Off-top Mafia Time

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Who is up for some Mafia?

Game will be newbie style, go read the rules at: Mafiascum.net's Newbie Guide

Scenario options will be posted after sign-up is over, and 1 of the posted will be randomly choosen by me, the mod of this mafia run!

Signup ends at 18CET on the 13th December, short time, I know, but let's get this game going quickly :)

I will send out roles on the 13th at the evening and will expect confirmations in the then posted thread no later than the 15th at 18CET :)

New to mafia? Don't worry, read the rules at the link and you should be fine!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
i didnt understand any of that on the wiki site

Oh, well, basicly Mafia is a forum game (in this case, anyway), where X people sign up, a typical newbie game has 7 people in it.

Then roles are assigned, in the most simple Mafia game with 7 people, it will be:

2 Mafia vs 5 Townies.

The game starts out with DAY1 (D1), and everybody can talk and vote, with 7 people alive, 4 is votes is required to lynch(kill) somebody.
So when 4 out of the 7 people all has voted for 1, the identity of the person is revealed and people find out if they lynched a townie (innocent) or a mafia (guilty)
Now 6 people is left (unless the vote ended on "No Lynch") and it is NIGHT 1 (N1), now the mafia people talk together in PM's, picks a victim, PM me their choise, and I post who was killed and day 2 (D2) starts with now 5 people left.

If both those cases was a Townie, then it will now be 2 Mafia vs. 3 Townies
The Townies now need to be very carefull, if 1 of them vote for another townie, the 2 mafia can jump the vote and make it 3 = Lynch, then Mafia and Townies will then be equal in number and Mafia wins.
If the first was a mafia, then it will be 1 mafia vs 4 townies, the townies can win if they lynch right, if they don't, they will be 1 mafia vs. 2 townies the next day and things will become intense.

The point of the game is that besides the 2 mafia, nobody knows what parts each other playes. The Mafia know who else is in the mafia and can coordinate through PM, the townies are not allowed to PM each other. This way, you have to make out who is mafia and who isn't by looking at their posts and their votes.

Nobody is allowed to post in the thread during night, only those with PM actions can do anything and they have to PM me (or each other in case of mafia, and then me)

It is pretty simple, but it is a hard game to master/win.

More complex games include more roles, like the following:

Cop, he is a townie and wins when all mafia is dead. The other in town doesn't know he is a cop and anyone saying they are, can as easily be a mafia pretending to be a cop.
Each night, the Cop can PM the moderator and say "I want to investigate player X", I then send a PM back about whatever or not player X is guilty (mafia) or innocent

Doctor, he is a townie and wins when all mafia is dead. The other in town doesn't know he is a doctor and anyone saying they are will either die quickly or be a mafia pretending to be a doctor.
Each night, the Doctor can PM the moderator and say "I want to protect player X". If player X is targetted by the mafia or another night kill (see below), then nothing will happen, as the Doctor protected him. Nobody knows if it was a protecting through, or if the mafia simply choose not to kill anyone to create confusion.

Vigilante, he is a townie and wins when all mafia is dead. The other in town doesn't know he is a vigilante.
Each night, the Vigilante can PM the moderator and say a person he wants to kill. If that player wasn't protected, he will die in the morning and his true identity will be revealed. Nobody will know what killer it was who killed the player in question through.

Serial Killer. Neutral. Wins when all other players are dead. The other in town doesn't know he is a serial killer!
Each night, the Serial Killer can PM the moderator with his kill and if that person is not protected, he will die the next morning and his identity will be revealed.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Sure, I'll sign up...can kinda guess it as I go along I hope :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
sign me up as well. fuck knows what us going on mind :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
This is basicly werewolf then lol :D

I'll give it ago.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
think i got the jist of it...sign me up! :)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
This is basicly werewolf then lol :D

I'll give it ago.

Werewolf is a variant of Mafia, so yes, if you know werewolf, you know Mafia

List until now:
1. Kirennia
2. Calaen
3. Mey
4. Cerb

Calo

Part of the furniture
sign me in ! already posted in newbie forum section (Tlp)

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
List until now:
1. Kirennia
2. Calaen
3. Mey
4. Cerb
5. Calo

Quick change of plans, will leave signups open until I get 7 players and then do a C9 run (Might not mean a lot to new players, but 7 players with C9 is most common when new players try the game, I thought I had seen this here on freddyshouse before, but seems like most are new to it :))

Marc

FH is my second home
Oh and Calo is a chav, so its only right he should be a townie!

Calaen

I wanna be the DOCTOR!!!!!

Marc you are going down :twak:

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Sounds interesting, no time consuming n straight.

I'm in too if theres any spot left.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
List until now:
1. Kirennia
2. Calaen
3. Mey
4. Cerb
5. Calo
6. Rubric
7. Marc

Sorry Vasconcelos, this round is filled, but I'll reserve spot 1 for you in next round (When next round comes, I'll PM you for a confirmation about you wanting the spot

I will roll for which scene, send out messages and everything right away, and then post the start message behind this one to not spam the board!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Player List:
1. Kirennia (alive)
2. Calaen (alive)
3. Mey (alive)
4. Cerb (alive)
5. Calo (alive)
6. Rubric (alive)
7. Marc (alive)

The game style has been randomly choosen from one of the following 4 (you will have to find out which one on your own during play!)

1. 1 Cop, 1 Doc, 3 Town, 2 Mafia

2. 5 Town, 2 Mafia

3. 1 Cop, 4 Town, 2 Mafia

4. 1 Doc, 4 Town, 2 Mafia

When I post that everybody confirmed after this post, feel free to start playing, until then, please be patient!

Game Rules:

Gameplay:

1. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings about the game unless your role PM specifically allows it.

2. You may not post Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.

3. Mafia games typically start with night. However, in order for all players to play at least one game day, this game will start with Day. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.

Voting, Deadlines, Player Death, and Night Cycles:

1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur.

2. Once you have reached a simple majority, no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.

3. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted otherwise! You may vote for yourself if you so desire.

4. Please submit vote revocations as: UnVote: PlayerName (appreciated but not necessary).

5. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.

6. Deadlines may be implemented if I feel that discussion is lagging. A deadline warning will be issued in-thread before a deadline is actually set. At deadline, ½ the original number of votes will be required for a lynch to occur. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.

7. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may.

8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post, except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

9. If you have a night role, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline, no choice will be made.

10. Players with night roles allowing communication may only communicate outside the thread at night.

Miscellaneous:

1. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.

2. questions/requests for the Mod may be posted in-thread. Please bold all requests so that I don’t miss them.

3. If somebody doesn't reply for 48 hours, any player can ask me to prod them (Do so with a bold 'Mod, please prod <player name>')
Don't ask me to prod a player before another 48 pass from me saying I prodded them

4. Players will be automaticly killed after being prodded for activity 3 times.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
D'OH! All PM's send out now, noticed some of them might contain a small problem in spacing specially with the url, sorry about that!

Also, in the post above, much of which I stolen from various sources for ease, there is a small detail!

When you do vote or unvote, it must be bold as thus:

Vote: PlayerName
Unvote, Vote: Playername
Unvote:

When I got all confirmation, I will post day 1 as begun

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
5 out of 7 confirmed now, day will soon be here

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
The sun rose up and the first day started.

The villagers gathered around in the townsquare, the mob was in the mood to get rid of the mafia that had infested their city. Only problem was to figure out who it was in the community that had betrayed them all.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to vote!

Better get started talking, pointing Fingers of Suspicion (FoS) and vote, so you can find out who is possibly scum and should get lynched.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
So what are we allowed to say here exactly? Am I allowed to say 'I'm xxxxxx' or whatever? And I'd presume some would lie about it too.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
So what are we allowed to say here exactly? Am I allowed to say 'I'm xxxxxx' or whatever? And I'd presume some would lie about it too.

Rememer to bold question to me, so I notice them in the future when discussion might go high!

Yes, you can say whatever you want to say, just remember that anyone can say they are anything. You are allowed to vote for anyone for any reason!

Only thing you are not allowed to do is quote my PM to you in anyway, but saying you are playing townie/mafia/doctor/cop/whatever is fine.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
VOTE: kirennia

For waking up late and giving us a late start.

Marc

FH is my second home
VOTE: Cerb

Sorry mate, I ended up rolling a dice.

Calaen

VOTE: Calaen Been one of those days!!

Rubric

Part of the furniture
VOTE:RUBRIC for voting for me after having to pull a 48stint on work and finally getting rest :(

Don't take it so personal, just thought that late sleep in might mean you been doing some mafia shit at night. :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
* turns away from leaning on the fireplace mantel* *looks around suspiciously*................so...which one of you is it??!??!?!?
i must warn you all...im am a cludeo expert! :p

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
vote:rubric

he seems to know an awful lot about what happens with the mafia at night!:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom