Off to Scotland!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So Having the hard tough horrid job that I do,
I've been sent off to Scotland by the boss monday-thursday
to sample, taste and view the whisky variety of Ian Macleod Distillers "aka f.exp Chieftans series" and the Isl of Arran destillery.

anywhoo, during the trip we have tuesday free to take in the sites in Edinburgh.

so any suggestions ?
apaprt from Edinbrugh castle and Royal mile ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
this will be my first ever trip to scotland btw.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Isn't the Edinburgh festival on atm if it is you will have plenty of options

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
As Soze says, the Edinburgh festival is on just now, so there will be lots of things to do. Plenty of street theatre 5min performances to tempt you, and I'd imagine every pub will be full of life =)

I'm actually heading there today! Weyhey!

Oh, I forgot to be useful. Nr the Royal Mile, there's an exhibit of an underground street which has been preserved from Edinburgh's past. I hear its a good thing to see :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
cheers guys, will be sure to check out some of the suggestions,
Train leaves Århus at 04:10 am QQ

Flight from Kastrup is 09:00 am though so will be in Scotland sometime around lunch :D

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
edinburgh castle is alright, its like £10 to get in though and imo not worth it :p but it's only a tenner I guess, but edinburgh festival is great so go see that :) Take a rain jacket or umbrella, it's been fucking shit weather up here for the past 2 weeks.

You can also try edinburgh rock if you havn't before :p its quite unusual, I hate it but something to try lol.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I believe the ministry of burlesque is doing the High Tease there too ^^ that'd be well worth seeing, their shit is awesome.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Been to the distillery on the Isle of Arran, if you spend any time there i could recommend some spots on Arran. Although saying that nothing really comes to mind :p

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So back from Scotland,
Had a Really great trip!

Edinburgh was fun, and arrana was Fantastic!
them that I has on the mugbook can go see picz :D "just a few from a crappy sony"
as I forgot the camera at work :/

went to see the castle "the outside" and the whisky experience wich was ok'ish, bit of a turist thing though,
and ofc the royal mile and cadenheads shops

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
edinburgh castle is alright, its like £10 to get in though and imo not worth it :p but it's only a tenner I guess, but edinburgh festival is great so go see that :) Take a rain jacket or umbrella, it's been fucking shit weather up here for the past 2 weeks.

You can also try edinburgh rock if you havn't before :p its quite unusual, I hate it but something to try lol.

Glad I did preview week, the weather was good and the boozing was better. Saw some great comedy acts, Pappy's Fun Club were fucking funny. :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's a pity your work couldn't send you over to some of the distilleries on Islay. Now there's a pub crawl I'd love to do... all the distilleries of Islay in sequence. There truly is no such thing as a bad Islay single malt. :)

Islay Malt Whisky and Islay Whisky Distilleries Map

Laphroaig is my favourite, followed by Bunnahabhain and Caol Ila.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
who says we cant ? ;)
sure would be fine to see Islay, only thing really interesting
place for me on islay from a pure profesional point of view would be Kilchoman

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
So Having the hard tough horrid job that I do,
I've been sent off to Scotland by the boss monday-thursday
to sample, taste and view the whisky variety of Ian Macleod Distillers "aka f.exp Chieftans series" and the Isl of Arran destillery.

anywhoo, during the trip we have tuesday free to take in the sites in Edinburgh.

so any suggestions ?
apaprt from Edinbrugh castle and Royal mile ?

there's an awesome "old man's" whiskey pub off the mile there. Will took me there once, but I forget it's name :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
it was abit crowded on the Mile as it was festival season apparently :)
if it pops into memory let me know, as I dout it's my last visit.
and I'll give it a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom