o0mg lol tbh WTF??

Chronictank

FH is my second home
wonder how many non-christians they actually asked rather than assuming it offended x person

I as a non-christian arent offended by it o_O, nor anyone i know who is a non-christian who i know is.

So who actually is offended by it :p

Personally i think its prolly just a publicity stunt

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
When I said or so, I didn't mean longer then two thousand years since that's when Jesus Christ was (apparently) born thus starting this whole celebration thing?
time for some re-search:

"In the year 274AD, solstice fell on 25th December, and Roman Emperor Aurelian proclaimed the date as "Natalis Solis Invicti," the festival of the birth of the invincible sun. In 320 AD, Pope Julius I specified the 25th of December as the official date of the birth of Jesus Christ. In 325AD, Constantine the Great, the first Christian Roman emperor, introduced Christmas as an immovable feast on 25 December. In 354AD, Bishop Liberius of Rome officially ordered his members to celebrate the birth of Jesus on 25 December.

In some parts of the Roman Empire (mostly the Eastern parts), solstice was celebrated on 6 January, the last festival day for those who started solstice on 25 December. (Saturnalia was held over 12 days.) The Orthodox Churches of Eastern Europe celebrate Christmas on 6 January.

Merry Christmas!
So the most likely year that Jesus was born, is 6BC, probably in the month of March. There was no year 0 (zero) recorded, so the 2nd millennium celebration of the birth of Jesus should have been held in March 1995."

or more info on http://www.funandgames.org/hunt/jesus.htm and various other sites...

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
This is just retardet.. If ppl have a problem with it they should just get the fuck out of the county..

Balan

Fledgling Freddie
FFS why dont we just call out and tell them to F'off :twak:

whats next banning easter, halloween, christmas all to gether

this is england ENGLISH if we bann our chrisanty (how ever its spelt) holidays then why the hell can ppl have chinesse new year and there holidays cos IT might offended us (well not me)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Its like they say, when in rome, act like the romans!!

If they come to the UK they should abide by our laws, in exactly the same way that when British soldiers went over to the middle east to fight in the gulf war, they where not allowed to drink because of the saudi laws.

The UK has become a very easy going place - we dont interfere with religious acts anywhere near as much as we could (or have in the past). We allow the wearing of turbans etc in places that headgear is not usually allowed, I was reading an army recruitment booklet the otherday and saw a photo of the pass-out parade at sandhurst, everyone wearing the peaked cap of the same style, all except one of them, who was wearing a turban.

We make more allowances that most countries in regards to race and equal rights, but things are becomming a little too "equal" - if it carries on at this rate, soon the standard "white, british" person will be the one being discriminated against.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Balan said:
FFS why dont we just call out and tell them to F'off :twak:

whats next banning easter, halloween, christmas all to gether

this is england ENGLISH if we bann our chrisanty (how ever its spelt) holidays then why the hell can ppl have chinesse new year and there holidays cos IT might offended us (well not me)

will ban trick or treat (sp) first then they will ban halloween ;)

Balan

Fledgling Freddie
also WTFH just looked at a copy of a old paper i just read that they banned people sing'ing hope and gorly what is wrong with it these old ppl die'd/lived / fought in the war to save our country and this is how we treat them they desever the repect for it

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
bunch of fookin bollox if you ask me.. if they dont like it.. they can fuck off to the boring lifes they must have.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Lool ridiculous, how can the word "Christmas" be offensive, I would love to get a megaphone (the thing which police use to talk loud I think ?? ;dxd) and run around shouting it where it's supposed to be banned, see who complains so we can put them on a boat home!

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Go into their mosques WITH shoes on and sing OUR songs and see what happens.
They come to our home/country and do whatever they like and if we say they can't do that because of tradition they play the race/anti muslim card.
Well it’s either our way or the highway (home to torture/death/oppression). I bet they choose to accept our way in the end.

Jjuraa

Banned
For those wondering (i know i used to, before i had it explained) why the british government acts like this, and just gives away our countries principals and traditions:

democracy = the people decide.

look at a place like birmingham, parts of that city you could walk into and be forgiven for thinking youd been transported to the middle east. (i dont know the actual ratio, but it must almost be 40/50 muslims/christians now)

Government: how can we get more votes and get in power?
Muslims: ban christmas, lots of us will vote for you
Government: rox! here have a mosque

this is the reason BNP gets votes im sure... its getting out of hand, id hope next general election more people would pay attention to each parties policys on immigrants etc. id personally rather pay slightly higher tax than lose my country to "passive" invaders...

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
They come to our home/country and do whatever they like and if we say they can't do that because of tradition they play the race/anti muslim card.
Well it’s either our way or the highway (home to torture/death/oppression). I bet they choose to accept our way in the end.

The thing with this is ... you assume that "they" are offended by christmas and thus these councils ban it ... but that is not how it goes .. there is muslims posting in this very thread saying it's bollocks ... so you're going on a semi racist rant against people for a none exsisting reason and that is how nontolerance and misunderstanding gets into the world.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Jjuraa said:
look at a place like birmingham, parts of that city you could walk into and be forgiven for thinking youd been transported to the middle east. (i dont know the actual ratio, but it must almost be 40/50 muslims/christians now)

more like 80/20 :E fucking shit how many we let into our county tbh.. they should go back to there county if they dont like the way we live in our cuntry, im not racest but that does me that the fucking twats dont piss me off ..

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Kathal said:
Who says its muslims who are offended by Christmas ? Who cares what its called its the content that matters and christmas is all good fun no discrimination involved, no reason to change anything.

Jjuraa

Banned
Shanaia said:
The thing with this is ... you assume that "they" are offended by christmas and thus these councils ban it ... but that is not how it goes .. there is muslims posting in this very thread saying it's bollocks ... so you're going on a semi racist rant against people for a none exsisting reason and that is how nontolerance and misunderstanding gets into the world.

i think its a fair assumption that christian people are not looking to ban the word. i agree that its wrong to blame it solely on muslims. i dont *think* any of my arguments are pointing that way (i know i used muslims in my example, but only because i pinpointed birmingham as a well known example)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
i think its a fair assumption that christian people are not looking to ban the word. i agree that its wrong to blame it solely on muslims. i dont *think* any of my arguments are pointing that way (i know i used muslims in my example, but only because i pinpointed birmingham as a well known example)

That's why I replied to Kathal and not you

For the record I'm not calling anyone a racist ... I'm just saying that if you're going to be angry/racist with anyone at least try to have good reasons for it.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Well put aside the muslims living in the UK for a sec, Im a muslim and I'm a local citizen of the UAE, even here we give freedom to christians to celebrate christmas, some of the huge supermarkets even put up christmas trees. I cant see how you can accuse muslims of being the source of this issue. As someone else said, its probably another shitty publicity stunt.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

So basically... the christian gouvernment decides to ban words with christian connotation for whatever (retarded) reason and in response, your suggestion is to go and actively disrespect and insult a foreign religion? That´s like hitting yourself in the face, then go beat up somebody else because your face hurts.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
in the uk some councils are banning the word christmas when they put up lights decorations etc in december because it might offend some non christian people living here, they are going to be winter celebration decorations or some crap, now is it just me or is this taking things a tad too far?
do some f*cking research before you post and rant like that... you'll find this:

Christmas NOT banned

and to all other "omfg!" posters: less bandwagon jumping tbh :twak:

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Another publicity stunt... Makes me feel disgusted at what some people do, and even worse, what some people believe.

Himse

FH is my second home
CHRISTMAS! oh dears i broke a rule /care :<

stupid to ban words tbh, i might just run round shouting its christmas etc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Himse said:
CHRISTMAS! oh dears i broke a rule /care :<

stupid to ban words tbh, i might just run round shouting its christmas etc.
Chrystina said:
do some f*cking research before you post and rant like that... you'll find this:

Christmas NOT banned

reading is your friend

Jjuraa

Banned
Chrystina said:

Christmas NOT banned

sorry to burst your downright bitchy bubble Chrystina, but

"The council said one of its town centre managers had "erred on the side of caution" and replaced the term "Christmas lights" with "winter lights".

The council spokeswoman said an official was concerned about people from other religions. "

is directly from your news article. and its exactly what we've been discussing. Just because people are on a "bandwagon" and youre not, doesnt mean youre correct.

and chronictank, how suprising to see you commenting without a clue on yet another serious topic.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
sorry to burst your downright bitchy bubble Chrystina, but

well, at LEAST quote it in full and don't leave out:

She said: "It was a junior-level decision and it happened to go into print which was an error basically."

"I think it was certainly not a council policy that we should call the lights winter lights."

"The suggestion Christmas has been banned is absolutely ridiculous," the spokesman added. "The usual Christmas tree will be up in the Town Hall, the usual Christmas carols will be sung and we're looking forward to the Christmas lights being switched on."

merry xmas! now bring on the holidays and presents tbh... :drink:

Jjuraa

Banned
how is the rest of that quote undermining my point? the fact that that "junior manager" did what he did proves the way people gaurd their thoughts these days, to go so far as to omit words such as "christmas" simply to try and avoid any forseeable trouble with some fucking decorations.

in our own goddamn country? tell me thats right.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Jjuraa said:
how is the rest of that quote undermining my point? the fact that that "junior manager" did what he did proves the way people gaurd their thoughts these days, to go so far as to omit words such as "christmas" simply to try and avoid any forseeable trouble with some fucking decorations.

in our own goddamn country? tell me thats right.
show me where anyone has done a public survey of ethnic minority grps showing they want christmas banned cus i sure as hell havent met one who does

its YOUR councils and YOUR governments who YOU elect doing these things, and yet you blame the same people who disagree with the policy in this thread alone, which you convineintly ignore in your little rant

and you laughably say i dont have a clue

Jjuraa

Banned
Chronictank said:
show me where anyone has done a public survey of ethnic minority grps showing they want christmas banned cus i sure as hell havent met one who does

its YOUR councils and YOUR governments who YOU elect doing these things, and yet you blame the same people who disagree with the policy in this thread alone, which you convineintly ignore in your little rant

and you laughably say i dont have a clue

I "laughably" say you dont have a clue because your forum posts are a fairly good indication that this is the case. re-read that last post you just made, theres a loooooot of big words in it, but no content. You clearly beleive a large vocabulary makes you intelligent, yet youve gone on for two paragraphs and said nothing. Try to walk before you can run.

You could start by explaining where these people im blaming are, and show me where they "disagree" with the "policy"

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
"The council said one of its town centre managers had "erred on the side of caution" and replaced the term "Christmas lights" with "winter lights".

Theres a fine line between being considerate, and being fucking moronic, this town centre manager just took a leap across it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom