about this fact :rolleyes:

shaark

Loyal Freddie
we can modify this version in other language like Daoc?
i live in france but im romanian so i prefer english spoken so anyone nows if we can modify the update file?

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
shaark said:
we can modify this version in other language like Daoc?
i live in france but im romanian so i prefer english spoken so anyone nows if we can modify the update file?
You're totally in the wrong thread, heh.
Anyway, if you open up the update.dat file in your ToA directory (c:\toa probably), and you replace its contents with:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat

That should patch your DAoC version to english. Mind that, however, you won't be able to climb stairs on the non-english servers. It's something Mythic managed to fuck up, strangely enough.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
As for WoW.. I enjoyed the US Open beta, although I only got to level 10 with 2 characters. I'll be playing it one or two weeks after the release here, but I expect that I'll hit level 60 and be bored by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom