Nvidia Cards nv4.disp problems

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Has anyone else encountered this problem whislt using an Nvidia card.

After 5-10 mins ingame it goes mental and sticks and then the graphics mess up, after watching the pretty screen for a further 30 secs i get CTD and a nv4.disp infinite loop error.

Googled this for hours and it seems to have been a problem from the earler Nvidia cards way back in 2002 to some sort of driver conflict. So in my haste ive uninstalled/cleaned/and reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers and still get the same problem. Even rolled back to the previous one and still no luck.

Some say drivers, some say PSU. Even does it on my other games, 5-10 mins all goes crazy.

Borderline buying an ATI card as long as noone has had problems with those too.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Has anyone else encountered this problem whislt using an Nvidia card.

After 5-10 mins ingame it goes mental and sticks and then the graphics mess up, after watching the pretty screen for a further 30 secs i get CTD and a nv4.disp infinite loop error.

Googled this for hours and it seems to have been a problem from the earler Nvidia cards way back in 2002.

Some say drivers, some say PSU. Even does it on my other games, 5-10 mins all goes crazy.

Borderline buying an ATI card as long as noone has had problems with those too.

I had this problem alot with my old Geforce 5500 in daoc. I never managed to eliminate the problem but I managed to reduce it alot.

Have you always had this problem? Often updating graphics drivers causes this. I found that re-installing older drivers helped. Make sure you do it thoroughly, I had to go into safe mode and use software tools to properly uninstall the drivers. Also check the temperature the card is running at, if it is running quite hot it might be throttling itself to prevent damage and thus causing the graphics problems.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved

Tried all that, rolled back to previous version and now back on latest. Updated all the bios, chipsets, etc etc so everything is up to date.

It has only started doing this over the last 4 days and has been perfectly fine before. It is a new rig so none of the parts should be wearing and ran 2 torture tests on my system which brings no faults until i run a game or a video benchmarking tool.

Currently looking at ebuyer at the ati 4850 but i see people have similar conflicts with them too.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
It has only started doing this over the last 4 days and has been perfectly fine before. It is a new rig so none of the parts should be wearing and ran 2 torture tests on my system which brings no faults until i run a game or a video benchmarking tool.

What did you do 4 days ago? If it was working fine before then there is no reason you can't get it back to this state. What card do you have and were you planning on upgrading anyway?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Tried all that, rolled back to previous version and now back on latest. Updated all the bios, chipsets, etc etc so everything is up to date.

I've seen mention that 'rollback' doesn't always clean this up, anything here help?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
I've seen mention that 'rollback' doesn't always clean this up, anything here help?

Ive tried driver after driver, even going back to the trusty 169's but to no avail. Even tested some beta drivers and tweaked drivers, none of them worked. So installed the latest drivers again and still cant get further than 10 mins into a game without the bsod and loop error.

Looks like the only option is to get an ATI card and the 4870's are looking mighty fine. Thats the only sure fire way of being able to play warhammer at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom