Nub question about savage h2h

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Heta said:
so you want all the classes in the game to have the same abilitys to not be unbalanced?
I dont see useing a sword as a special ability. But if one realm allways hits with bouth hands, and the rest only sometimes, you think thats right? 0o
Isnt it suppose to be like merc=bm=zerk ?

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Here some numbers with same 4.1spd speed weapons and even toa bonuses were equal (10/10):

My zerker caps 203 both hands base damage

Played equal rr merc which base dmg capped at 232

For comparison my 2h svg with 5.6spd caps base dmg at 474 and 620 with dps buffo.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
I dont see useing a sword as a special ability. But if one realm allways hits with bouth hands, and the rest only sometimes, you think thats right? 0o
Isnt it suppose to be like merc=bm=zerk ?

yes, but if you read some more zerkers only do half dmg on the left hand but swing each time, DW and CD have 50% swing chanse but do 100% dmg on the left hand. So.. which is better?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Heta said:
yes, but if you read some more zerkers only do half dmg on the left hand but swing each time, DW and CD have 50% swing chanse but do 100% dmg on the left hand. So.. which is better?
Do you mean 50% of what? Mainhand? Becouse on bm/merc offhand about 50% aswell id say.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Heta said:
Berserker damage is reduced on mainhand as well as off-hand hits. The damage reduction becomes less the more LA skill the berserker has. DW/CD off-hand will hit more if DW/CD skill is higher.

Ogen said:
Do you mean 50% of what? Mainhand? Becouse on bm/merc offhand about 50% aswell id say.
This is because style damage is only added to the mainhand.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
still think zerks get the best end then, altho i would like to know how much that reduction gets reduced. like 51LA = 1% reduced or smth? ;D

noblok

Part of the furniture
Osri said:
Here some numbers with same 4.1spd speed weapons and even toa bonuses were equal (10/10):

My zerker caps 203 both hands base damage

Played equal rr merc which base dmg capped at 232

For comparison my 2h svg with 5.6spd caps base dmg at 474 and 620 with dps buffo.
71 LA and 14.28% reduction ([232-203]/203), apparently. (assuming Osri has got 50 LA spec and 11 in spellcraft)

71 DW give 73.28% chance to swing off-hand.

Average damage per combat round:
Zerker: 85.72*2 = 171.44
Merc/bm: 100+73.25 = 173.28

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
noblok said:
71 LA and 14.28% reduction ([232-203]/203), apparently. (assuming Osri has got 50 LA spec and 11 in spellcraft)

71 DW give 73.28% chance to swing off-hand.

Average damage per combat round:
Zerker: 85.72*2 = 171.44
Merc/bm: 100+73.25 = 173.28
That calc isnt correct if you use styles. Since style dmg dosent apply to offhand on bm/merc. And does the reduction on zerks apply to offhand aswell? Since you just *2 bouth hands.
argh its confusing :=

noblok

Part of the furniture
Yes, it does affect the berserker's offhand damage as well as mainhand damage.

With styles:
Berserker:85.72*SM (style multiplier) + 85.72 = something
Merc/bm: 100*SM + 73.25 = more

Proof with a random style multiplier:
Berserker: 85.72*1.5 + 85.72 = 214.3
Merc/bm : 100*1.5 + 73.25 = 223.25

Edit: The higher the style multiplier, the higher the damage difference.

Hekate

Fledgling Freddie
There is an excellent post on catacombs that explains the LA mechanics:

Lyrre said:
First important thing to say about leftaxe is that your leftaxe spec determines your offhand damage variance and weaponskill! This means that you want a composite spec of 50 to minimize our basedamage variance (see above) and to maximize our defence penetration.

When a shadowblade equip an axe in his lefthand all the damage he do, mainhand AND offhand will be reduced to 62.5%. This is however NOT a damage penalty in any way, we will after all do 62.5*2 = 125% damage compared to just wielding a onehanded weapon, this is a bonus, even when specced 1 into leftaxe (this do not entirely hold true though, just because of our offhand weaponskill is determined by our leftaxe spec).
Every extra level the shadowblade raise his leftaxe spec he will raise his damage by 0.34% for both the mainhand AND offhand.

The LA base damage adjustment formula is:

B+[(s * A)]=y
where B=62.5%
s = LA spec + items + RR
A = adjustment /train which is 0.34%

What this all adds up to is:
At 1 LA you do 62.5% of EACH hands weapons BASE damage when they hit this means you can do potentially 125% base damage

At 50 + 11 + 9 it will go up to 85.1% for potentially 170.2%

Another thing that cant be pushed to often.
Your leftaxe spec will also determine your lefthand weaponskill (unlike dualwield and celticdual there the mainhand weaponskill determine the lefthand weaponskill).

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
noblok said:
Yes, it does affect the berserker's offhand damage as well as mainhand damage.

With styles:
Berserker:85.72*SM (style multiplier) + 85.72 = something
Merc/bm: 100*SM + 73.25 = more

Proof with a random style multiplier:
Berserker: 85.72*1.5 + 85.72 = 214.3
Merc/bm : 100*1.5 + 73.25 = 223.25

Edit: The higher the style multiplier, the higher the damage difference.
I think style dmg applys to offhand dmg on zerkers right? So thats
Berserker: 85.72*1.5 + 85.72*1.5= 257,16

Or am i totally screwing up now? :D

noblok

Part of the furniture
Ogen said:
I think style dmg applys to offhand dmg on zerkers right?
It doesn't :). Style damage only affects mainhand on all dual wield classes (i.e. DW/CD/H2H/LA), that's why the off-hand always does less damage than the mainhand (not taking enormous crits and unstyled hits into account :)).

E

Efour

oh noes, what have i started.

Heya supah troll! Good to see you still playing lol

noblok

Part of the furniture
Celestino said:
just take a look at this

should give some more insight about dw/cd/la
Interesting read.

Here was my mistake, cap damage with styles:
Code:
Spec    LABase  LACap   DWCap
------- ------- ------- ------
70      77.67   235.17  247.5
I assumed that LACap would be 86.3% of DWcap, seeing as LABase% is 86.3% at that level. According to this it's more like 95.02% though. I thought I should've calculated the style multiplier first, since I saw that unstyled cap played a role in the formula, but I was too lazy. Goes to show: never cut the corners :).

I must also admit that I forgot to take the haste effect into account :).

B

Biggilus

well done efour sparked such a fun exciting argument here

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Only thing is that +DW doesnt raise your base damage (unstyled)

Both my mercs has a unstyled cap both hands 236 damage. tahts with 10/10/10 bonuses.
and they are rr5 and rr7.

where as the higher LA you get the less penalty you get. thats probably why shadowblades have been whining during the years cause they got same nerf zerks did. and they usually not spec 50 LA :)

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
coz dw and base damage are 2 different things, chimaira

base damage depends on your main weapon spec, like for example crush, not dualwield, dw will only determine your chance to swing with both weapons when swinging unstyled

However DW does affect your damage cap but only when it comes to DW styles, that btw is the same as with Leftaxe or 2h/pole specs

now the LA effect on base damage has nothing to do with your melee cap but with 2 weapon fighting mechanics

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Interesting read.

Here was my mistake, cap damage with styles:
Code:
Spec    LABase  LACap   DWCap
------- ------- ------- ------
70      77.67   235.17  247.5
I assumed that LACap would be 86.3% of DWcap, seeing as LABase% is 86.3% at that level. According to this it's more like 95.02% though. I thought I should've calculated the style multiplier first, since I saw that unstyled cap played a role in the formula, but I was too lazy. Goes to show: never cut the corners :).

I must also admit that I forgot to take the haste effect into account :).

Same what I started look at...LA seems too high compared DW. :eek7:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Chimaira said:
Only thing is that +DW doesnt raise your base damage (unstyled)

Both my mercs has a unstyled cap both hands 236 damage. tahts with 10/10/10 bonuses.

where as the higher LA you get the less penalty you get. thats probably why shadowblades have been whining during the years cause they got same nerf zerks did. and they usually not spec 50 LA :)

DW has base 25% chance of an off hand swing ..

Every point in DW increases the chance of an off hand swing by 0.5%

and some such fasnizle...

Osri

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:

ye, base was with zerker too 236 when single wield...had to test :D

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
yes it is :)

thats how the LA mechanics work, instead of having a chance to swing both hands like with DW/CD, LA always swings both hands but for reduced damage
both resulting in more or less the same (link about it above)

but again, this is something different from damage caps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom