Crap O2 / GiffGaff

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's bizarre.
My phone has a full signal and active data. I can call landlines and receive calls from landlines, but I can't call a mobile and a mobile can't call me.
My wife's phone has no signal and says "Emergency Calls only".
My daughter's phone (Tesco, on back of O2) has a signal but isn't receiving calls or data.

If it lasts longer than a few hours, there will be snotty emails to the O2 powers that be about what they're going to do to make it up to customers. I don't want much, just some sort of tangible way to make it up. I tried to call a gas engineer today and was locked out from calling him, so it's an inconvenience that I have to call him again to rearrange his visit (and be in for him to call round).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
This must be the fifth issue I've had this year, I think it's time to move.

Chilly

Balls of steel
This must be the fifth issue I've had this year, I think it's time to move.
It's a real shame. I want giffgaff to succeed - I had problems earlier trying to call someone, assumed it was my phone.

Fast

Part of the furniture
3 years or more with GG only 2 outs. 2 weeks with O2 and an out :/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Only experienced a few outages with GG. The worst one was an overnight fix and all back to normal when I woke up. Not complaining. GG has been 99.999% for me. Better than Vodafone by far imo.

rynnor

Rockhound
This is the second bad outage this year - its coverage is also rather patchy - guess its time for a new mobile + contract...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I had to ditch Giff Gaff due to weak o2 signal but I am not sure today is down to Giff Gaff as both Tesco and Giff Gaff are having issues i would suspect some o2 issues?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Don't all carriers have glitches? Is there a carrier with a flawless uptime record?
Even landlines go down sometimes.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I really need to sort myself out a giffgaff, definately before I grab a Windows 8 phone.

Gray

FH is my second home
Used to work at O2 but apparently from what some of the guys are saying is they've had a major outage, something about several HLR's crashing whatever they are but it could take a while to fix it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Guy on o2 just called at house, his is emergency calls only and sister in law rang from Ayrshire, tesco and o2 phones out.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The problems I have affect all the networks, my nearest tower seems to be shared between everyone. When the tower is down my Orange my work Vodafone and my Three data card all drop off. That is why it does not seem to matter who i go to i get the same crap connection on everyone bar o2

Job

When the fuck are they going to standardise the freakin connection technology, my phone spends all day hunting between 2G, 3G and HSDPA, the amount of times I get it out of my pocket and it's sat in 3G mode with no bars and I have go into settings to force it into GSM and then I get a shed load of missed call alerts.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Don't all carriers have glitches? Is there a carrier with a flawless uptime record? Even landlines go down sometimes.

I spend a lot of time messing around with carrier connections, Mobile & Land Line, and there are a scary number of problems on a national basis daily, especially between different carriers and mobile networks.

A reliable source with close knowledge for the reason for todays BT meltdown explained it to me that it was caused by the following:
Visual Basic 6
I'm shocked every day more stuff doesn't break.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have heard that the more you port your number the more screwed you are as your number never leaves the original carrier they just forward calls. So if you were on o2 but ported to Vodafone then o2 went down you would not get any calls on Voda until o2 were back. Not sure how true that is as I never port numbers.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I have heard that the more you port your number the more screwed you are as your number never leaves the original carrier they just forward calls. So if you were on o2 but ported to Vodafone then o2 went down you would not get any calls on Voda until o2 were back. Not sure how true that is as I never port numbers.

tumblr_m67ijv0Kla1qizx4p.png

soze

I am a FH squatter
I can't remember where I heard that so I will make no move to defend myself.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I heard if you hold your phone upside down, turn your GPS on, and dial +006664570982450992874666 whilst looking in a mirror, you see the Devil behind you...

Job

Well thats hoe they do it on landlines and you are still attached to your original provider when it comes to own network free calls, so hes at least mostly right, possibly totally correct

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I am on O2 and has some calls go right to voicemail, which is annoying as I have a lot of shit going on in my life right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom