News Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

aika

Can't get enough of FH
political satire is now obsolete

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The missile defence shield in Europe was just a crazy idea by the Bush Government imo. It had nothing to do with making peace, it was all about annoying the Russia. He is still planning to make a missile defence, but in form of battleships in the pond

He sent another 18,000(iirc) soldiers to the Helman Provins where the English, Danish and Netherlands soldiers are fighting the Taliban to make peace in a high risk area

It seems a bit hyped that he gets the Nobel Peace Prize, but then again in this world who else deserves it?

Zenith

Part of the furniture
The last few Peace prices have actually went to people whom they support and want to show their further support to their causes, not only people who have actually achieved much. Says so in the article.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Reading some of the reactions, they do have a point

KHALED AL-BATSH, AN ISLAMIC JIHAD LEADER

Obama's winning the peace prize shows these prizes are political, not governed by the principles of credibility, values and morals.

Why should Obama be given a peace prize while his country owns the largest nuclear arsenal on Earth and his soldiers continue to shed innocent blood in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Granted the last line is a bit dodgy, but the rest of the guys quote was spot on!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Obama wtf! I say again...wtf! what a load of tripe :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
He probably got it due to looking so angelic compared to Bush, should've waited 'till next year to give him this, but if i had to find a reason to give him a prize it would be his notion towards "healthcare for all" in the US.

THAT is a nobel prize winning thingydoo.

Like the nobel prize is such a "world changing" event anyway ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's devalued the Nobel Peace Prize in my eyes. I hope he lives up to it.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
he doesn't own the largest nuclear arsenal on Earth. Russia has about twice more nukes than the US.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
he doesn't own the largest nuclear arsenal on Earth. Russia has about twice more nukes than the US.

But probably more than half of them are totally useless pieces of junk from year 1950

ECA

I am a FH squatter
BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

To me, it sounds like a farce.

Obama hasnt done anything peace wise, Iran is still a threat to the Middle East, the war still rages in Afghanistan, Russia has won a victory over the missile defence shield.

Hell, he even has a lot of haters in his own country.

You do realise the missile defence shield shit was basically junk anyway and only worked when the missiles had advance knowledge of the trajectory in tests? The hit rate was terrible.

Also as if russia is going to nuke the us? I mean really their launches would be detected and countered w/ US nukes, the fuck is a missile defence shield gonna do vs 1000+ nuclear IBCMS? nothing!

Fucking piece of retarded shit the republicans were using to line the defence contractors pockets in return for campaign contributions.

l2p us politics noob :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Shame the nazies didn't manage to completely destroy and capture the Soviet union. Why did noone help them?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Why does the whole world want to suck Obama's balls ?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
In fairness to Obama, he's saying he does not know why he got it. Me I understand it, in his short time in power, he has atleast made efforts to talk to countries in the middle east.

We can go on for centuries killing them and bombing them and fucking up there governments and countries but unless we destroy every last one of them. It's a pointless exercise, discussions and peace make alot more sense.

So does he deserve it yet? probably not, but he's making the right noises as far as I am concerned.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Seeing that the peace prize by nature is political and has more purpose than just saying "well done, now relax and enjoy", I can definately see the reasoning behind giving him the prize. Some people would call it genial even.

Now he's being encouraged and at the same time under more pressure to make the "right" decisions.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
In fairness to Obama, he's saying he does not know why he got it. Me I understand it, in his short time in power, he has atleast made efforts to talk to countries in the middle east.

We can go on for centuries killing them and bombing them and fucking up there governments and countries but unless we destroy every last one of them. It's a pointless exercise, discussions and peace make alot more sense.

So does he deserve it yet? probably not, but he's making the right noises as far as I am concerned.

After Bush, any noises sound like the right one. It really is scary how far we went from the Clinton era trying to establish relations and peace with the middle east to the end of Bush's reign.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think Obama sold his penis to Ghandi for Win points

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom