Offered stuff

Gray

FH is my second home
While i have been off and on the market for new PC gear the past year or so, nothing has really come of it as i have been diverting my attention elsewhere, however a friend of mine offered me some stuff to get started on [For a price of course]

Anyway, what i was offered was the Abit AT8 32x, AMD X2 4800 Socket 939 [2.5ghz] and 2gb of G.Skill DDR4000 memory.

I have never heard much of this G.Skill company so i dont know what it will be like, but according to some reviews it does seem to be a good brand. All in [As well as a Graphics Card i may not use + DVD-RW] he wants about £300 for it.

But looking at it, i cant see much information on prices, i was wondering if anyone has had any workings with any of these before?

Kryten

Old Cow.
I'd ignore it straight away.
Brand new, you'll get yourself 3gb of DDR2800 ram, brand of your choice (lets say Crucial), a Core2Duo6600 and a Gigabyte DS3 motherboard, and an aftermarket cooler if you like, for less than 300 quid.

Even looking at a basic system - a Gigabyte S3 motherboard (£40) a Core2Duo e6300(£70) 2gb Crucial DDR2 (£44) - thats £154. Nearly half that price for kit that's far better.

Your friend is trying to rip you off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom