Norseman > Kobold

burg

Fledgling Freddie
I've heard that Norseman SB > Kobold SB. Is that so? Suckili duck then! 'Cause those kobbies are sooo cute! :)

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
Norseman is better :)
Noo.. Kobbies are so cute. 20 less str/con do really do such a big difference? Doesn't the dex/qui make up for it?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
burg said:
Noo.. Kobbies are so cute. 20 less str/con do really do such a big difference? Doesn't the dex/qui make up for it?

Does when your weapons are str based and not dex based ... norse can cap dex anyhow so no advantage really

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
Does when your weapons are str based and not dex based ... norse can cap dex anyhow so no advantage really
Givf race respec stone11! :(

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Dex has absolutely no impact on a SB tho, STR for damage, CON for hp and QUI for swingspeed and Evade.

Dex is important for Parry and Block, SBs have neither.

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
evade is based on dex (checked catacombs to make sure) + read a thread on tl bout how much dex actually effects evade

Quoted from catacombs:
The percentage of avoiding shots is approximately 5% per level of the evade skill, although there are variables including your dex and the attacker's level in relation to yours

emma

Loyal Freddie
Catacombs are always wrong ;p

Tested it myself along with the SB TL and several others on Pendragon.

Quickness is the only stat that improved evade rates. Dex did bugger all.

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
How are valks as SB? Sure they get some piety but mucho qui and reasonable str / con

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
aye that was the tl report i was referring too
sure sometime after though they sed they were going to fix it so dex effects evade or smth like that
(+ i know catacombs is wrong for lot of things but think they just used wot was stated by mythic or wotever)

also remember someone saying that the sb's/infs (slash specced) that sed they were changing thier sc to get rid of dex since it does nothing for them were idiots cos soon as mythic got all the reports and checked it themselves they'd fix it

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
On Shadowblade;
  • Str = Weapon damage, weapon skill, encumberance.
  • Con = Hits.
  • Dex = Evade.
  • Qui = Evade.

So yes, Norseman is far the better choice. Another major difference is psychological. I always attack Kobolds if I have the choice between Kobolds and Norsemen, because of that less con. There's no reason not to go Norse.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
id go kobold.
cause norsemen r so fucking ugly!
kobolds look wicked!!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
burg said:
I've heard that Norseman SB > Kobold SB. Is that so? Suckili duck then! 'Cause those kobbies are sooo cute! :)
well let's look at this problem a little better:

norseman == length є (1.70,1.90) m
kobold == length є (0.90,1.10) m

(1.70,1.90) / (0.90,1.10) = (1.55,2.11) > 1

so clearly, norseman > kobold

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Mine is kobold but I like tall norsewoman.
But serious u give up easy 100 WS and 10 % damage compared, is just as sily as making a troll shammy :cheers:
Aug str 3 on my sb 309 str total buffed think norse gets close to 350 ?

Mikal

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:

norse starts with 20 str more, not 40, I think my SB got 320 str fully buffed, but she doesn't have aug str though

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
If sb had dex based waepon to choose then kobbies for teh w1n! but we dont so....

Although through experience kobolds evade so much against norse sb its funny :D Ive won countless duels against norse sb, and troll savs ;)

I think if your kobbie sb u need the right spec so that u can use ur evade rate to ur advantage. Other than that Norse are best all round.

My 2 cents.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:
If sb had dex based waepon to choose then kobbies for teh w1n! but we dont so....

Although through experience kobolds evade so much against norse sb its funny :D Ive won countless duels against norse sb, and troll savs ;)

I think if your kobbie sb u need the right spec so that u can use ur evade rate to ur advantage. Other than that Norse are best all round.

My 2 cents.

Dodger 1 would prob make up for all the bonus kobie possible could have over norse where as kobie augstr3 + augcon 2.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Zapsi said:
Dodger 1 would prob make up for all the bonus kobie possible could have over norse where as kobie augstr3 + augcon 2.

but it wouldnt make up for the fact that norse are alb lookalikes! :p

kobbies > norsies!!!

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
Karmatika said:
How are valks as SB? Sure they get some piety but mucho qui and reasonable str / con
I have one and i can only say i like it... Her name is baboon babe, so as u can imagine im getting quite a few... DAMN ure ugly and wheres ure red butt.
Well nm i just PA'em :p

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Zapsi said:
Mine is kobold but I like tall norsewoman.
But serious u give up easy 100 WS and 10 % damage compared, is just as sily as making a troll shammy :cheers:

Norse +15str at start +MoA3 pink buffs = 345str on my sb, so very close to what you said Zap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom