OCZ PC4000 Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kameleon

Why do you keep selling memory thats perfectly good?

C

Ch3tan

FS durz, what kind of crazy overclocking are you doing to warrant all this?

C

Cloowwwnnn

Originally posted by Durzel
Whats old?
I meant old as in "OMGS GLENN FFS" but I wasn't prepared to say that because that is so homo.

But now you're probably going to turn around and make me look silly by telling us you had 2GB RAM to sell in the first place or something :(

D

Durzel

Originally posted by kameleon
Why do you keep selling memory thats perfectly good?
Because I have a 3.0Ghz ES CPU which is unlocked, which I want to push to the absolute limits.

Plus the fact that the motherboard I've got has a hardware fault which makes it unstable above 2.8v VDIMM... which means I need to get memory which is rated at its highest speed at that voltage... in other words, PC4200 mem. I did originally think I would just overclock the OCZ Gold and use higher voltages to get there, but its not going to be possible.

I've already sold the 1Gb kit (non-Gold) - at a £80 loss I might add - that I replaced with the Gold memory, and now I need to sell the Gold memory to replace it with PC4200 mem. Then I'll be happy.

Originally posted by Ch3tan
FS durz, what kind of crazy overclocking are you doing to warrant all this?
I've got a Vapochill XE. The CPU does 3.9Ghz at 1.65v at -17 degrees. Right now I'm being held back by the memory...

W

wyrd_fish

-17 degrees

surely that kind of temp causes water to condence on the insides of your computer, you know, the bit with all the electricity and componants in it

D

Durzel

It would yes, but its a sealed unit around the CPU with loads of insulating non-conductive paste around it. It doesn't freeze the entire innards of the PC, just the CPU.

M

Mr.Monkey

Originally posted by wyrd_fish
surely that kind of temp causes water to condence on the insides of your computer, you know, the bit with all the electricity and componants in it
Spot the techy newb that doesn't know anything about active cooling.

Vapochill units can get to -30.
But in the end a tad excessive for most of us.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Mr.Monkey
Spot the techy newb that doesn't know anything about active cooling.

Spot the uber know it all :rolleyes:

I think its called Learning, ye know? When someone doesn't understand something so asks questions in an attempt to do so?

Jeez, Lay off

D

Durzel

My unit reads -35 on the front normally, although I've seen it go up to -39 (it's set to hold temp at -50, although it will never get that due to the heat output of the CPU).

So back to the subject matter - anyone fancy buying this brand new set of 1Gb (2x512) OCZ PC4000 Gold Dual Channel kit off me?

Retails for £330 on OCUK, sensible offers welcomed - before I stick it on Ebay... ?

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking

I think its called Learning, ye know? When someone doesn't understand something so asks questions in an attempt to do so?

Jeez, Lay off
No harm done.. I had no idea how it all worked until about a month ago either. At least you had the presence of mind to know that condensation would be an issue in "subzero PCs". It actually is a big problem, if you're not careful.

M

Mr.Monkey

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking

Jeez, Lay off
Wasn't meant to be a flame.
Infact, re-reading it, I still don't think it is. Hardly an insult to not know about peltiers and active cooling.
But take it as you will dmw.

D

Durzel

No takers? :(

Currently at £155 - its worth over twice that!

C

Ch3tan

Durz do yourself a favour, post this in the general forum, ignore the flames and possibly post it in a few overclocking forums. It cant do you any harm.

D

Durzel

Ta for the advice.. I'll probably do that tomorrow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread