Nurture and regrowth

E

Ensceptifica

What is the use of +regrowth and +nurture on items? I'd think this would be common knowledge by now, but so far everyone I asked couldn't come up with an answer, so I'll just pose this question here...

My guess is that +regrowth increases the minimum on baseline heals and the set value of spec heals.

My other guess is that +nurture helps decrease the chance of bladeturn being broken by high level mobs. I know it doesn't do anything for baseline and spec (resist) buffs. I haven't noticed an increase in damage on the damage add either.

Seeing there are +nurture / +regrowth items, I assume there must be a noticeable benefit of having for instance 49 (spec) +11 (items) +5 (RR6) = 65 nurture...

E

Ensceptifica

Affreim wrote:
once you are at spec level +1 you should have no variance on spec spells. So if you're realm rank 2 you shouldn't have healing variance on spec spells.

Not recieving benifits after 2/3 spec is for base heals.

Baldor wrote:
For regrowth or nurture, If you are specced to 2/3 spec, +skills won't help [..]. So only get enough +skills to take a skill to 2/3. Make sure to factor in the points from Realm Ranks also.
--
For every point specced in Regrowth or Nurture you get 0.5% bonus on your heals or buffs. This is capped at 25%.
--
So get yourself enough bonus to reach 50 in regrowth/nurture (every realm rank will give you +1, too!). 25% bonus for heals and buffs is nice!
--
For Baldor (25 nurture specced) the Strength Buff (+42 str delved value) works like this:

25+1: +45 str
25+6: +47 str

Ensceptificamuralya is specced
16 regrowth (+5 from RR) (below 2/3 of my level)
49 nurture (+5 from RR)

I'm not sure what the conclusion is of Baldor and Affreim. There is no variance on my specced heals, but a lot of variance on my baseline heals (like 150-350). If I take +11 regrowth, I'd have 16+5+11 = 32 regrowth, which would still be below 2/3 of my level (2/3 * 50 = ~34). So it may be viable to get +11 regrowth when I'm RR8, but it won't help me one bit before that.

I doubt my baseline buffs are any stronger though I have over 50 in nurture, but maybe there's a lvl 49 RR1 warden with 49 nurture who could post his buff values here and I could compare em with mine.

E

elerand

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Ensceptificamuralya is specced
16 regrowth (+5 from RR) (below 2/3 of my level)
49 nurture (+5 from RR)

I'm not sure what the conclusion is of Baldor and Affreim. There is no variance on my specced heals, but a lot of variance on my baseline heals (like 150-350). If I take +11 regrowth, I'd have 16+5+11 = 32 regrowth, which would still be below 2/3 of my level (2/3 * 50 = ~34). So it may be viable to get +11 regrowth when I'm RR8, but it won't help me one bit before that.

I doubt my baseline buffs are any stronger though I have over 50 in nurture, but maybe there's a lvl 49 RR1 warden with 49 nurture who could post his buff values here and I could compare em with mine.

From what I've seen +regrowth decreases variance on baseline heals, +nurture would give a bonus to the delve value.
There is a cap of 50 on baseline buffs though and any warden with 49 nurture is prob giving +50 to any stat they buff regardless of + to nurture.

Without any bonuses to regrowth (except +2 from rr) the variance of my baseheals sucks, with +13 regrowth however I cap on them quite often.
Currently my 33 reg spec heals for 460 and my highest base heals for about 340-360.

S

spankya

From what I've tried on my bard and druid, both +nurture and +regrowth is a waste of time. Added +10 regrowth on my druid with 31 regrowth spec and it did nothing at all. Tried the same on my bard with a lower regrowth spec and it did nothing. Added +nurture to my druid and it did nothing. Waste of time :)

F

Faeldawn

+ nurture does nothing for my warden buffs, did nothing at rr1, 2, 3 .... you get the picture ;)

H

<Harle>

As mentioned before +regrowth reduces the variance of baseline-heals ( it does nothing whatsoever for spec-heals), untill you hit 2/3 of your lvl, then you will have no variance at all ( the closer you get to this 2/3 point the more consistent heals you will experience, so with 16 base-spec every point helps imo.)

+nurture is a complete waste of time really. It increases the effect of baseline buffs, but since they are capped at 50, this increase is not really needed. You can see this increase if you cast the lower lvls of the str and dex buffs on yourself, and check the effect: you will still be buffed for 50, even though their delve-value is much lower. The only use for this could be saving concentration-points by casting the lower-lvl str/dex-buffs, but that is not needed, since you can cast all 20 of the highest buffs without any concentration problems.
The only use for +nurture items would be on druids with low nurture spec ( maybe ask Zellder, what his baseline-buffs really buff for ;) ), since wardens and bards will (almost) always have 43 nurture, which is again above the magical 2/3 point.

A

astramenius

at least 65nurt overall would make a vely stlong bub.

to spread the rumor a bit more ...

honest, to check if nurt affects your bub above 50 you should test full nurt bub@65 on some siab guardians in boc maybe, and see how often the bub will be penetrated ... need prolly some support for this test tho :)

[edit]
better some fomos or grand pooks, they got slower attackspd afaik

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by astramenius
at least 65nurt overall would make a vely stlong bub.

to spread the rumor a bit more ...

honest, to check if nurt affects your bub above 50 you should test full nurt bub@65 on some siab guardians in boc maybe, and see how often the bub will be penetrated ... need prolly some support for this test tho :)

[edit]
better some fomos or grand pooks, they got slower attackspd afaik

And while you do that, ill rvr where it doesnt make any difference whatsoever ;)

Oh and its based on the bubblers level, not spec level how strong the bub is. You can do this by having a warden at the same level as a caster use pbt, and it will _always_ overwrite the caster bubble, even tho the warden only have the 26 pbt.

W

wrinkles

Hmm, I have a lvl 50 Druid,

Has 50 Nurture, and I can say its raised my resists by 1% bonus. Also have MoA 3 and and my Spell Resists are now either 26 or 27%. Cant confirm this w/o logging him in to give a definate answer.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
Oh and its based on the bubblers level, not spec level how strong the bub is. You can do this by having a warden at the same level as a caster use pbt, and it will _always_ overwrite the caster bubble, even tho the warden only have the 26 pbt.

This is gonna be fixed soon

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by <Harle>
As mentioned before +regrowth reduces the variance of baseline-heals ( it does nothing whatsoever for spec-heals), untill you hit 2/3 of your lvl, then you will have no variance at all ( the closer you get to this 2/3 point the more consistent heals you will experience, so with 16 base-spec every point helps imo.)

The principle is right, but the variance is decreased until your regrowth is one higher than the level of the base line spell (which can be quite a bit higher than 2/3 of your lvl).
So, in order to have no variance at all in base line heal spells, your regrowth has to be 48 (Minor Apotheosis lvl47, highest base line grp heal is 45, Apotheosis is lvl46). At regrowth 48 (e.g. 33 + 10 from items and 5 from RRs) there is no variance in any of the base line spells, but anything under that and there is (even if very minor variance).

E

Ensceptifica

Thanks for all the input; that's cleared things up a bit ( :

So my SC template should have +regrowth too : / Should be managable if that Paingean neckie (4 x +10% resist) comes into the game.

K

kalid

+nurt also affect the conc pool.
Someone did a test where he/she changed an item with +nurture and he/she could only cast 18 buffs. When the items were re-equiped he/she could cast 20 buffs.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by kalid
+nurt also affect the conc pool.
Someone did a test where he/she changed an item with +nurture and he/she could only cast 18 buffs. When the items were re-equiped he/she could cast 20 buffs.

That's interesting... do you remember who that someone was? ( : Not that I'm anxious to get more conc, but it's nice to unravel the mysteries of the effects of your skills ( ;

K

kalid

Asuming u have top pbt your conc pool don't need to be larger. Limit of buffs is still 20.

Think it's more intresting for druids with highlevel buffs.

Q

Qte Eth

if u have 34 total nurt ur base buffs cap at 50 and no help from more nurt to buffs above that for warden.
on hib all get enuff nurt to cap base buffs:)

Users who are viewing this thread