O bessie

O

old.Cher

bessie o bessie o bessie, how i felt sorry for u, my ranger beckoned u the orange con paladin and started meleeing u, and as soon as u had lost 50% life u ran back into pk for 5 mins

u then came back out hitting for 3x's as much damage, and twice as fast, and i was still beating u, so finally u did what all albs do, u called for help, and had to get your friends to back u up.

how i laughed

congrats, on possibly one of the most hollow bg kills,

:clap:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

It seems Albs are like that...

I backstabbed Cablism (or whatever his name is...), gave him another two quick hits with my rapier to make sure he was really dead that time (he is one tough little rubber-faced Avalonian) - and ran.

Into a green con wolf near MPK - what happens?
Two Albs come after me, merrily casting, whacking me while the wolf bit me arse.

Trying to give me an xp death.
Another Alb gloats here that he gave some players an xp death.

I have died to twice (twice and I am 50 points away from capping with Finn) Albs in "regular" melee - and that was Berge's Infil and some Infil who managed to see me whilst stealthed.

The rest is - I backstab some caster - leg it - someone manages to prevent me from stealthing and 300 Albs gang up on a little Luri. Some even have the guts to /laugh after... pfft.
:m00: Albs. Poor.

Salute to the Mids, tho. Hood off to you folks - seeing small groups taking on the 3-4 group Alb zerg deserves being mentioned.

And yes... I helped some Mids tonight by backstabbing Albs tonight (in case some "cross-realming!!1" post appears).

Mids have guts at least. Respect.

O

old.Downanael

Oh and btw you should make your trap bit better Bessie :)

was clear it was an trap afer you *run* away when i shoot you,

nevertless was fun get you about 30% hp off when 5 albs hitting me :D

S

swords

why you use Backstab on casters? they drop in one shot with a PA... :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Because I specced envenom to 20+5 - minor lethal does about 40 damage/tick.

It's the sadist in me rejoicing when I see half a health bar dropping to zero while I leg it.
And BSII usually drops casters - some hunters and a two friars I even killed with a BSI combo. :)

Every stealther goes for PA... I wanted to try something different. ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

- and another double post -

I would go so far to call it a triple post. :(

C

Cybwyn

PA is so sweet though - gives me such a warm feeling inside when I blow a Luri / Elf / Kobold away for 384 damage. :)

As for poor Bessie - she's a 2h Pally I think, so be nice. ;)

O

old.TeaSpoon

I normally get about 36 on minor lethal. one of the reasons im capping so fast

S

swords

heh i didnt say i couldnt BS2 casters in 1 shot either.
400 BS isnt too shabby.

i like the warm feeling inside when you just appear beside this avalonian corpse in the middle of 5 clueless albs...then running like buggery :)

S

Shahla

I don't have any points in envenom at all, so I am not sure of its relative merits other than what I read here. I must say that 40 HP a tick sounds a bit nasty so I am not sure I fancy running into Uncle Sick at all :(

Tell me... alot of the specs I see here seem to be specifically for the Battleground and not for continuing to level 50. I have autotrained stealth so far for extra points at 50, and even with spell crafted items to maximise my stealth I suspect I will still struggle badly against other stealthers in the Battleground if they are only speccing for that scenario. Is this the case? Should I even try?

Mind you... my PA is quite hard (I don't have many kills yet, but I did one shot kill an enemy a few nights ago :)) and I have quite a few points in dual wield, which I hope to respec to envenom at a later stage...

O

old.tuppe

atleast i am targeting whit all my chars to 50, 3 now at 24.
rhoaw is that way closer sz.
st is 17 +5, gona respect in 40 down and auto to 48.
hard choise, like my bd, hunter is somehow quite fun to play, and sb too.
at this point maybe cap sb and start lvl it up, keep bd and hunter for thidraki fun, lv them later? to 50.

last night was funn indeed, tryed 1st whit my hunter but as usual, (btw that hunter is over 1 year old! :) ) too many misses, zergs.
switched to sb and enjoy alott more, roaming around alb zerg looking some target, get some nice heads under my belt,
lastly wanted try armsmen whit pole, dam those hit hard, died but indeed not in bad mood :).

we mids can, if just want? make some nice moves in thid, it just depends if people are on that mood.

C

Cybwyn

Tuppe, I was standing nearby, watching your little Kobby SB take on that polearmsman, thinking 'brave but slightly amibitious'. ;)

Close but no cigar. :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

18+5 Pierce
19+5 Stealth
20+5 Envenom
12+5 CS

So far a very successful template. :)

O

old.TeaSpoon

19+5 Stealth
21+5 CS
20+5 Env
13+5 Slash
2 DW

So far a very nice template :)

S

Shahla

Wow... hehe no wonder I can't solo and get killed alot :)

5+5 stealth (auto training)
23+5 CS
23+5 Thrust
15+1 DW

So I hit hard enough once the fight starts, but usually a PA and DOT on me will give people enough of a head start. In a group I can act as great bait though, or scout, and once the melee starts I seem to do enough damage to be worthwhile.

I'll keep trying :)

G

Gallak

Heh I have a lovely picture of 3 stealthed albs completely oblivious of me as I watch them wait for a target to gank. I have 13+5 stealth so these guys must be pretty damn low :)

S

solkhanar-pjo

Gifv shades the ability to use 2h-weapons, or give them self-buffs, celt-shades.. or 2.5x their level to spec. kthx. :eek:

S

ShiShi

Originally posted by solkhanar-pjo
Gifv shades the ability to use 2h-weapons, or give them self-buffs, celt-shades.. or 2.5x their level to spec. kthx. :eek:
why so? :)
we really dun need that to kick infs and sbs butts
S.

ps. firbolg shade? hehehe ;)

S

sieben_dapoet

dunno much about stealth chars.. so forgive me for this but whats PA ?

cheers for info {if anyone replies}

C

Cybwyn

PA = Perforate Artery - Critical Strike performed from stealth in front of an enemy. The opening of choice of the discerning assassin which in BG1 does 150ish damage on tanks (usually a bad move) up to 400+ damage on casters (yum!).

D

dracus

gloatin....

Well ill take anyone on 1Vs1 just gimme time and place :) ive havent met a class who killed me 1on1 yet :) must be on out there...hellsminion almost got it with help from a reaver...but i dropped him first :swords:

Bein a SZ helps a lot :) cant 1shot casters...but who cba killin wimpy casters...when u can kill all the others :great:

/Dracus

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by Cybwyn
PA = Perforate Artery - Critical Strike performed from stealth in front of an enemy. The opening of choice of the discerning assassin which in BG1 does 150ish damage on tanks (usually a bad move) up to 400+ damage on casters (yum!).

cheers for info :) off to look that one up.. perhaps Cadoras may be online very soon ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
19+5 Stealth
21+5 CS
20+5 Env
13+5 Slash
2 DW

So far a very nice template :)

18+5 Pierce
19+5 Stealth
20+5 Envenom