not to start a flame war but...

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Whatever happened to IanC after his comments on certain boards?

He suddenly went very quiet. I do hope he's alright and not been given a "window seat" type job.

Obviously it wasnt a wise thing to say, but after so much stress and long nights i can understand it happening. Just remember when you press that send key just take an objective look at what you have writen.

< i personaly did a similar thing to a production company many moons ago that could've been catastrophic. Luckily the producer who caught the brunt of my wrath (which was meant to be an internal post rather than a reply...doh) saw the funny side and i was let off> Ever since that day ive been uber careful in whatever i write.

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Sence he is a GoA what in earth think the company would make a statement about it for the comunity?

Also that he screwedup the spelling and being an ass, should not be OK...that is the diffrence between a good salesman etc and not being one "keeping the cool"

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Sence he is a GoA what in earth think the company would make a statement about it for the comunity?

Also that he screwedup the spelling and being an ass, should not be OK...that is the diffrence between a good salesman etc and not being one "keeping the cool"

Urm.... what :s

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
dont know, but looks like foot and mouth is spreading......

The most condescending line ever? - Page 5 - Warhammer Forums

Missy_EAMythic
Developer VIP

I just wanted to hop in here and clear up a misconception and also offer my apologies. I was the one who wrote the announcement yesterday about this, not James. James was a sweetheart and posted it for me because I had to run, and our policy is whoever posts it, signs it. So if you were insulted by it, please blame me and not him.

Secondly, I am not one for making excuses, but I did want to clarify. I knew I had to post some news that would be taken badly, and I was trying to make it lighthearted and funny. Everyone here at the studio has been working around the clock, and we joke all of the time about that bright thing in the sky that we never get to see. I never, ever intended to insult our community or make you feel like we were being disrespectful of the situation. Those who know me know that I love and respect every single one of you (yes, even the trolls :p), and I understand how frustrating this situation is. I never meant to rub salt to the wound. I'm really very sorry, everyone.

:m00:

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Phant :)
How have you been matey?

Where did you roll?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i rolled destruction on Karak eight peaks, although i have decided to rename the server Karak eight hours as the queues are bigger than a free night with cameron diaz and a vacum cleaner

:m00:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Erm........ooooookkkkaayyyy, good luck with that ...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever happened to IanC after his comments on certain boards?

He suddenly went very quiet. I do hope he's alright and not been given a "window seat" type job.

Obviously it wasnt a wise thing to say, but after so much stress and long nights i can understand it happening. Just remember when you press that send key just take an objective look at what you have writen.

< i personaly did a similar thing to a production company many moons ago that could've been catastrophic. Luckily the producer who caught the brunt of my wrath (which was meant to be an internal post rather than a reply...doh) saw the funny side and i was let off> Ever since that day ive been uber careful in whatever i write.

I'm guessing he's keeping his head down for the time being or has been instructed to avoid the forums for a while.

If he has been gagged then it's bullcrap, all he did was stand up for himself after sustaining a torrent of abuse which was without question directed at him as much as it was GOA or Mythic.

Do we want spineless CSR's? Or CSR's who won't simply take the kind of crap he was subjected too? Anyone actually read what was posted? It was terrible.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I'm guessing he's keeping his head down for the time being or has been instructed to avoid the forums for a while.

If he has been gagged then it's bullcrap, all he did was stand up for himself after sustaining a torrent of abuse which was without question directed at him as much as it was GOA or Mythic.

Do we want spineless CSR's? Or CSR's who won't simply take the kind of crap he was subjected too? Anyone actually read what was posted? It was terrible.

:iagree:

i respect iainc for what he said after a week of what must have been hell and not much sleep at the goa office. it wasn`t very diplomatic what he has said but he made a damn good point.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
80% of the FH browsers are morons tho, so I guess the people who complained fitted into that category.

;):p

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Well unfortunately as customer support, part of your job is to deal with angry customers. Without accusing them of being sociopaths (even if some of them are!), as you are a representative of the company. I suspect a slap on the wrist and told to take a breather. However practically any other industry if a customer support rep did the same, they would get a formal warning (in the US they would most likely lose their job, in the EU you cant just fire someone) and probably retasked to a non-customer facing role. -edit- not that I am saying he was unjustified, its just you cant *do* that. And bosses dont want to hear excuses.

rynnor

Rockhound
worryingly FH was a beacon of sanity on the day in question...

Due to heavy Modstick floggings :p

The FH CoC is sacrosanct!!!

Sorry - just on a high after finally entering my CE code correctly - its almost a mini-game in its own right :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Between FH and GOA so much CoC, should we spit or swallow ;)

Elements of the community behaved shamefully on OB day 1 and I suspect many people said things they regret on all sides. I notice the snide remarks continue from the smaller minded keyboard heroes.

I remain unimpressed with Mark Jacobs for displaying weakness of character in his blog instead of keeping certain aspects of their follow-up in house but even this can be forgiven due to the immense pressure placed on various shoulders.

I hope despite being briefly afflicted with Foot-In-Mouth disease that IainC returns to these forums and the community of which he has been part longer than many of the people that have been badmouthing him.

Hec, we've all made verbal (or written) cockups. I've got a few crackers in my history.

Let it lie.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Any link to the original forumthread/post btw?

Letter from IainC on Open Beta Situation - Warhammer Forums

there you go.

A lot of what was said yesterday here and on other forums was entirely out of line. Of course you were disappointed and criticism is certainly warranted but frankly many of the posts made about the situation were borderline sociopathic. If having delayed access to a beta test really drives you to such depths of anger and fury that you felt compelled to make the death threats, racial slurs and other deeply unpleasant posts then - and there is no polite way to put this - there is something wrong with you.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Elements of the community behaved shamefully on OB day 1 and I suspect many people said things they regret on all sides. I notice the snide remarks continue from the smaller minded keyboard heroes.

I remain unimpressed with Mark Jacobs for displaying weakness of character in his blog instead of keeping certain aspects of their follow-up in house but even this can be forgiven due to the immense pressure placed on various shoulders.

I hope despite being briefly afflicted with Foot-In-Mouth disease that IainC returns to these forums and the community of which he has been part longer than many of the people that have been badmouthing him.

Hec, we've all made verbal (or written) cockups. I've got a few crackers in my history.

Let it lie.

:iagree:, that`s the attitude.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I find all the other spin and condescending rhetoric IainC have posted to be much worse then that blunder of a statement, to be frank and would rather have that to be the focus of his "abilities".
Even if he did stick his foot in his mouth in his first "draft" of the statement, lumping many of the complainers into the same category as the actual target.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Wow, i thought everyone knew about this little storm in a tea cup.

Yeah i agree totally about mark airing his dirty linen in public, v poor show doing something like that on a blog. I expect Iain got a proper chewing (or missy if that post was to be believed).

Still, all things said and done, open beta was a fail, but good recovery for early start and opening day. Im still on the fence now about GOA (whereas i vehimently hated them pre-launch after my experience with daoc).

Edit: @xandax - yeah thats what i wouldve thought...all the shinanegans about dueling, listening to the players, and stepping in over the release of keeps to keep rvr going should be his bookmark...not this.

@ Aiteal
I rolled with a few peeps i work with on borlok (not my choice to go to an RP server), im on destruction side.

<blackriver raiders>
maoix shaman
mix DoK

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
worryingly FH was a beacon of sanity on the day in question...

We like to think of ourselves as more evolutionally and socially developed than the WHA trolls. While they still fling faeces at each other and hop around in cages, we sit in our leather armchairs in the study sipping brandy, reading The Times <tm> and discussing the current financial climate and it's effect on the price of tea.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jolly ho! Earl Grey with one's scones please!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I heard he's back as English DAoC Community Manager, managing all the tumbleweed.

:lol:

:cheers:

:flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom