WTF? Odd geography quirk.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've just noticed a slightly odd quirk in my living habits. I seem to be drawn to the 53 degrees north latitude. I never realised until today that I've lived in six different places including in different countries in my life and they're all at 53 degrees. I've lived in other places, even in the other hemisphere, but I always seem to come back to 53 degrees. Unfortunately, that also means if I move anywhere else the best I can hope for is Hamburg (OK), Bremen (bleh), Groningen (doesn't sound great), Edmonton in Canada (fucking freezing) or a couple of hell holes in Russia.

Anyone else noticed any odd patterns in their circumstances?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
North, South, East, West. I've lived all over Yorkshire!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've just noticed a slightly odd quirk in my living habits. I seem to be drawn to the 53 degrees north latitude. I never realised until today that I've lived in six different places including in different countries in my life and they're all at 53 degrees. I've lived in other places, even in the other hemisphere, but I always seem to come back to 53 degrees. Unfortunately, that also means if I move anywhere else the best I can hope for is Hamburg (OK), Bremen (bleh), Groningen (doesn't sound great), Edmonton in Canada (fucking freezing) or a couple of hell holes in Russia.

Anyone else noticed any odd patterns in their circumstances?
This sounds like an autistic person moving house.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This sounds like an autistic person moving house.

You'd think, but in half the cases I was a kid with no control over where I lived. Still ended up at 53 degrees. edit, and until today I never even realised it was always 53 degrees.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I didn't go north of Salisbury until I was at least 22...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Put it on your Santamas shopping list, Dagaffers new book is coming out "53 degrees of gay".

Chilly

Balls of steel
You aint that special:

2QTQfjq.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Slightly OT but this is a nice visualisation of the distribution of the world's population by lat and long...

histpop.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom