o0mg lol tbh WTF??

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Silverblast said:
As a muslim I say.... thats the most retarded thing to do.

Chronictank said:
wonder how many non-christians they actually asked rather than assuming it offended x person

I as a non-christian arent offended by it o_O, nor anyone i know who is a non-christian who i know is.

So who actually is offended by it :p

Personally i think its prolly just a publicity stunt

In the Metro (newspaper you get for free on the london underground),
there were 4 comments by people in ethnic-minority groups who conconded the action.

Your turn, show me some quotes by people in ethnic minorities who do get offended by christmas

Jjuraa

Banned
Chronictank said:
In the Metro (newspaper you get for free on the london underground),
there were 4 comments by people in ethnic-minority groups who conconded the action.

Your turn, show me some quotes by people in ethnic minorities who do get offended by christmas

first off, conconded isnt even a word. this is exactly what i mean, youre all talk.. so until i know what "conconded" means i cant reply to that statement.

as to "my turn", far be it from me to contradict the gospel that is a free newspaper for commuters, but i dont see why the things i've said already arent adequate proof to what is happening in this country? i too could go and get some biased quotes. but thats not evidence?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Jjuraa said:
first off, conconded isnt even a word. this is exactly what i mean, youre all talk.. so until i know what "conconded" means i cant reply to that statement.

as to "my turn", far be it from me to contradict the gospel that is a free newspaper for commuters, but i dont see why the things i've said already arent adequate proof to what is happening in this country? i too could go and get some biased quotes. but thats not evidence?
condoned spelt very badly

you asked me
You could start by explaining where these people im blaming are, and show me where they "disagree" with the "policy"
in responce to
things like this make me want to vote for BNP. i swear things like this will one day TURN me racist because i just cannot stand whats happening in this country. ive got no problem with people comeing to live in britain if they are having a hard time elsewhere. but if you come here then you should fucking respect that this is OUR country, not try and extend it to become a part of yours?
i quoted the above, showing the people who came to "your" country and disagree with the policy.

i think a previous poster put my view best
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
So basically... the christian gouvernment decides to ban words with christian connotation for whatever (retarded) reason and in response, your suggestion is to go and actively disrespect and insult a foreign religion? That´s like hitting yourself in the face, then go beat up somebody else because your face hurts.

well im off to uni

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ah hem, chrystina as to your command of "do some research:
But hysterical headlines in the local and national press
taken from your link.... now if i see stuff plastered all over the news and on the telly (unless its in the sport) i am going to think its happened, i do not intend to haul arse outside and conduct a survey asking everyone in the country if they have infact banned christmas from some areas, which as it states in the article they have considered and some have actually replaced the word "christmas" so thats that, but thankyou for posting a link as i couldn't be bothered to find one.

Personally my idea of christmas is the fat guy in the red suit with the reindeer and reading "twas the night before christmas" on christmas eve, over eating, buying prezzies for loved ones and cuddling up watching old movies and playing games, theres nothing religious there at all and infact my boyfriend was friends with a chap at uni who was sikh (thats for spelling ame) and he and his family used to have presants and turkey curry on christmas day, its just a nice time, like easter for me is more about a rabbit and chocolate eggs, just because im not religious doesn't mean i am not thoroughly mortified by the idea of losing the celebrations.

I really do hope its all a load of fuss about nothing and that i am completely wrong and have been fooled by hoax news reports, but you have to think its really very sad that if it was all a joke how easy it is to believe.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
they started renameing christmas last year too in some places... and well i was gonna say summat else, but ill prolly get banned for being racist or smt.

Gamah

Banned
Yes how dare you, as for banning the word christmas (whether it happened or not) its a retarded idea, its a christian country and christian holidays should be followed and celebrated like every other religion in the UK.

As for Nikion, I constantly see you use an "us and them" stance, I know you probably never seen a non-white (Christian) living in bath and all but I grew up in a multi-ethnic enviroment..many of the problems caused when I was growing up in school was by a us and them attitude which still follows me around today even though I try so hard to not think in that way.

There are good people in minorities and there are bad people in minorities, same goes for whites..I mean fucking pikeys and chavs are scum and most are white "christains"

Jjuraa

Banned
Chronictank said:
i think a previous poster put my view best

im sorry but at no point did i insult an entire religion, only part of it. but thats hardly racist of me. even if i did hate 30% of muslims? so what? i hate 30% of christians, jews, sikhs etc too.

and gamah, youre right about bath not having much in the way of ethnic diversity. but so what? like i said i dont have a problem with any race on this earth. or put it another way: i have a problem with EVERY race on this earth.

Marc

FH is my second home
Non religious people should fuck off and not celebrate xmas tbh. After all, its a celebration of the birth of jesus. I shall be there, at midnight mass, pint of nelson in hand, give my regards to father mcmahon before hopping back across the road to the local :drink:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
What does Christmas, and Santa clause have to do with Christianity?

Marc

FH is my second home
Heta said:
What does Christmas, and Santa clause have to do with Christianity?

lol the word christmas means in no uncertain terms "the birth of christ"

3 kings bringing gifts for the baby jesus. Ring a bell with people giving others presents? Santa claus = SAINT Nick?

anyway, my remark was more tongue in cheek.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
no, Christmas is about a fat guy in red riding a sled lead by some rainders, one got a red nose, and he give pressies to kids.

This jesus crap is just a made up thing

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
i do not intend to haul arse outside and conduct a survey
typing "christmas ban" into google (that's what I did) isn't exactly a survey:touch:

Gamah

Banned
I can't work out if your sig is saying I made a good point or taking the piss chrystina, whatever it is you have taken it out of the context of the thread I orginaly posted.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I can't work out if your sig is saying I made a good point or taking the piss chrystina, whatever it is you have taken it out of the context of the thread I orginaly posted.

50 damage mobstomper!!!!! xD

<3 you really :)

On topic, its bollocks, how can other people be offended by the word christmas just because their not christian? It's like me saying im offended by eid because its die backwards which really means its a plot to murder us all...

Silly :(

edit: christmas isn't banned anymore, my above point still stands though, apparently some people CHOOSE to get offended by stuff, but nevermind :)

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
I think if you dug deep enough you'll find the people who are worried about Christmas (there I said it!) offending people are white PC types who've never actually talked anyone from a different religious background to themselves! Most of my Asian friends (whether Muslim, Sikh or Hindu) tend to get together on Christmas day and have a nice family meal without any religious content at all which, if you think about it, is exactly what the majority of the "christian" families are doing too. Mostly they don't give it other presents but that's because they have other religious celebrations in their calender and too many presents just gets too expensive!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jjuraa said:
im sorry but at no point did i insult an entire religion, only part of it. but thats hardly racist of me. even if i did hate 30% of muslims? so what? i hate 30% of christians, jews, sikhs etc too.

and gamah, youre right about bath not having much in the way of ethnic diversity. but so what? like i said i dont have a problem with any race on this earth. or put it another way: i have a problem with EVERY race on this earth.

races? what fucking races? theres only ONE human race, and it just so happends that if u peel of the skin we all look exactly the same.

the only thing that makes us differ is those that live near the equator(sp?) have darker skin due to the sun....

a horse and a cow is 2 diffrent races. humans is just humans no matter what fucking color they happen to have.

Jjuraa

Banned
Ctuchik said:
races? what fucking races? theres only ONE human race, and it just so happends that if u peel of the skin we all look exactly the same.

the only thing that makes us differ is those that live near the equator(sp?) have darker skin due to the sun....

a horse and a cow is 2 diffrent races. humans is just humans no matter what fucking color they happen to have.

very profound. but if we could dispense with the 16 year old stoner philosophy for a while, i think we can both agree you knew exactly what i meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom