Norty, norty

W

Wilier

Which IRC client is best for busting through corparate firewall proxy thingies. Laz told me one, but I forgot to make a note. :rolleyes:

T

Testin da Cable

if browsing the web is allowed, you might consider a web-based client. iow a java applet on the web somwhere that acts as an irc proggy. I allowed friends to use an irc-cgi gateway on my webby for that very purpose. beats having to install software and all that :)

J

jis

CGI:IRC seems to get through our one at work. This is the one laz uses as well.

W

Wilier

K, got that, now how the hell do I install it?

T

Testin da Cable

aha, that's the trick. iirc it has to run on someone's webserver and you connect to it with your regular browser. what you see is a form [or something like it] that gets updated in a constant data stream. it looks very much like your average irc client and can do just about everything your average client can.

S

Shocko

How is your work's firewall setup? You might be ablet to get onto quakenet through b0rk's more unusual ports...

W

Wilier

i have no idea how its set up, Yahoo IM works through it though.

J

jis

The work machines use the RM filter to block out offensive words and all other shit they dont want you to see. CGI:IRC is just a cgi script and is able to connect no problem. There is no blocking of cgi at my work as far as I know.

A good cgi:irc site is this one

http://www.fenlanarena.co.uk/cgi-bin/irc.cgi

the only one i can get working that isnt blocked in some way :/

S

Summo

sailor.jpg

P

PR.

That is your name :eek:

Summo is the same as calling Testin da Cable, TdC

A leopard can't change his spots, or something

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Summo
:(

What's with the year-old name?

:(

post more pics like that and I'll prolly call you other things as well :)

M

Mellow-

Those sailors are grinning about something. Lets hope I never know.

T

Testin da Cable

I dunno really...never met any sailors. Now young Summo talks about them all the time though ;)

P

PR.

hey, I was happy with my PR

But them facist forum moderators forced me against my will to adopt a name that consisted of at least three letters :(

So PR. it was. OK xane :eek:

O

old.Fweddy

My name is suffering from the ravages of time :( .

Users who are viewing this thread