Not bad multiplayer game,,to pass the time

S

SilverHood

i seem to recall playing this game around 2000/2001, quite a while back

think the game was run by italian crooks, who could make GOA look like the winner of the scout camps brownie point competition

A

astriix

lol wateva, stil a good game, not much fking else to do right now
:(

A

astriix

lol, owel was jus trying to help you pore people out there.. :( sorry for trying!!?? :p

B

brite

it is the languedge of mir, which i shall not utter in these parts but in the common tongue it says, KEEP AWAY

you dont like the level grind here? mir will have to wanting to die

D

dracus

LOL....i remember the lvl grind in LOM...L31 warrior was all i got...cud've made 2xL50 in daoc in that time ;p

/Dracus

A

astriix

hum, yes i remember now.. some time since i played it..yes..

ok not reccomended! :D but still.. it has some v neat things like Mining for gold,,and the chance of finding some kule items on the way,, and ofcourse getting eaten by zombies while you got ya back turned! :) ..was quite a laugh at times.... zuma temple roxed,, but yea,,shame bout the PK rate.. low lvls had no chance.. they might of fixed that by now,, you think? ..naaaaa

They are korean after all....they just didn't seem to have respect to fellow english peeps..

B

brite

or theres going in the mid level area and owning the place stealing every item that drops with tele ring and dragon slayer

M

Mr_Omen

do what i did :) get the mir server files and host ur own server :D that way you dont get any whining kids,hackers or people pking newbies all the time

O

offalthwaite

Man, seen enough geeks going on about LOM on that shite excuse for TV, the Game Network, on Sky!

B

brite

Originally posted by Mr_Omen
do what i did :) get the mir server files and host ur own server :D that way you dont get any whining kids,hackers or people pking newbies all the time

private servers = corrupt GMs and they get hacked easily

S

Solarius

There's been a few changes since back then (played a few lowbies on my unpaid account - free to level 7, but not alot of ppl know, if you don't log or die, you can keep going. Got a tao to 14th before getting bored again) Mostly item upgrades, some of the 26th lvl weapons in shops (Magestaff, Serpentsword. Strangly not the G-Axe) as well as some other items, but since the levelling hasn't improved much, still a bit of a bore. Mining is still a fair way to make cash, but there's something else new, chestnuts. Around BW (Bichon Wall) you can find 'Chestnut Trees' that when attacked drop Brown, Bronze, Silver or Gold chestnuts. Brown sell for 500g, Bronze for 1000g, Silver for 2500g and Gold for 5000g. Money is soooo easy to come by, at 14th lvl my tao had 300k lol.

They have implemented a 'decent time' delay for drops, to reduce dropstealing a bit, but since a high levelled character can easily pk the player who the drop belongs to, it's easy to get around.

Player base hasn't changed much, on Dragon I got a warrior to 5th before getting pked by a med armour wearing player who 'woz boord, and its fun', and on phoenix I was taking my newly created Tao out to kill dears and when attacing my very first target, a batman comes and 2 shots me :sleeping: When I started my usual tirade of 'wow you're so tough, can I join your fan club' and 'what makes you brave enough to kill us uber dangerous newbies?' he said he 'hadent expected me to die so easily' :rolleyes:

Summary - good for a laugh, maybe even an evening, but don't expect much.

S

Speedr

OMG.. tht game sux tbh :(

Played it from it's Beta stage for about 1&half years.. got bored of PK'ers, cheaters and general assh*les on both servers.. even though Phoenix was more relaxed than Dragon { compare Phoenix to Prydwen here } :)

Most rewarding thing about that game was i solo'd just about EVERY high lvl boss with my wizard lol { loved GM events btw } ;)

It aint teh sux totally.. was just run by a bunch of idiots in Italy who screwed us all over and is just recovering atm.

U guys who palyed.. who were u anyways ?? wht char/server :)

My noob wiz was in Death Row on dragon called Garuda lvl 27,
and i had a warrior on Phoenix called Rikimaru lvl 32 <[ one for the Japanese names :p ]>

Users who are viewing this thread