Nobody Please Talk or Do Anything with Powin/Powell!!

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Who was that scammy d0rf on one of the yank servers, who would stand in Aegir, shouting about being a LGM weaponsmith, or armoursmith, or spellcrafter, or whatever took his fancy at the time, then when some mug gave up his most prized weapon to be repaired, he just took them, and logged? He ended up with his own honour guard of people making toons with names like {name}IsAScammer and they'd /stick him and wander about yelling about him the whole time he was logged in?

I think he had his own website, documenting his legendary scams at some point, but buggered if i can remember it - anyone got the link?

please?

*offers b33r*

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
he was in a scammers guild called grey wolves i think

would brag about it on /gu and mythic could do nothign cos the other person clicked accept

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Morphius said:

would brag about it on /gu and mythic could do nothign cos the other person clicked accept

Actually they CAN do summit about it..they have the right to fukc ur account over if they feel like it :p It should be in the EULA or CoC.

At least Im fairly sure of this :)

/Dracus

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Grey Wolves... that rings a bell... Googled it though, and nothing comes up...

bummer, i wish i could remember his name - it was cruel, but i could never help but laugh - he had screenies of all his chat logs, of all the names he'd been called...

meh... :(

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Rediknight said:
Grey Wolves... that rings a bell... Googled it though, and nothing comes up...

bummer, i wish i could remember his name - it was cruel, but i could never help but laugh - he had screenies of all his chat logs, of all the names he'd been called...

meh... :(

You mean Nerner from Dark Wolves? ;)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic did ban them in the end, once the victims started cancelling their subs :p

Even funnier was the rl beating Nerner took.. in a batman costume! oO

Reckoning

Fledgling Freddie
an irl mate of mine and i play quite a bit. between us we have 8 accounts. 2 accounts were given to him buy a sibling, 2 i bought, and the other 4 we are the original owners of. respectivly. i've never had a problem from the original owner of the 2 accounts i bought and i know i'm one of the lucky ones. my original chars i played from level 1 like most people but when my mate was given the 2 accounts we decided to try and make a full group of level 50's with just us 2 at the comps. it's one of those "you had to be there to appreciate it" moments cuz in all honesty it doesn't work very well. but more to the point. everyone knows the risks involved when buying an account. but most people are trusting and when they purchase the account username and password they do it in good faith. whether it's right or wrong to buy/sell an account is irrelevant. all mythic/goa really have to do to solve any "ownership" (for lack of a better word) issues is to enable players to have the ability to change thier account username and password. if you can do it on a bank card you should be able to do it for a game.
mind you, there is the issue with the original cd key. accounts listed for sale are listed as "game not included". which means if the original owner wanted the account back then your pretty much buggered. a fact i hadn't thought of until just now :eek7:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Rediknight said:
Who was that scammy d0rf on one of the yank servers, who would stand in Aegir, shouting about being a LGM weaponsmith, or armoursmith, or spellcrafter, or whatever took his fancy at the time, then when some mug gave up his most prized weapon to be repaired, he just took them, and logged? He ended up with his own honour guard of people making toons with names like {name}IsAScammer and they'd /stick him and wander about yelling about him the whole time he was logged in?

I think he had his own website, documenting his legendary scams at some point, but buggered if i can remember it - anyone got the link?

please?

*offers b33r*
Remember him, read some page full of screenies with shit bout him :x
Morphius said:

There is a rule in the coc that you have to behave somewhat decent towards other players on the server tho, surely there's something like that on the us servers too.

Martok

Part of the furniture
message from dan the Powin acc has now been banned and closed PERMINANTLY as GoA are unable to disipher the realm acc owner should be.

i feel sorry for the guy whos just bought it but tbh this is the best way when you deal with a rotten egg like the guy dan got the acc from.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Better than playing the acc for a while and having the guy steal it again ;x

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Was going to post last night saying that the account should've been terminated instead of given to the original seller. Looks like GOA have done what they should've done in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom