NP you are the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

klavrynd

albion : classes with aoe stun: 0
midgard : classes with aoe stun 1 (healer)
hibernia classes with aoe stun : 0

albion : classes with aoe amnesia: 0
midgard : classes with aoe amnesia 0
hibernia classes with aoe amnesia : 1

albion : classes with insta aoe amnesia: 0
midgard : classes with insta aoe amnesia 0
hibernia classes with insta aoe amnesia : 1

albion : classes with insta amnesia: 0
midgard : classes with insta amnesia 0
hibernia classes with insta amnesia : 1

i was merely pointing out that midgard isnt worth the name stungar because all stuns are based on one class only a really small portion of the realm plays, whereas all pure casters get baseline stun in hibernia

O

old.Patrick-S

hehe yea but i think whats meant by midgard being stunning realm is because healers get that ewul aoe stun :)

O

old.Mitsu

Healers get aoe amnesia too. :rolleyes:

Lets compare healer stun with minstrel stun too. :>
Like comparing a nightshade and enchanter cause they both have dd's.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by klavrynd

albion : classes with aoe amnesia: 0
midgard : classes with aoe amnesia 0
hibernia classes with aoe amnesia : 1

albion : classes with insta aoe amnesia: 0
midgard : classes with insta aoe amnesia 0
hibernia classes with insta aoe amnesia : 1

albion : classes with insta amnesia: 0
midgard : classes with insta amnesia 0
hibernia classes with insta amnesia : 1

i was merely pointing out that midgard isnt worth the name stungar because all stuns are based on one class only a really small portion of the realm plays, whereas all pure casters get baseline stun in hibernia

Wow, you've really gone deep into the game. You almost know something.

S

Shike

constanze...

"i am sooo afraid of your skills i can only clap...

becouse the real skilled player need 30 friends to kill 2 enemys

seems there is a guild on this server that really understand the game.."

says the lousy inf that needed 3 tanks help to kill a lonely ranger... lmao.

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Classes that have absolutely no damage output and no defensive capability other than run away:

Albion: 0
Hibernia: 0
Midgard: 1 (healer)

Underplayed classes that are burdened with having to provide the only power regen buff of the realm, healing and crowd control wrapped up in one:

Class that gets least advantage from gaining realm ranks and realm skills: Healer.

Class that benefits least from having relics: Healer.

It's not all super fun in the midgard seer camp you know.

K

k9awya

Originally posted by Elrond/Ruffting
Classes that have absolutely no damage output and no defensive capability other than run away:

Underplayed classes that are burdened with having to provide the only power regen buff of the realm, healing and crowd control wrapped up in one:

Class that gets least advantage from gaining realm ranks and realm skills: Healer.

and 2nd best class in the game is: 1 (healer)

yessirsir sir. mr sir sir. did yuo mez my m0b ?!

E

Elrond/Ruffting

What you have stated is merely your opinion, and a skewed one at that seeing as you have probably never played a healer. What I stated was fact.

D

Dorin

You sure?

Albion: rejuv cleric,
Hibernia: bard, druid

Underplayed classes that are burdened with having to provide the only power regen buff of the realm, healing and crowd control wrapped up in one
Well all Hibernian Support chars are underplayed which are needed for : buffs, crowdcontrol, mach5, endurance song, heals, rezzes, pbt. MAYBE wardens are not that badly underplayed but still not a the flavour of the month

Hibernia: warden druid bard

No idea on that.

Also no idea.

It's not all super fun in the midgard seer camp you know. [/B][/QUOTE]

E

Elrond/Ruffting

You seem to be missing the point im trying to make, every other class in the game has the option to spec in an offensive manner, the healer does not. A cleric can choose smite, a druid can choose the pet line, a bard can choose weapon styles.

The issue with hibernian classes is not that bad seeing as a lot of the stuff that are all packed into a single midgard class are spread across or duplicated in other hibernian classes. For example your mages can stun, only healer can do that in midgard. Your mentalists and bards can regen power, only healer can do that in midgard, you have in general more classes that can mezz (eldritch bard mentalist, compared to healer and spiritmaster) You may say "well surely thats good healer gets it all" but let me assure you thats not the case. They have put all the support spells in healer lines and not given anything that could make it any fun :/

E

eben

Originally posted by Elrond/Ruffting

Insta aoe-stun and insta aoe-mezz can be used defensively you know :rolleyes:

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Read my posts please please please before making stupid comments. Insta mezzes obviously form part of what I said when I wrote "no defensive capability other than run away". Insta mezz, then run away, its the only option available.

T

tetzuo

<Insta mezz, then run away, its the only option available.>

Try another tactic:

Insta mezz, then charge me. Most healers do it with success.

O

old.willowywicca

full aug healers have offensive capabilities elrond :p

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Full aug healers do NOT have offensive capabilities. They have a damage shield and a damage add that gives their UNSTYLED combat approx 20-30 extra damage a swing. Full Aug healers will have no insta heals and no insta mezzes, they will die in every single one on one encounter just like any other spec healer. A healers weapon skill is about 400 ish which means they dont have much chance of actually hitting anyone, let alone doing any amount of damage that would make it worth their while. Celerity is a castable spell and only lasts 20 seconds, you'll never get to use it to aid yourself in rvr, best you'll get is about 15 seconds haste after you've casted it and run towards an enemy, at which point you can't use it again as its not castable in combat.

I guess i'd hit an enemy chain wearer or up for about 30-50 damage a (slow) swing, wouldn't hit leather wearers as they'd evade everything (bear in mind also that healers even when using self buffs only normally have about 100 dex) and the rare chance i'd even get close to a caster after doing my CC job and not getting nuked into the groud is minimal.

I'm sorry but anyone else who thinks healers have offensive capability please don't post, because you're incorrect.

I'm not asking to be able to solo a hero or anything, but i would at least like the ability to give a druid or a cleric a run for their money.

F

Falcon

Healers no use for relics? Thought relics improved heals now?

Healers no use for realm ranks? Be happy you have a class specific RA - rangers don't

Now I don't know a lot about Healer spec lines, but don't they get insta heals, 10dps damage sheild and stun, also chain armour, also standard Midgard use of 2h weaps? Those things are surely enough to beat most opponents in one vs one if that's what you want? Healers surely aren't ment to be offensive anyhow, they're a support class last time I checked. As for dishing out power regen, Mana mentalists get it just as bad.

As for Constanze, lol why you whining? As Klavrynd said you're a zergfil, you play the ultimate solo class and are totally incapable of soloing, stop whining and learn to play, then you wont need to wait for 3 - 4fg before you can RvR or however you so put it.

O

old.Nedowiz

Originally posted by Falcon

Now I don't know a lot about Healer spec lines, but don't they get insta heals, 10dps damage sheild and stun, also chain armour, also standard Midgard use of 2h weaps? Those things are surely enough to beat most opponents in one vs one if that's what you want?

Did I miss something. Do healers have 2.0 points/lvl or something? I think you prove the first part of the quote with the 2nd part of the quote.

S

Spinky

48 aug, 24 mend gives the above, although it's probably not the most popular of specs :eek:

E

Elrond/Ruffting

For starters, healers cannot have a 10dps damage shield AND instaheals AND insta stuns, check character builder and you will be able to see this for yourself. We only get 1.0x spec points per level.. most healers will spec to at least 36 pacification to get a decent power regen and a couple of low level instas, add this to the fact that we are expected to heal as well, it doesn't leave many points over to spec into aug. Midgard 2 handed weapons? you've gotta be nuts to use that as a healer, firstly cos u lose all the bonus from holding a shield, and secondly cos of your really low weapon skill/dex/quick you'll swing about once a century and hit even less. You should watch a healer try to solo a yellow con mob, it takes both insta heals, your insta mez to be able to back off and use normal heals and about 10 minutes of bashing the mob due to pathetic damage output.

As for being a support class well sure i agree with that, but by definition so are clerics, bards, wardens, druids, friars and shaman, they all get an offensive line to spec so why dont I?

Healers get a small bonus to their base level heals from holding power relics, well great, like i get much chance to heal in rvr, and on the rare occasions i do i use the spec line heals and instas. As for our class specific RA you have to be kidding, 14 points for a rez u can only use on someone else every 30 mins? forgive me if i don't jump for joy.

S

Spinky

I don't want to sound flippant here, but you expect to be able to rez yourself?

O

old.Nedowiz

Originally posted by Spinky
48 aug, 24 mend gives the above, although it's probably not the most popular of specs :eek:

while your at it why not spec a skald without battlesongs.

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Spinky: why not? would finally be a RA that is of benefit to the healer and make it worth those 14 points. You could have a timer for instance so you could only use it 10 mins after death or something, that would stop a whole middie force lying dead for an hour while they wait for the enemy to dissapear if thats what you are worried about.

S

Spinky

Nedowiz, my point was, it can be done.

Elrond, self resurrection sort of defeats the point of being dead.

And since when did this thread become "Healers are crap"? Because they're far fecking from it

E

Elrond/Ruffting

Well no it doens't really. It would hardly be an anytime rez would it seeing as its on a timer. That's like saying self heal realm abilities that most classes get defeat the point of dealing damage. I don't see anything wrong with a timed self rez for the class that is the only one in all the realms with the shortcomings i've previously listed.

D

darbey

Off topic i know but you got to be sh1tting me - Nicolas 5 level 50characters, Layl 4 and those are the first couple i noticed. How in the name of god did you A) have the time B) Have the patience
Especially on Hib Pryd i cant get past mid twenties as every other mid seem to be just BG alts.

T

tildson

The release of DAOC was approximately a year ago, been a while you know

And nico got steph who also plays DAOC, so go figure :)

J

j000 d000d

DAoC is our life.

Yes, I am retarded, in case you were gonna ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom