News Official Cataclysm Release Date: 7th Dec 2010

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
have an active sub but i can't say i'm itching to buy the expansion, i don't even log on for more then 10 - 20 minutes a week.

sure there's some nice stuff in there such as the completely overhauled old world and instances but i dunno, i just can't see myself playing it for all that long.

i don't raid any more so the only option left is the dailies and levelling alts. and the replay value isn't that great.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well the redesigned raid system helps because I suspect the game will be more relaxed and time friendly.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
won't do me a whole lot of good tho.

i just got so tired of the min maxing and always trying to be one step ahead of blizzards nerfbat it just took all the fun out of raiding.

i mean, i don't mind having to think a tad on what spec is better. but having to spend hour after hour with a fucking spreadsheet trying to get every last bit of dps out of the talents and gear just isnt fun.

i don't want to play EvE online again...

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
won't do me a whole lot of good tho.

i just got so tired of the min maxing and always trying to be one step ahead of blizzards nerfbat it just took all the fun out of raiding.

i mean, i don't mind having to think a tad on what spec is better. but having to spend hour after hour with a fucking spreadsheet trying to get every last bit of dps out of the talents and gear just isnt fun.

i don't want to play EvE online again...

That is what they're trying to help solve with the changes to stats, itemization, talents etc. Yes there will still be theorycrafting going on to get the absolute best out of a character but you should at least now be able to make a reasonable judgement on what talents to take or gear to wear by looking at them rather than needing to resort to a spreadsheet.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
ah, might take a closer look then, havent been that intersted in cataclysm at all so hardly know anything :)

Athan

Resident Freddy
There's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge amount of changes in Cataclysm. 4.0.1 is going live today in EU (I'm watching the bitching on quakenet/#wow right now). I'm grumbling about the rogue talent trees for solo pve. Only Combat seems to not force you to waste points in things that are really for PvP or assume you have a tank around. I've heard similar gripes about priest/shadow as well.

Amusingly, from my point of view (not played in 15.5 months) now there are gripes about being recharged for skills you already had (things like Mail armor on a hunter) and some people saying they've lost their guild affiliation. That and the new patcher confusing people. Oh, keybinds gone missing too....

Personally I'm likely going to wait until 2 weeks before Cataclysm, in the hope the bugs will have been largely worked out by 23rd Nov, then may renew, figure out all the changes, sort a UI, and do whatever until the 7th, then have 2 weeks of Cataclysm in which to decide if I want to continue my sub.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
they made retaliation a higher level skill, so now my lowbie warrior can't herd 15 - 20 mobs, pop retaliation and spam cleave :(

tried it with sweeping strikes but that just sucks in comparison.

Gray

FH is my second home
Prot warriors are a pain to do low level stuff with now. Take fuckloads of damage from everything if i don't have a healer helping me, or able to use self-heal stuff.

Solo'ing the mount bosses in Zul'Gurub and Karazan was piss pre-patch, now it's as if you have to concentrate hard to kill them (AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH).

Happy with my mage and shaman DPS though, hopefully they can keep it up until Sunday or im gonna be pissed :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Christ I'm out of touch, didn't realise 4.0.1 was going live now. The Assassination Rogue tree looks terrible for speccing purely for PvE, guess it's time to bookmark Elitist Jerks again. Might be time to give Combat a shot.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
New retri paladin rotation...

1. Crusader Strike
2. fillers (judgement/Exorcism/Holy Wrath etc.)
3. Crusader Strike
4. fillers (judgement/Exorcism/Holy Wrath etc.)
5. Crusader Strike
6. finisher (Divine Storm if 3 or more targets, otherwise use Templar's Verdict)

i deleted my paladin.

Athan

Resident Freddy
According to people actually playing on #wow ... the only melee DPS doing anything like decently now are Deathknights. In particular the Warriors are moaning about having their DPS more than halved. I'm still not entirely convinced they've made all necessary adjustments to their play for the patch though (the cite was 17k DPS dropping to 7K ... but I found one EJ post claiming 14K DPS on Saurfang still, so take with a pinch of salt).

Yup, I'm holding fast with my plan to wait until 2 weeks before Cataclysm release date, unless I hear about huge world event stuff happening before that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
No, DPS haven't halved for any class.

those warriors that claim they have half the DPS they used to just doesn't do it right.

They try to play like they always have, and that isn't working.

/edit: and you can take what's posted on EJ at least somewhat seriously, even tho i didn't agree with much of what they said when i used to raid they do not let shit posts stay for long if it can't be verified.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I heard DK's damage output has been significantly increased, heard this from multiple guildie DK's. Haven't bothered to sort my offspec out to give it a shot like. My Rogue's damage seems about the same though, I miss HfB already though!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah, DK's can push 14k DPS with just about any spec bar unholy DW which "only" caps out at 13k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom