NS: Auto or /Lvl?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I'm posting this here because the Hib/Pryd forum is dead.

I want to roll an NS on Hib/Pryd, but the recent FS nerf means 4 Fins is out of the window as an easy route to Lvl 50 (Got a 50 Druid/Mana Eldy there already).

Should I just /lvl him to 30, or level the old way to 5 and auto-train stealth XPing normally to 50?

I'm just wondering how much of a benefit those 77 extra points will be ultimately? Can I get around them with good SC & items or not?

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
/level 30, and at lvl40 /respec stealth, it should autotrain it for you. wont need it for a while anyway

capo

Fledgling Freddie
you can get 75points by useing a single respec stone and prob 77points thru useing a full respec stone, don't put any points in bow and use realm respec stone at lvl50 for 77points, put 2 points in autotrain line (to be able to single respec it, dont think its possible if you dont have put any points in the line) and autotrain line and use single line respec stone at lvl50 for 75points.

Only did the 75 way myself, which worked well.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I must be being dense this morning, but don't understand how this works.

If I /level my NS to Lvl 30, do not spend any spec points (apart from raising Stealth to Lvl 2) and then PL said NS to Lvl 50, I can then use a single line respec stone to respec stealth to 0, in the process giving me 75 extra points?

I thought you didn't get auto-trained points back when you respecced?

/em Is confused :(

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
you did get auto-train points back last patch, im not sure about this 1

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
just level 30 :) lol, takes to long to get to level 5, and not many ppl will want u in grps tbh, thats the life of a stealther :p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Squalion said:
just level 30 :) lol, takes to long to get to level 5, and not many ppl will want u in grps tbh, thats the life of a stealther :p

This is the problem, I've got it into my head that my NS will be gimp if he's not got the extra 77 points from /auto.

He's basically going to be my main, and I need to make sure he's the very best he can be.

Aside from a BB, I do not intent to create anymore characters on Hib/Pryd, it's a nightmare splitting my time between there and Alb/Excal.

All I seem to be doing at the moment is levelling characters or stressing about specs and templates - not enjoyable at all TBH :(

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
nah, he wont be a gimp lol :p, just spend ur points wisely :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I'll point it out for you. There are many viable specs but up to rr5 I would really advice going in a duo or something and take a spec like this:

44 pierce
39 cs
24 cd
35 stealth
35 env

This gives you a bit of everything. Good chance to dual wield, good styles with cs, you have PA and stuff, nice weaponskill, high stealth, and the last debuff at rr3.

This is with autotraining, without autotraining you miss out on 4 points of cd, which means a 2% difference in dual wielding chance. Is that worth going through 30 levels for? I doubt it.

The things that make you win fights isn't 2% extra chance to dual wield, but:

-knowing how to use poisons
-knowing how to use snares/stuns
-knowing how to deal with adds
-fast reflexes (you're looking at 2-3-400 dmg taken until debuff is applied to your enemy if you react slow and let him hit you a few rounds first)

I calculated lots of things, tested lots of specs, all I can say is: have fun and do what you like best. Specs do not matter much... and 2% definitely doesn't.

The thing I regret most is that I didn't put +10 con in startup.. it's VERY VERY VERY important to get those extra hits.. trust me :p Qui is capped at 250.

With my spec (48 blade 50 cd) I would have liked the points from autotrain to upp blade with one point, so I can get 50 blade at rr6, but the difference is really small still.. its just cool to be able to say im 50/50 spec :D

capo

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
I must be being dense this morning, but don't understand how this works.

If I /level my NS to Lvl 30, do not spend any spec points (apart from raising Stealth to Lvl 2) and then PL said NS to Lvl 50, I can then use a single line respec stone to respec stealth to 0, in the process giving me 75 extra points?

I thought you didn't get auto-trained points back when you respecced?

/em Is confused :(

You don't get auto-trained points back (say you spec 20stealth and respec stealth at lvl50 you get 0 points back and stealth will be 12), but you get auto trained points thru it if you haven't trained in it (say you spec 2 stealth and respec stealth at lvl50, you get the points between 3+4+5+..+12 for free, which is 75points).

Can't say it works in 1.65, worked in 1.63 tho. Easy way to do this would be and do a /lvl 20, spec one step in a autotrainline and use the free 20 respec and compare what points you have left vs speccing up to the autotrain at the lvl...so for a ns, spec 2 stealth at lvl20 and use free respec, check points and compare it with speccing 4 stealth before useing respec). Hope this make sence for you =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom