Obvious scare mongering by the daily mail but..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Its not if it will happen, its when it will happen. We are talking once every few hundred thousand years though, nothing anyone can do about it so no point worrying about it.

and if the scientists have their math right its about the right time for another one, infact iirc its a tad overdue :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
for all they know it could destroy way more than a mere 500 miles, science can only predict so much.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Is it just me? Or does it look like he is smiling when he tells how much damage the volcano will do ? :p The reporter seems a little bit nervous there

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
and if the scientists have their math right its about the right time for another one, infact iirc its a tad overdue :)

"Tad late" on a million year scale, on our scale it's pretty damn late ;)

The deep breath is fun.

I dunno, would be cool to be around for it, but it would be sooooooo boring after it. I mean, look at how much humanity remembers and goes on about 9/11.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i doubt it would be fun to be around when a supervolcano blows wiping out half the US, collapsing the world economy, darkness for years, very little wild plant life would survive that long nevermind the global food production would collapse, in a total doom scenario there would be food riots + total anarchy (which while it sounds rock and roll would most certaintly be bad for your health ;) ), would make a zombie apocalypse look like a walk in the park!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i doubt it would be fun to be around when a supervolcano blows wiping out half the US, collapsing the world economy, darkness for years, very little wild plant life would survive that long nevermind the global food production would collapse, in a total doom scenario there would be food riots + total anarchy (which while it sounds rock and roll would most certaintly be bad for your health ;) ), would make a zombie apocalypse look like a walk in the park!

Depends on your definition of fun. I find the current world really rather boring, so it would be fun in that end of the world kind of way :D

Zombie apocalypse would be even more fun because you could shoot things without any implications.

In any scenario, three things will be, most likely, around; games, booze and sex.

What else is there to be had?

Ofcourse, it might not be fun in the vicinity of the volcano...buuut, i'm not :flame:

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Depends on your definition of fun. I find the current world really rather boring, so it would be fun in that end of the world kind of way :D

Zombie apocalypse would be even more fun because you could shoot things without any implications.

In any scenario, three things will be, most likely, around; games, booze and sex.

What else is there to be had?

Ofcourse, it might not be fun in the vicinity of the volcano...buuut, i'm not :flame:

Want a new brand world? Find this one boring? Fight for it then! Go out and do somehting....avoid nuclear devices or massive destruction weapons tho, i was more thinking on mentality changes or/and moral point of views :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Want a new brand world? Find this one boring? Fight for it then! Go out and do somehting....avoid nuclear devices or massive destruction weapons tho, i was more thinking on mentality changes or/and moral point of views :)

Mentality changes and moral point of views are as boring as aformentioned globe :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom