Nobody Please Talk or Do Anything with Powin/Powell!!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
some people may know this cleric/wiz from The Rigante, Dan bought a DAOC accnt 7months ago off a guy who played hib/excal, the guy recently wanted his accnt back although it was Dan's now, he went to extreme lengths and has now emailed GOA with the original CD keys and has now recieved new subsciption user and password disabling the actual owner access to the account. As the account was bought off someone Dan cannot claim it as his since he did not have the original keys. Please dont talk, group, help etc to this scum bag, after the owner of Powin had worked so hard to get these chars TOAd and suited for PvP, and now is all lost:(

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
The Current owner baught it yesterday from someone on IRC.

Unfortunately this is the risk you take when you buy/trade accounts

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

hmm so the guy who stole it back, sold it last night?

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
he offered 10p for a paladin to help him farm Triton Shaman for 300% MLxp

When the paladin turned him down he'd call him all sorts of names in another language... Funny the language he chose to use was the same language as the paladin spoke ^_^

he did that to 3 different paladins (all in my group)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Mikah75 said:
hmm so the guy who stole it back, sold it last night?

Yeah. the new owner logged in to get loads and loads of Hate spam.

Anyway thats what he told me (wither or not its the truth or not i don't know..)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

hmm wouldnt be able to tell, people who are that low and would steal an account..
but not surprised tbh its going around the entire server and he didnt get very many nice grp invites or nice msgs:), he even tried imitating, pretending to be Dan msging old guildies for help etc

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
*Sits down, pull up a chair and gets a cup of tea* Who did what with who? :eek2:

Such Gossip-farming :D

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

its all in the first post nosy:p

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Lol tea all over the place.

(It's Friday afternoon, I'm bored & I hate my job).

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Get an acc, sell it, get it toa'd, steal it back, sell it, get it high rr, steal it back, sell it.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Get an acc, sell it, get it toa'd, steal it back, sell it, get it high rr, steal it back, sell it.

if it worked, then he might be an arsehole, but he's a smart, patient arsehole, tbh... :wanker:

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Actually GoA should let to trade accs and feckers like this could foad then. I dont care whether that :puke: sold it or not, put him on /ignore.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, if the guy actually told goa he sold his acc he should've gotten instabanned himself, rather than them actually helping him. Guess that shows how much they care about ebaying once again ;x

Tosen

Part of the furniture
translated:
Toby, what's the name of the Shrouded Isles Town ?
Gothwaite Harbour
Thanks

Ah yes... and I have more where he asks how u use a custom interface, how to see how much ml xp u have... stuff like that :D and where he says he played his char all the way to 50 and toa'ed it

Funniest regards
Toby

Attachments

• si byen lol.JPG
    si byen lol.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 143

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
yar this totaly sucks!

especialy since all the alb characters were rolled by the mysterious dan! (who happens to be one of my best mates irl)

Spent alot of time and effort getting powin a decent template and they were very close to getting ml5.

tbh im supprised ebay cant do anything....they must have mesures against stealing?1

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Roadie said:
yar this totaly sucks!

especialy since all the alb characters were rolled by the mysterious dan! (who happens to be one of my best mates irl)

Spent alot of time and effort getting powin a decent template and they were very close to getting ml5.

tbh im supprised ebay cant do anything....they must have mesures against stealing?1

I know a lot of people will say: all power to GoA, but in such a case, I'd go to my lawyer and let him start a law case. EULA and CoC are fine and stuff, but to me this looks like: You buy a car from a private person and then the car manufacturer takes it from you and gives it back to the first owner.

One can debate if bits are goods or not, but in my opinion they are. Data is a commodity, people pay for it, regardless of it's a database with addresses or an artifact or an account. You may find this good or not, keep the moral out of it, but people deal with virtual goods it, it's only that some people/companies are behind. I personally dislike dealing with in game items, but if people are leaving a game, they should be able to sell their accounts.

I know that CCP who produced EVE Online has the same policy, I played there with 4 accounts for 1,5 years and sold them all for good money to go to Dublin and drink a lot of Guinness and even though I miss my EVE Online time (I was a feared celebrity there unlike here where I'm a gimp :clap: ) and even though I'll never be able to play this again like I did since EVE Online has a passive skill system that lets you train while you are logged off (people are 2 years ahead now in skill training) I'd never go and E-Mail CCP to give me my accounts back.

It's an act of an ass to do so.

Maybe GoA should allow a character transfer from one account to a second (it would involve a fee).

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
GOA owns the accounts and characters, not the player.
Even if someone sells their account, it still belongs to GOA.

It's a legal clause, so GOA can cover themselves in situations like these.
+ When the servers finally die, GOA can tell the remaining subscribers to fuck off and end their accounts :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
will make sure the fucker NEVER get into any RvR groups

Gamah

Banned
Yea sucks, but I hate to say it thats the reason GOA say not to trade accounts. I have been scammed myself a few times and it's not nice.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
I know a lot of people will say: all power to GoA, but in such a case, I'd go to my lawyer and let him start a law case. EULA and CoC are fine and stuff, but to me this looks like: You buy a car from a private person and then the car manufacturer takes it from you and gives it back to the first owner.

One can debate if bits are goods or not, but in my opinion they are. Data is a commodity, people pay for it, regardless of it's a database with addresses or an artifact or an account. You may find this good or not, keep the moral out of it, but people deal with virtual goods it, it's only that some people/companies are behind. I personally dislike dealing with in game items, but if people are leaving a game, they should be able to sell their accounts.

I know that CCP who produced EVE Online has the same policy, I played there with 4 accounts for 1,5 years and sold them all for good money to go to Dublin and drink a lot of Guinness and even though I miss my EVE Online time (I was a feared celebrity there unlike here where I'm a gimp :clap: ) and even though I'll never be able to play this again like I did since EVE Online has a passive skill system that lets you train while you are logged off (people are 2 years ahead now in skill training) I'd never go and E-Mail CCP to give me my accounts back.

It's an act of an ass to do so.

Maybe GoA should allow a character transfer from one account to a second (it would involve a fee).
It's against coc to sell acc, you therefore wouldn't have a chance of getting anything done by sueing the guy. Mythic do character transfers, for a fee. I believe it was 100+ dollars to switch a char to a diff acc. I think I read something about goa maybe doing so in the future, but I could be wrong there.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Straef said:
It's against coc to sell acc, you therefore wouldn't have a chance of getting anything done by sueing the guy. Mythic do character transfers, for a fee. I believe it was 100+ dollars to switch a char to a diff acc. I think I read something about goa maybe doing so in the future, but I could be wrong there.

Yeah, I know that, but a lot of the CoCs and EULAs violate national / EU law in some points, so I wouldn't be too sure.

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure even tho Mythic/GoA claim they own the account, the time and effort you've put in gives you some standing and rights.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Drusus said:
I'm pretty sure even tho Mythic/GoA claim they own the account, the time and effort you've put in gives you some standing and rights.
They tell you they keep the stuff before you even roll a char, before you spend any time on it, so don't count on it.

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
ok, first of all I want to say that i think guys that act like this should be hung up by the balls

but
Some people here think that he told goa "Hey, I sold my account, here are the keys, get it back for me".
The chance this happened is small. It probably was
"Hey, somebody hacked my email, where the pasword was in. Here are my keys to prove that I'm the rightful owner".

Someone was thinking of going to a lawyer. This will not work because it's already an offence to buy an account.
The accounts are property of goa.
he used the example of a car, which was a good idea, but badly used.

In this case, it would be selling a car that isn't yours. If you buy a car that you know was stolen, you won't ever get it back when the first owner gets it back. I don't know the exact english term, but in dutch it's called "heling".( maybe someone knows the translation for our foreign friends).
If this woulod be taken too a lawyer, i think the maximum he could do is getting both players punished. because the offender gets punished , and in this case both are offenders (the fact one just made a mistake and the other is a piece of shit doesn't make a difference)

sorry if I bored you guys with the story, but I'm in my first year of lawschool and in middle of exams, so it's hard to get it out of my head.

but, I wonna end like I started:

HANG HIM BY THE BALLS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom