Norton 2003

T

Teh Krypt

Look its me again!

Ok.. theres a worm my dad had, I went to norton's site, used the correct tool and removed it, virus scanned, all was well.

Started up email, 200 emails, 80% had this worm and were thus deleted, how do I make it delete things auto? atm it comes up saying its deleted the virus and wants you to press OK. (and with so many this is DAM annoying)

Oh and... isnt email scanner supposed to delete the incoming mail before it gets to your pc? Atm its deleteing the worm from some temp folder... and never comes up with "This emailk has a virus" just, Norton Av has detected and removed a virus from your computer...

thanks! :)

D

Deadmanwalking

No... when you get an e-mail what it will do is stuff it all in a temp folder when u open it, if it has a virus its deleted from there.

As it does happen that what it considers to be a virus is infact not and so you can choose to keep it.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
No... when you get an e-mail what it will do is stuff it all in a temp folder when u open it, if it has a virus its deleted from there.

As it does happen that what it considers to be a virus is infact not and so you can choose to keep it.

So theres no way to stop it coming up with those dam annoying messages? When you get 200 email a day and 70% are infected.. dam its hard work on my finger clicking :p

H

Hargh

There should be a setting within Norton that you can change what u want it to do with infected things. Quarantine, delete, leave alone etc. Have a look for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom