Nooby Runemaster Question

Valencio

Fledgling Freddie
Never played a caster before and after possibly mucking around on free shard servers :eek: is that legal?

Basically, want to know what dmg type each spell line the RM spell lines are, e.g. is RC fire?

And which debuffs go with which, like the 3 debuffs in RC line for 50% - which goes with which and
when to use?

Hendo

- English -

Resident Freddy
not sure if debuffs are worth it on RM..most go 47 dark for last DD, im quite sure it dumps out more damage over time than if you have to debuff ( dont quote me )

rest of points usually go into supp for blue nearsight

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
RC spells are Energy
Darkness spells are Cold.

There is a nuke in the darkness spec line that does damage and debuff 10% cold, think RMs use that followed by the spec 219 D nuke. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Dunno if specing high rc for cold debuff and then using the base cold dd is such a great idea o_O

(PS. Freeshard is perfectly legal afaik)

Glenmorangie

Fledgling Freddie
I find RC to be the more fun spec in RVR, and bolts as well as RC spec AE as base single DD are Energy as previously posted. Darkness is definetly a nice spec, but id prefer a dark SM over a Dark Runie.

Bolts and a good AE are great, plus in a Fg with a dark SM you can debuff for him.

Spec is 48 RC, 11 Supp, rest darkness. Especially in keepfights and bigger fights, this is, in my opinion, the way to go. Ofcourse Arumos has proven that a dark RM is just as viable, but in the end, any decent spec with a decent player will be doable.

PenrithRM

Fledgling Freddie
Darkness

Cold DD, Cold DD + 10% Cold Debuff, Cold AOE + 10% Cold Debuff and Best Damage Add in Realm.

47 Darkness/26 Supression/5 Runecarving: Gives you the best Direct-damage (DD) spell and the 10-second bladeturn. The master nuker, with groupability from the pulsing bladeturn.

50 Darkness/20 suppression/* Runecarving: Gives you the top darkness AE spell, the top DD spell and the group (not pulsing) bladeturn. Uber nuker, with a little bit of groupability.

Suppression

Energy DD + 35% Snare, Energy AOE + 35% Snare, Nearsight, Confuse and Pulsing Bladeturn.

50 Supression/20 darkness or Runecarving: Gives you the 6-second bladeturn, the top suppression DD/snare spell, and reasonable damage on the base spells of whichever line is secondary. Much desired in groups, but not the top damage dealer. (My Spec)

Runecarving

2 Energy Bolts, Energy DD (Baseline), Energy AOE, Energy GTAOE and Cold/Heat/Matter Debuffs.

47 Runecarving/26 Supression/5 Darkness: Gives you the top end bolt, the top Area Effect (AE) and the 10-second pulsing bladeturn. Probably the most common template. The master of AEs and bolts.

48 Runecarving/22 Darkness/11 Suppression: Gives you all spells in RC including 50% Cold Debuff for your level 50 Baseline Darkness Nuke. 22 Darkness for less variance in Baseline Nuke and 11 Suppression for first Nearsight.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Here u got all info about RM spells:
http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder2.cfm?Runemaster

Dark spec is the better one for RvR group. Best damage of em all.
The debuff nuke in dark spec is not worth using. Anyway in rvr.
Damage dropped alot in my tests.

RC is better for keep/tower defence etc.
Matter debuff is for WL, Cold debuff is for dark SM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom