Nvidia 8600M GT driver problem

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
Hey guys, got a small problem, i just bought a new laptop with Nvidia 8600M GT graphics card.
I just installed Vista 32bit and tried to download the drivers from Nvidias site put as i tryed to install them it sayed that i didnt have the right hardwere.
Does enyone have any ideas where can i get them from? I tryed searching in google put nothing.
Sorry for my bad english.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Have you tried the manufacturers website, Nvidia will have a driver for the GPU, but if its not recognised its best to head to the actual card/laptop manufacturer and check. If not, whinge at them until they point you towards the driver.

Noli

Fledgling Freddie
well the manufactuer is Dell, put i cant find enywhere on their site where i can download for my grapich card.:(

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
In product type on the driver page make sure you select Product Type:geforce M/GO its very easy to miss.

Failing that use the auto detect feature on the nvidia website

DeathsBows

Fledgling Freddie
hi found this .....

Steps to follow if your NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS-based graphics card is not recognized by Windows

Windows Vista
  1. Start Windows.
  2. From the Windows taskbar, click the Start icon, then click Control Panel.
  3. From the Classic View, double-click Device Manager to display the Device Manager window.
    notebit.gif
    NOTE
    :
    The Display adapters item in the list will show if the NVIDIA driver is functioning properly. If it is not functioning properly, a yellow icon with an exclamation point appears next to the device driver in question. (If it is functioning properly, the name of the NVIDIA desktop GPU is displayed.)
  4. Right-click the display adapter and then click Update Driver Software.
  5. From the Update Driver Software dialog box, click Browse my computer for driver software.
  6. Under Search for driver software in this location box, type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\xxxxx and click Next.
  7. After Windows finds the drivers, click Next. Files will be copied.
  8. Click Finish.
  9. Restart your computer.
or can find different drivers for the 8400m/8600m gt/gts here

Dell - Search - All Dell.com

or this one from a forum from users with the same problem

Found the solution!!!!

To avoid the videocard check, extract the drivers (i downloaded the latest beta from nvidia site), then in device manager right select the video card>update driver software>browse my computer>let me pick from a list (bottom selection)>I HAVE A DISK>go to the folder you unzipped and you'll find a nv_disp.inf file, select it and from the list select your card (for my inspiron 1520 i selected the 8600 GT (there isn't a M version in the list). After the reboot all worked PERFECT :)

Note: checking the video card after these steps shows the 8600M GT (so the card is really what i've installed, 256MB dedicated).

Finally i can work :)

FASTER THAN DELL...

hope it helps

sbrandt

Fledgling Freddie
Same prob, only Zepto

Got det same prob.

My videocard is not installed. Windows update just cancel the selected "NVIDIA display" ...

Drivers dont work

Someone who can help me, find it from Zepto?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom