Noob Theurgist seeks advice :)

R

Rulke-RM

Any spec advice for a theurg would be welcome, I was thinking 39 Air 35 Earth, any comments on this?

P.S if you see Rolke the theurgist running about give him any spare change you have :p

R

Rulke-RM

Don't hijack my thread you evil panda you :/

O

old.mattshanes

With the new theurg love coming 48 earth 24 ice seems a good rvr spec, 6s pbt, aoe root and lv48 pets lasting 60s 2000 range would be good.Also 45 air 26/28 earth 14(?) ice is a lovely spec since the last air dd hits real hard and fast and you also have 10s pbt+aoe root+attack speed debuff still.I will be probably going the top spec i mentioned due to being a very good support caster having aoe root and good interupting should be good aswell as 6s pbt.I think the spec you mentioned is odd oO giving up the last air dd is not wise:D

X

xplo

41 ice 35 earth is a nice 1.64 spec where pets get better or you could go 46(?) air and 26 earth.

R

Rulke-RM

Hmm well thanks guys but a couple of points I should have mentioned ..

I'm not to fussed about PBT really, it's pretty much useless vs /assist. And I'm not to bothered about nukes, because in this world of resists and 2000 HP tanks, nukes aint that important.
I also forgot there was new higher level pets in the earth line next patch and the air and earth pets are what make the theurg so good imo. So bearing all this in mind, how about:

40Earth, 2nd last earth pet and 2nd PBT
32Air, last pet
16Ice - whats leftover.

Something I noticed with shaman is that AE root is overrated. When you take into account its starting dur is already low because its AE, then add the drop-off effect; the final duration isnt much. When I was playing shaman and there was 2-3 on a healer I got into the habit of ST rooting them all because basically the duration was nearly double.

To sum up: I'm not to fussed about ae root either :p

A

Asha

rulke, msg me tomorrow or whenever in game for some cash and stuff :)

and find a good guild ><

:p

F

-frostor-

think i have some theurg items left ill see what i can get

S

sh33py

Either go for the last air DD and rest earth/ice or spec high earth and get the last pet etc.

Wouldn't advise splitting spec too much, I'm not sure how great the new earth pets will be but tbh they'd have to be pretty uber to beat the stunning power of air pets, afaik they last 60 seconds but have very little health.

/shrug, I love my air spec (45a/26e/14i), AoE mez > root, don't really care about pbt but 10s is good enough imo for RvR, stun gosu pets to piss off healers/casters and a ~500 damage dd.

High resist's can suck but it usually lands for ~300+crits and buffed it casts very fast, pet healers + assist nuke spam 4tehwin :)

D

Deskiziado

Most common spec are 41 ice / 35 earth, good aoe root, low dmg nukes, decent earth pets (good ice pets in next patche), pbt 8 secs (useless in rvr) or 46 wind / 26 earth with crap aoe mezz, good nukes, stunning pets (but very short timelife) and crap pbt 10 secs

My spec atm is 46 wind / 25 ice / 10 earth with ice pets to interupt the blue bubble, but no pbt for PvE :)

D

dimerian

Selling theurg epic without gloves or was it without boots ;)

E

elewyth

tbh you might aswell hit 25 with ice for the last ice pet..atleast it can nuke for decent dmg... other than that personally if i came back in 1.64 id go ICE/AIR..awesome RvR combo tbh...stunning nuking aoe rooting..nice..mmmmm *drools*

S

sh33py

There's no point making nuking ice pets when you have a far better damage/quicker and mana efficient air nuke tbh :)

imo if you plan to group in RvR you need at least the 10s pbt even if it's not amazing groups expect a theurg to have a pbt. I don't really see the point in skipping that for a lowbie nuking ice pet and a slightly longer root when you have a far superior air pet, Stun > *.

R

Rulke-RM

Thanks for all the replies peeps, and Happy New Year :cheers:

Ice spec isn't something I want really, the AE root as I said isn't really worth using unless you have the 2nd last or better. The pet's seem to be the least useful of the three imo.

In my view, and the way I intend to play my Theurg in groups, is as interupter. Look at it this way:

Mid groups are overpowered for one reason only (imo), that they can have 3-4 healers. No matter which healer you go for 1st the other 3 will keep him alive or at least PR him. The ideal solution is to take them out of the fight without killing them, and theurg pets are the best tool albion has for this, and Air pets (chain stun) and Earth pets (longer duration) are the best 2 of the 3.

I played a darkcarver for a long time and I'm not bothered about nukes anymore. No non-debuffing caster can come close to a Darkcarver's sheer damage potential anyway. Theurg's should be too busy with other things to nuke anyway, casters just aren't damage dealers any more :(

40 Earth for the 2nd Last pet is a must imo, which leaves me the choice of 32 air or 35 for 2nd last DD.

D

Deskiziado

Originally posted by sh33py
There's no point making nuking ice pets when you have a far better damage/quicker and mana efficient air nuke tbh :)

imo if you plan to group in RvR you need at least the 10s pbt even if it's not amazing groups expect a theurg to have a pbt. I don't really see the point in skipping that for a lowbie nuking ice pet and a slightly longer root when you have a far superior air pet, Stun > *.

Ice pet nukes sucks atm, but are 25 secs nuking (and interrup casting) for only 12% base power (about 6%-8% total power i think) i spend all may pow bar nuking for 15 secs, but you can't kill hibs nuking with spirit damage, cos uber spirit resist (warden have spirit resist in same path than pbt) and BAoD (i hate nuking for 14(-450). I deal more damage to hibs using the DD (cold) in a staff dropped in DF than nuking. Remember that pet die if goes into bubble, so its better nuking pets sometimes. And 10 secs pbt against /assist, savages (4 hits most the time, 95% of their RPs are with a bug exploit), archers (penetrating arrow), assassins (the blow penetrated the magical barrier) or pbaoe really is a waste of power.

S

sh33py

Originally posted by Rulke-RM
Theurg's should be too busy with other things to nuke anyway, casters just aren't damage dealers any more :(

Kinda but you have to remember that petting all the time is a serious mana drain, 12% per pet, unless you have a load of mana pots you'll be OOM a lot :p

I don't think it's all that necessary either, 1-2 pets on each healer is plenty.

Can't say I ever have that much trouble with resists either, about the lowest I go even on hibs is 250-300, never below that, when you're assisting with 3-4 other casters thats still a fair wack esp when you have capped dex, that dd chaincasting is fast as hell.

Both specs will be viable after the patch but personally I wouldn't give up my 300-500 damage every second or so for anything :p
Especially not with ToA items that give +25% cast speed, theurgs air dd will be evil :)

C

corentmm

Most albs only last 60 seconds and have very few hits, but when theres enough....

E

elewyth

can YOU nuke without MOC and a bunch of people chasing you? i didnt think so.. the Ice Pets are the best part, u can lob a few into battle and leg it, and no matter what theyre casting while your running, knocking off speed from skalds and bards and stopping healing from healers etc.. theyre the ONLY reason to spec ice apart from AOE root.. i wouldnt bother with wind myself, i think its over-rated...the nuke is ok, but i dont want to stand there nuking, id rather frop a few nuking pets move a bit and do the same elsewhere, thats 5-6 30s nukers...whilst im moving... ice is the future!!!

E

elewyth

Kinda but you have to remember that petting all the time is a serious mana drain, 12% per pet, unless you have a load of mana pots you'll be OOM a lot :p

does ANYONE go into RvR without being stacked with POW pots?
its not a problem, especially if your an alch too!!

S

sh33py

Originally posted by elewyth
but i dont want to stand there nuking, id rather frop a few nuking pets move a bit and do the same elsewhere, thats 5-6 30s nukers...whilst im moving... ice is the future!!!

For cowards maybe :p

I can see that being useful if you're solo but for grouping and especially in the zerg hell that is excal there's a lot of time a fast high dmg DD > pet that you have to cast, let it run a bit then it starts to cast and ofc if the target is close to you those great ice pets will try and melee instead of nuking :)

There's +/-'s for both which is good, no spec is definitive, from a future point of view though with ToA giving such a large bonus to casting speeds DD casters will gain an edge imo :)

O

old_saxo

Sorry but can i ask what spec a lvl 24 theugist in bg should have :) to be most fun / effectiv

thank you

E

elewyth

for bg id prolly go max air for snare pets, and AOE mez.

R

Rulke-RM

Pfft, I only hug you when you're lying dead beneath my FG's feet :p

R

Rulke-RM

Power-level me some and I'll give you a /hug.

Fair trade imo :p

B

Belomar

Hehe, unfortunately, with my pwnz0r spirit spec, I can't PL very well. ;)

C

chosen

my level 21 cabba could use it more then Rulke!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread