Official Capital Cities Q&A Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The grab-bag in the March newsletter will be all about capital cities. PvE, PvP or anything related to cities, capturing cities and city encounters. All of the questions for the grab bag will come from YOU! Yes you loyal denizens of Freddyshouse will have the opportunity to ask questions for EA Mythic devs to answer.

Post your questions in this thread, and they may be answered in March’s Newsletter. As an example, check out previous Grab Bag questions here. Please be sure to keep your questions on topic (Cities) and try not to repeat other people's questions. Get your questions in by next Tuesday, March 5. Thanks for your help; we look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Please note:
  • Questions must be on topic, off topic questions will not be forwarded
  • This is not a discussion or feedback thread, only questions please
  • Make sure you read the previous questions as well as the info on the official site so you don't ask a question which has already been answered.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
might sound odd but as in my experience with daoc i have only one real question, the rest i'll see answered in beta-testing myself

A city sounds like a busy place but also graphic heavy. Combined with lots of activity in fighting over control of a city, are u confident that the hardware will be able to cope and not crash? (looking back at the times in old frontier with animists spamming to crash the server)

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
* For a complete clean city overtake, how many bosses do you need to kill?
* Once killed inside an enemy capitol, can I respawn w/o a resser?
* Can the attacking faction buy/place NPCs in enemy capitols to create checkpoints and slowdowns for defenders?

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
1. Capital cities get harder to hold over time, what is the benefit of trying to hold the capital beyond the initial capture?
2. When a capital reverts back to its original form after a capture has been repelled how much of the RvR territory previously captured to enable the capital capture reverts back to default?
3. Is the capital capture itself an instance, if so is it separate from the actual capital, will we have the use of our capital in PvE if the enemy captured it?
4. What actually triggers a successful capture, is there one NPC to kill or do we need to control several parts of the city?
5. What incentive is there for players to take back their capital if the increasingly harder NPC spawns will eventually do it for them?
6. Will PC’s be actively involved in the repairs on the capital after the siege is broken, maybe via trade skills / crafting?
7. Will we need special equipment to be able to breach the capitals defences?
8. As an estimate how many people will be needed to take over the capital?
9. Will the invading force have the support of NPC’s as well?
10. How is loot distributed after a successful siege? Is it based on contribution? If so does it only apply to the contribution for the actual siege as opposed to the build up?
11. Is there a reward for successfully repelling an invasion on the capital?
12. Will there be quests involving the capture of a capital?

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
13. How will we know a capital is ready to be assaulted?
14. Will there be a global message to one or both factions letting them know an attack is in progress, a call to arms if you will?
15. Will there be a noticeable difference in what you have to do to capture each of the six capitals or will they all be the same but with different graphics?
16. Will there be any kind of special rewards if one faction manages to capture and hold all three of their enemies capitals simultaneously, essentially winning the WAR?

Smeghead

Fledgling Freddie
Just two questions -

1. Is there any penalty for killing non-combat NPC's such as vendors and the like?
2. Do a cities defenses scale in relation to how many players are present? (Such as a gate being harder to destroy with 50 people present as opposed to 5, to make the battles last longer.)

Thanks.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
In the beginning of DAOC we saw the main cities full of life, crafters and questers and roleplayers running around. But with time it died down and the cities became more and more desolate, especially as crafting could be done in private houses.

My question is: What is Mythic doing to ensure that cities will be full of players?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
My question is similar to Levin's : In WAR the main objective seems to be the capital city conquest. Expansion packs seem to always add new "port to" zones which tend to draw players away from old objectives, and the more zones are added, the more the playerbase is spread out doing different things. Will this be different in WAR or will we see old zones become desolate as in DAoC and WoW?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Thanks for the questions. You'll be able to see answers to the best ones in the next newsletter, hitting an inbox near you at the end of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom