non-contract broadband

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Just wondering since the phone line and internet was cancelled recently at my house as were hopefully moving, is non contract broadband any good. As the house has been on the market for about 2 months or so, and we have only had 1 viewer; and most broadband connections want an 18-month contract. I have looked around abit and some have download/usage limits; so wounldn't be too good for Xbox live I guess, just wondering if any have had any experience with it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It will be 3g/ hspda over a wireless dongle - gaming is out of the question, as will be most streaming, usage limits or not.

I have to ask, why cancel your broadband before you had an offer on the house?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
first part of my reply is, so you can't just get a normal broadband connection like we had before with AOL without have a long contract? Second part is that my mum decided to leave and cancel all the bills that she had a part in paying for. And by the time I found out it was all cancelled before, I would've prefered to keep paying for it myself if I had the option.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
www.bethere.co.uk has a 3 month contract on it's BE Unlimited package. Plus, keep in mind with most broadband providers you can move home within the contract and work out the remaining months in the new premises.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I'm with Aquiss Internet.

(yes, that is a referral link)

The contract is month by month with no long tie-in.
The bandwidth quotas are better than most other ISPs out there. I'm on Business 45 which means I have 45GB of peak time usage and unlimited offpeak usage (8AM-8PM peak). Put another way, I'm a heavy bandwidth user and I've YET to break my quota in any given month because I schedule most of my downloads "out of hours".

The customer service is also decent. If you call up, you get someone who actually knows and understands their infrastructure and doesn't blame it all on your PC. The only accent they have is Shropshire. :)

G'wan! Give 'em a go! :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, well that unlimited package is 3 quid more than my current BeThere package but looks good. I shall have to give it some thought. I don't seen anything about a FUP on that unlimited deal - do you know if they have one, Zenith?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Ah, well that unlimited package is 3 quid more than my current BeThere package but looks good. I shall have to give it some thought. I don't seen anything about a FUP on that unlimited deal - do you know if they have one, Zenith?
I've replied in PM nath.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
This would've have been so much easier if I could've kept the AOL connection going, since the phone line has been cancelled, you can't really get a broadband connection without an active phone line on a non-contract scheme. I'll just have to wait till someone decides to buy the house eventually and see where we go from there. Still have to decide which parent to live with, and that bad boy has been keeping me occupied for some time lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom