now this really isnt fair

S

SingerOfSoul

when did mythic re-include the fact that healers stun's are chainable? surely and even the healers themselves think this is overpowered?

F

Flimgoblin

erm they didn't...

if you can chaincast healer stuns then it's a bug...

it might be that insta stun, castable stun and shield stun are on different timers? not sure...

RightNow it :)

Oh and give us a better description...

K

Kobold

Originally posted by Fingoniel
erm they didn't...

if you can chaincast healer stuns then it's a bug...

it might be that insta stun, castable stun and shield stun are on different timers? not sure...

RightNow it :)

Oh and give us a better description...

Theire not. Stun is a stun, and if you are slamed first and someone cast stun on you after it will not work.

S

SingerOfSoul

i dont know the complete reasons for it but have seen it and knew it was an issue in earlier patches

edit: slam is different melee stuns are chainable but they decrease in duration until they are non effective well afaik but im not a tank ;) just the fact i can spam a few horizon blads on soul :p

K

Kobold

Hmmm I don't think it's chain stunning, prolly just feel that way becouse they cast it over again, to stun the once that resisted or get newly into the area. And what I heard the healer stun is 11sec! so maybe thats why peeps think it's chainstun....donno, never played a healer.

btw, nerf healers! :p

S

SingerOfSoul

thats 11sec ae cast stun lol

edit: nerf it to 10minute cast

K

Kobold

Yup I nearly broke my chair and kicked my comp etc when I heard it. Just imagine 11sec aoe stun combined with the runie ae spears....sigh...wish mids was more like albs :p

O

old.anubis

it is 11 seconds at 50 pac, there aro no such healers on excal (even full pac dont go further than 48)
and yes, ae stun is very nice, especially when combined with pbae dd :cool:

G

Garnet

you cant chain stun unless its a monster you are doing it to which the length it lasts reduces per cast

A

Archeon

Originally posted by SingerOfSoul
thats 11sec ae cast stun lol

edit: nerf it to 10minute cast

Kind of defys the point of having a castable spell on a timer (the only non-bolt exception i can think of is the shammy DD).

but hell, make the AE stun line a base spell/instant cast and i'l happily go along with nerfing it to a 10min timer :)

T

Tobold

well i have been stunned for 21 seconds by a healer.
11sec castable, followed by instant 10sec stun.
they stacked, although this was before the patch, don't know if its changed

H

Hit ^_^

a 23% duration nerf is what the healers need.
and make all their mezzzes in a 5min timer as cleric mezz.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
a 23% duration nerf is what the healers need.
and make all their mezzzes in a 5min timer as cleric mezz.

think b4 u post mate, healers are PRIMARY mezzers in mid, same as sorcs in alb who aren't on a timer.

L

lofff

sumhow its bugged (or at least was in 1.51) so they can chain casteable stun and insta stun...

S

SingerOfSoul

thats what i meant fixed in 1.50 fucked up again in 1.51 WD mythic lol

and arch, i was j/k m8 ;)

H

Hit ^_^

Originally posted by ab_fluid

think b4 u post mate, healers are PRIMARY mezzers in mid, same as sorcs in alb who aren't on a timer.

ye but sorcs are made of paper and dont have instant heals and stuff to keep then selfs alive.

O

old.Odysseus

What Hit said;
chain armor, insta aoe mezz, insta aoe stun.
I would take a healer over a sorc as primary CC any day.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.Odysseus

What Hit said;
chain armor, insta aoe mezz, insta aoe stun.
I would take a healer over a sorc as primary CC any day.

Sure you would, so would I, but again its PRIMARY mezzers, just different design, thats like saying i'd take a mincer over a skald so nerf skalds mezz or stealth or make it fight with a wooden stick. (Although in my experience being hit by people with sticks hurts a lot =()

Edit: the post i was replying to was chain casting mezzes not insta mez or insta stun as they r on a timer already so... Btw i fully agree that sorcs should get insta mezzes like a bard.

A

Archeon

Originally posted by SingerOfSoul
and arch, i was j/k m8 ;)

Bah, and i was just about to forward this post to Mythic demanding they make the AE insta stun a healer baseline spell that lasted for 1min and had a 2.5sec timer...

oh well :)

I

inuyasha

hmm

No matter if its 11 sec or 10 sec.....that instant area stun bs should be removed imoh :0|
In an equal fight between hibs and mids....the mids don't get hit..sigh

B

belth

Originally posted by old.anubis
it is 11 seconds at 50 pac, there aro no such healers on excal (even full pac dont go further than 48)
and yes, ae stun is very nice, especially when combined with pbae dd :cool:

Except for the baseline 11 sec stun, at 1500 range. It's great that a clerics baseline stun is 9 secs at 1000 range at best...

A

Archeon

Originally posted by belth

Except for the baseline 11 sec stun, at 1500 range. It's great that a clerics baseline stun is 9 secs at 1000 range at best...

mmm... its also great that clerics can smite, where as healers can cast.... umm.... i'm sorry do we have offensive spell casting ability? ;)

K

Kobold

Well imo all classes in all realms is pretty good balanced. But when a class in just ONE of the realms get AREA stun and allso INSTANT AREA stun somthing must have gone very vrong in the head on the person who made the healer.

Seriously think of it...... AREA STUN 11 fucking sec....INSTANT AREA STUN!! :rolleyes:

I can't just see any logic in this as long as the other realms don't have it. But it owuld be better to remove it totaly.....anything in a mmorpg with an area effect that stun (make all the targets not moving for 11 sec evern when they are hit on) all peeps in the radius is just plain stupid and owerpowered.

Ah got it out now how much I freakin hate fighting against you feckin mids, I'm glad the biggest zergs is the outgimped albs instead hehe :m00:

S

SingerOfSoul

i really do agree on giving sorc's insta aoe "ranged" mezz not the pbaoe shit that clerics have. also clerics have smite LOL my god 219dmg on me (lvl 50 bard) but thats with 15% energy and spirit resist lol

W

Whoodoo_RD

Boo hoo is all i here here! STFU babies!

Yes healers do get a good stun, so what, they have no offensive spells, so what else can they do? As for spamming it, yeah....and?

With each cast its duration is reduced eventually to zero (about 4 casts), most of us have a 9 sec duration, and the chances of us being in a group with a runie aint all that.

Healer is a grp / defensive class, the way you girls are talking why not ban all casters and just all be tanks? We all get annoyed at being mezzed, its part of the game, you should be used to it by now, and healers aint the only ones with stun are they :p

As for you alb whingers, well why cant we nerf the sheer number of players you got, and make all 3 realms even? Ahh, cause youd whinge about that too.

Hibs, you got the magic relics, if youre here whining, its cause you aint any good playing your caster, move realm!

note: sorry, having a bad day!

I

inuyasha

eh!

well you dewd..

You have no need to be in a group with a damn runie to kill a stunned group! Have you not seen how extremly easy 1 group that is not stunned can kill a group that is? I mean lol..... The mage relic is nice, but i would gladly sacrifice it if our bards got a instant 11 sec area stun from 50music :p

That stun needs to be nerfed NOW!!!!!!

My 2000034995 pennies :p

Point Points. 37 enchanter

I don't give blood, BITCH!

B

belth

Originally posted by Archeon

mmm... its also great that clerics can smite, where as healers can cast.... umm.... i'm sorry do we have offensive spell casting ability? ;)

Stun is pretty much a clerics only CC, you got tons of it :rolleyes: Spec 44 aug, 11 mend and 29 pac - swing that two-handed hammer with twice the speed, including a 9 DPS damage-add and a 9 dps self-damage-shield - don't forget a 25% attack speed debuff which is insta. And nearly cap on stats from buffs. Did I mention you get a 8 second insta-stun for casting a 70 sec mez when things start looking bad, so you can heal yourself fully and recast celerity, cure poison/disease etc... You don't need styles to kill a single person with those. You only miss out on insta-aoe's. Aug healer's looking good actually even though they don't have insta-heals or those overpowered insta-aoe-cc's.

A

Archeon

Stun is pretty much a clerics only CC, you got tons of it :rolleyes: Spec 44 aug, 11 mend and 29 pac - swing that two-handed hammer with twice the speed, including a 9 DPS damage-add and a 9 dps self-damage-shield - don't forget a 25% attack speed debuff which is insta. And nearly cap on stats from buffs. Did I mention you get a 8 second insta-stun for casting a 70 sec mez when things start looking bad, so you can heal yourself fully and recast celerity, cure poison/disease etc... You don't need styles to kill a single person with those. You only miss out on insta-aoe's. Aug healer's looking good actually even though they don't have insta-heals or those overpowered insta-aoe-cc's.

lol, plz tell me i'm not the only one getting a sevear sense of deja vu :)

FYI - you missed out resist buffs :p

It seems to have escaped everyones attention that to get the 11sec AE insta you need to get your pac through the roof. i can't be bothered to check but i think its 50...

Now, add in the fact that healers are regarded as a caster class when it comes to spec points, so we get

1 point at lvl 1
2 points at lvl 2
3 points at lvl 3
<blah, blah, blah>
50 points at lvl 50

and our mini-dings arn't up to much either, i know a majority of healers do spec high enough for the AE insta's (either the high 30, or high 40 set) but i know very few healers that then go the rest of the way and get the 11sec.

All this really is, is a whine post to put it bluntly. somebodys gotten a little annoyed because their realm doesn't have a certain ability...

you know, like casters having a self power regain...

or healer classes not only being able to spec in weaponary and parry but also to have a PBT and use bows and shit...

or even casters having an ST baseline stun...

i mean hell, its soooo terrible that of all the classes availbile the one that can't even spec in a weapon or a line that does direct damage and is given a spell that other realms don't have...

you know, like a power drain.. (admittadly thats going to come in SI but its a good example)

or turret pets...

Hell, we should just scrap the whole concept of this being a three realms game. just make it one realm/one class, then again you just know some people are still going to find ways to complain.

"I got owned when i charged the portal keep, NERF <X> REALM!!"

"Sombody else got their insta off before mine, NERF THEM!!!"

"Its so unfair that i don't have an insta AE stun, NERF HEALERS!!"

Pfft, i'd go on but it really does annoy me that people complain about things like this. think about the class as a whole before you start complaining about a specific thing, and preferably if you do have a complaint send it via 'rightnow' don't post it on the BW forums when its so blatently obvious its going to start an arguement.

Note - Not sorry for posting this, and having a very nice day thank-you very much ;)

B

belth

Originally posted by Archeon
Note - Not sorry for posting this, and having a very nice day thank-you very much ;)

No you aren't having a nice day, you miss your Warrior from Mir :p I KNOW IT!

Nice end-rant btw ;) I was just pointing out that a Healer doesn't necessarily have to be the cc-slave they apparently are. On every server. They can be a lean mean killing machine... Atleast 1v1.

A

Archeon

No you aren't having a nice day, you miss your Warrior from Mir :p I KNOW IT!

lol,

and yeah, it was a rant but i'm sick to death of

"Its Not Fair, I Got Killed By <Insert Class>" bitchings and equally bitching replys.

i personally think that a Minstrels abilitys are too powerful, but at the same time i look a the whole picture. They have to use different instruments (that occupy the same slot)

I might not agree with them being able to tame any mob that doesn't resist, i might not agree with stealth but the drawbacks do seem to make up for it.

i just hate it when people write meaninglyess posts and equally meaningless responses focussing on one aspect of a character.

YES! healers are with little doubt the single best croud control character in the game, the only CC spell we lack is an AE root.

but you have to heavily commit yourself to pacification to get the spells these idiots are talking about, which means that they lack in other abilitys

Idiot: They can still get insta heals with 50 pac
Archeon: No shit, but a 25% insta heal with a big varience due to mend lvl is hardly the uber life saver it first appears when you take into account that most people usually have more than one person whacking them
Idiot: ermm.... ermm.... Well I'm Banging Your Mum So :p
<Archeon Sighs In Defeat>

It annoys me no end that bull shit like

"Class X Is Too Powerful"
"Albi Zerg"
"Hibbi Zerg"
"Middi Zerg"
"To Alpha: You Owned Me" (like anyone seriously cares who it was that killed you)

get such a huge responce in comparision to good posts (Re: The One Realm Alliance, Dragon Raid, Etc)

they should put an auto-lock on the forums so any posts with the words

"Zerg"
"Nerf"
"STFU"
"Alpha"

And others

To Alpha: Sorry for using you as an example, but i see so many people bragging they were chain killed by you (i never got that, is it some kind of privilage to be killed by Alpha? or maybe you get some frequent dier miles, how many do you need for the trip to the carrabian?)

Oh well, Rant No. 2 is finished now.

Users who are viewing this thread