NTL 1Mbit Connections

Z

Zey

They are now available in all areas. Just upgraded mine so i will test it when i get home ;)

T

Trem

Bah, how i wish i was rich:( My chum in KEA has got the 1mb connection and he is really happy with it, although there ain't a huge difference in his pings compared to my 512 connection.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Same here, haven't noticied my ping being any better, altho apparently it should go down slightly when I get swapped over to 8meg, hurrah for local loop unbundling!

S

Sawtooth

Whats a good test site as I've upgraded mine to 1Mb too

Saw

S

ShockingAlberto

Well, why would there be a differance in pings? Bandwidth is bandwidth, and ping is speed :)

E

Embattle

Bandwidth is how wide a pipe is and Ping reffers to latency thus how quick from point to point :)

Y

Yaka

im thinking of upgrading to 1mb too but will i have to let those nast enginers thuch the wiring in me house? last time while upgrading to a digital tv box they fucked the connection and the tv wiring. took 3 weeks fer em to comeback an fix it

G

Grimes

Originally posted by Tremor
Bah, how i wish i was rich:( My chum in KEA has got the 1mb connection and he is really happy with it, although there ain't a huge difference in his pings compared to my 512 connection.

It won't make hardly any difference, most of the 512's will do upto 800 odd anyway (low user areas) so its hardly worth the extra money for the "upgrade" - unless your an employee and can get it on the associate offer ;)

W

Will

Originally posted by Yaka
im thinking of upgrading to 1mb too but will i have to let those nast enginers thuch the wiring in me house? last time while upgrading to a digital tv box they fucked the connection and the tv wiring. took 3 weeks fer em to comeback an fix it
If you already have a cable modem in the house, then no engineer will call, you'll just have to reboot the modem.

Y

Yaka

ah kewl just upgraded via ntl site, no forms or owt needed filling in which was nice fer a lazy bugger like me:p

S

Sawtooth

Took me ages to upgrade. Their tech and billing departments dont communicate well.

Biggest difference is streaming media actually streams now, dls are very very fast rather than very fast and I can play online with my son without any problems. (until he decides to view yet another Star wars trailer)

P

PR.

Well Telewest are doing a 1mb line for £39.99 a month.

If ntl: do this I will upgrade ;)

S

(Shovel)

I thought NTl and Blueyonder prices were supposed to be matched? Or have they abandoned that now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom