No.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
has over 500,000 dollars in funding on kickstarter......

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
so wait, is that like a camera taking a photo of a photo?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can I take your picture?

Let me just fetch my suitcase

No.

rynnor

Rockhound
People are stupid enough to fall for this? An analogue copy of a digital picture is not an analog picture - its just an even less detailed version of the digital picture.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well if people want an obsolete picture that is gone in history for a reason, then go right ahead. I don't see the point though. Hipster stuff.

opticle

Part of the furniture
What the fuck is this.

Why the fuck is it called the impossible project ? It's not impossible. Its pretty straightforward.

Why the fuck don't you just use a normal photo printer like everyone else ?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
but Milou old man, why are they trying to keep Polaroid alive? surely it's not just for the hipsters who still own those camera along with portable LP record players and checked trousers? I don't get it :(

milou

Part of the furniture
Polaroid very much has its place for medium and large format photograph - as a test shot before committing to film (bearing in mind the cost of 8x10 film - I read something like 30 quid per shot taking into account scanning). The Impossible 8x10 Polaroid film is about £130 for 10 sheets I think but there's been long usage of 8x10 Polaroids as an art form (edit: http://www.mrcad.co.uk/CarouselProductView.ink?Row_ID=512627&pcode=MC512627)

I don't see the 'hipster' reference as that alludes to something fleetingly fashionable. You can read about the bios of the people involved - one has worked with Polaroid since 1980. The same thoughts are with the current Kodak film patents.

I'm not an user of the Impossible products but I think it's great that people think beyond digital.

Kryten

Old Cow.
what a complete waste of twat.
Let's face it. "test shots before committing to film" - yup, welcome to digital. You can snap snap snap away, then delete delete delete away without poisoning the planet and emptying your wallet.
Wireless printers cost £nexttofuckall - for the sake of taking a few extra snaps to be sure, you can happily send...

Oh fuck it. What a waste of an argument. Anyone who thinks this is a good or worthwhile idea needs to get a grasp of modern times and let shit things die.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
there is that. back in the day I would use a polaroid to check my lighting and timing while using technical cameras, indeed sparing myself a failed large format negative, and I am quite aware how much a large format digital cassette costs...or even a medium format one :(

Still, I don't really understand it, sorry.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
milou, the hipster thing comes from a person using something that the general populous isn't, just because it makes them look cooler 'cause they have a niche.

Especially if it's an obsolete tech/stuff.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Wanting to save Polaroid was idiotic enough, but they have really excelled themselves with that piece of stupidity.

Please someone tell me this is just a late April fools joke, they cant be that daft can they?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
hahah I was just about to type, I bet half the people moaning have iphones.

I don't!!! Apple can suck my dirty cock or something :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I admire his nerdy enthusiasm. But I think the product sucks. It looks like a piece of shit. No one prints photos out anymore, and if you do, you'll use your own printer when you get home, or pop into anyone of the thousands of photo/copy places. Hell, even my local Tesco can print your photos out. Or, and here's an idea, buy a polaroid camera. Or buy the GL-10 mobile printer...

kodak-1.jpg

http://polaroid.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom