Oblivion IV

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone has tested it? I was planning to play a new RPG but dont know if this one is worth the time :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
its jaw dropping, amazing, for about a week. its a victim of its own greatness, you just cant put it down but then all of a sudden you get bored, or at least i did. well worth the money imo and shows what one player RPG games should be like. the UI is a bit of a pain sometimes though, designed for the console market but once you get used to it, it isnt to bad.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
its good, its just for me a shame that no matter how many levels you go up, that things get stronger as well, you never truly feel like a hero :( but working for the dark brotherhood is mucho fun :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Oblivion is like a spark in a straw heap. It goes BOOOF! OMG! WOW! GREAT! ... wait a minute, that was it?! :)

If you like stunning graphics, tons of content and things to do, want to find out how the game world works all by yourself (i.e. no need to study endless pages of manuals), then Oblivion is the game for you.
However, Oblivion has lots of major design flaws (and bugs). The UI and the level scaling has already been mentioned, but there are more. Lack of game-player communication (what? I`m a vampire? wtf?), useless gimmicks (lockpick sets!) and again the design sin of a non-optional tutorial, just to name a few. If you can live with those flaws, then Oblivion will get you hooked for quite some time.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Lack of game-player communication (what? I`m a vampire? wtf?)
ahh the joys of that, oh cool im a vampire now (quick travel at night)

ahh the sun, wth <die>

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Its a great game with a few bugs but will definatly have you hooked, so much to do its just crazy...

The one peice of advice i would give you is not to use quick travel... walk and explore the world, there is SO much out there is unbelieveble!!

Yes if you are fighting vampiers then make sure you take along cure disease potions and you will be fine!

My only Qualms with the game are the lack of life in the water, lots of scenery cant be destroyed... but to be honnest its all little picky things.. thats how good the game is.

Zede

Part of the furniture
game is flawed aye, but for atmosphere, nothing one the market can currently compete with it.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
what about the story board? is it good? I dont know too much about these Oblivion series

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
It is a beautiul game and is a good improvement on morrowind (no cliff racers)
Like someone mentioned the leveling system can be annoying, but i would give it a go anyway.
One thing i havent tried is the mods, someone did one which sets the leveling system as something differant and i expect it would be a challenge, planning to use it when i play it second time. <grins>
Has anyone tried it?

edit: storyline isnt bad, has a lot of the usual stuff.
"i have transleted the rare book and need the holy staff of the evil vampire lord Oogiwhotzit"
<kill Oogiwhotzit and get staff and hand it too him>
"i have translated more i now need you to ..." ect you get the point.
Overall it doesnt detract from things, but i wouldnt rush the main quest, explore and have fun and like someone said dont use quick travel unless you are going through a route you already went through before.
Even then just running along allows you to get a load of ingrediants and find interesting areas.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Somebody for the love of gods say old allready!

I've seen this Oblivion crap spew out month after month in different topics... :eek:

Bah...somebody had to say it...

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Go buy Hitman Blood Money instead :D

Now that's a game that will keep you locked up in your room ;p

Though The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion is also VERY good, finished it in 3 days ;p

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
old.Tohtori said:
Somebody for the love of gods say old allready!

I've seen this Oblivion crap spew out month after month in different topics... :eek:

Bah...somebody had to say it...

And that one is always you ;)

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
Kinag said:

Though The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion is also VERY good, finished it in 3 days ;p

OMG! I love hitman series, will have to buy it too then hahaha

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Kinag said:

i find that hard to believe tbh
you finished the main story arc, and ALL the guild faction quests, and capped lvl, and all the extra optional quests ?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Thorondorito said:
And that one is always you ;)

Glad someone else notices yes ...

Tohtori you're becoming an OLD whiner ... I liked you much better when you were just funny and not trying to be so forumcool :(

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Mabs said:
i find that hard to believe tbh
you finished the main story arc, and ALL the guild faction quests, and capped lvl, and all the extra optional quests ?

No, I stayed the hell away from the Mage's guild cause I wasn't a mage ;p

But It's hard to find ALL the optional quests, but I did indeed do alot of them.

Main story was the best though, god I loved the ending :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
good game, good ideas, great storyline. flawed and bugged beyond belief ofc though patches can fix that, although not got patches to fix everything yet. leveling system is flawed also, can get mod to adjust that though.

if you want a good roleplay yarn with great storyline and good looks then its good to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom