no thanks

T

Tranquil-

Same opinion as feac here.

Oooh so buggy atm.. :p
I won't buy it atleast.. Give World of Warcraft :)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Sisifos
Ermmm tanks suck against casters... yea i must say that a Zerker with 50% resist to all magic resists and purge sucks against casters... Casters can only get up to 26% resist at tanks dmg which is "uber". Not to mention that every (mid) tank after the patch is at constant sprint mode due to the endu buffs that mythic gave to ur buffbots.

So since we have no way to defend, no way to dmg u, not even a way to run away mythic had to give u extra strength - u are so gimped after all.

P.S. Tanks die last at every battle anyway.

Gn

unfortunately this only applies to midgard tanks :(

My mercenary gets torn up in 3 hits by zerkers and savages. Despite having 20%+ on all melee resists and chain armour.

And I can spend three hours trying to kill a caster as his ablative procs pulse at me what feels like every sodding round.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by acei
Also they've probably done this because tanks suck against casters, at least with the extreme HP they'll be able to run upto a caster before getting killed.
That was the single most uninformed statement I've found on this board in a long time. Tanks have, ever since the introduction of RAs, been boosted slowly to the level of casters and now beyond. Today, only hib casters with their 9 second stun do well, other casters are basically cannonfodder without a pair of slambots guarding their behinds. I take it you haven't seen a zerg of zerkers with perma-sprint mowing through Albion casters like a hot knife through butter?

K

K0nah

i rolled a highlander cos i wanted to do more dmg (and im scottish-ish), the current capping system robs me of the rewards of the choice i made.

with average buffs my str is 27 over the 300 cap and with uber buffs ive never seen it higher than 330 iirc. the RR linked system they were going to put in was a bad joke. just removing the caps for offensive/defensive races as they are now doing is fine imo.

some good points been brought up regarding casters tho, on my wizard the only stat that caps over 300 is int and that is _very_ rare. also mages get less hits per con point so buffs in general do less for us in that regard.

good step in the right direction but casters are getting alot less out of this than melee chars for sure, it needs looking at.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Just out of curiosity, some people are putting forward arguments that some classes will benefit from the overcapping more than others. Err...any of them from Albion? I can't think of any. Avalonions are going to get a bit more intelligence...to do what exactly? Get an extra 50, for example, damage to their nukes? Gee, thats going to help when a Troll with 2000+ HP smacks them in the face with his great big axe. Even at level 50 I have still never managed to get over 290 int with buffs.

I know its another full on Albion whine from me but to be honest this overcapping malarky just seems like another reason to keep my casters in SI to do some more pharming.

Someone try and convince me otherwise...someone with intelligent and well thought out arguments.

P

Pin

Originally posted by K0nah

with average buffs my str is 27 over the 300 cap and with uber buffs ive never seen it higher than 330 iirc.

1.61 will see caps removed on buffs, so you'll actually be able to get more like 360 after that patch.

Also note that your CON is just the same as a Troll's, so you'll see the same hp raise from the next patch.

Dwarves will be slightly higher hp and lower weaponskill - which is exactly how it should be!

The only thing I have a problem with is that over the past months they have been slowly improving things in other respects (e.g. boosting damage from warriors, hunters and before that zerkers) but that was working on the old rules where things were capped at 300. Now with those 300 caps removed they should at least have re-evaluated those other boosts.

Originally posted by K0nah
some good points been brought up regarding casters tho, on my wizard the only stat that caps over 300 is int and that is _very_ rare. also mages get less hits per con point so buffs in general do less for us in that regard.

You sure you have ever had over 300 int? With no base buff and the spec buff only boosting by 65 (unless the buffer has mastery of the arcane) you'd need a lot of aug acuity and the majority of start points added to an avalonian to get to 300.

Originally posted by Sissyfoo

Just out of curiosity, some people are putting forward arguments that some classes will benefit from the overcapping more than others. Err...any of them from Albion? I can't think of any. Avalonions are going to get a bit more intelligence...to do what exactly? Get an extra 50, for example, damage to their nukes? Gee, thats going to help when a Troll with 2000+ HP smacks them in the face with his great big axe. Even at level 50 I have still never managed to get over 290 int with buffs.

Actually, there will be ZERO change to INT in 1.61 as the highest spec INT buff caps at 65 (and even with MoArcane 5 it's still only 74 which is below the current buff cap). Avalonian casters will benefit from higher DEX though as that will go over 300 regularly when buffed.

As for other races and classes who will benefit:

Saracen rogues will benefit - my inf has 347 dex, which will be closer to 400 after the patch (as thrust is based on str/dex and my str will be about 300 I'll only get a benefit up to ~350).

Highlander tanks will benefit from an increase to STR. It won't be as large an increase as Trolls and Firbolgs see, but it's still sizable.

Elf and Lurikeen rogues also benefit with higher dex as will firbolg tanks.

high dex casters will have higher DEX (might not be a big difference as most cast times are down to the 2sec cap with 300 dex anyway).

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Pin
You sure you have ever had over 300 int? With no base buff and the spec buff only boosting by 65 (unless the buffer has mastery of the arcane) you'd need a lot of aug acuity and the majority of start points added to an avalonian to get to 300.
This also rankled me somewhat -- I am an Avalonian, have Augmented Acuity 3, and put 10 points into intelligence when rolling Cerdin, but my highest intelligence ever has been 298 (228 int unbuffed). (EDIT: See http://oss.ckk.chalmers.se/daoc/images/uberbuffed.jpg for my stats while buffed to the eyeballs.)

G

Genesis_of_Ak

DAOC is really becoming shite now if that jpeg accurately reflects post patch game play

I may end up switching to Ever Quest 2 /

A

acei

Originally posted by Belomar
That was the single most uninformed statement I've found on this board in a long time. Tanks have, ever since the introduction of RAs, been boosted slowly to the level of casters and now beyond. Today, only hib casters with their 9 second stun do well, other casters are basically cannonfodder without a pair of slambots guarding their behinds. I take it you haven't seen a zerg of zerkers with perma-sprint mowing through Albion casters like a hot knife through butter?
The point about a 9 second stun is erm, meaningless as we do have a race in Albion that can do the same... Clerics. It's just that LOADS of clerics don't use this ability at the low levels (which you shouldn't cause it's pointless) but at high levels they forget to use it. So if casters wanna kill tanks, get a cleric or two... we aren't totally pointless to casters as i proved when i went leveling with a single wizard.

Oh and i have seen them move quick, i just assumed it was because of their minstrel like classes?

B

Belomar

The point is that whereas the primary role of a cleric is to heal (usually), a mage that can stun has everything rolled up nicely in one package (i.e. he stuns or qc stun then nukes away). Clerics have next to zero offensive capability, and cant thus not take much advantage of their own stuns, just hope that their fellow Albions do. Try coordinating stun and attacks on the same target in real RvR and you will see that it's not easy.

But your original point was that tanks suck against casters, which they most definitely don't. Capped resistances, uber hitpoints, cheap RAs, and endless styling has turned the tables.

A

acei

Originally posted by Belomar
The point is that whereas the primary role of a cleric is to heal (usually), a mage that can stun has everything rolled up nicely in one package (i.e. he stuns or qc stun then nukes away). Clerics have next to zero offensive capability, and cant thus not take much advantage of their own stuns, just hope that their fellow Albions do. Try coordinating stun and attacks on the same target in real RvR and you will see that it's not easy.
Smite clerics can do alot of damage. In RvR heal isn't much of a advantage because it's VERY hard to get off a heal because HP's go down so fast, insta's are the only heal that are very effective in RvR :).... i do agree though considering a caster does have both powerful nuke AND stun it does give quite a big advantage. I would love to see a stun ambush with a group full of clerics i've never seen that and i think it would be quite effective because if one of the clerics gets a resist i doubt the other ones will and in the next patch our stun cast time is reduced and the range increased to 1350 :)

F

Flimgoblin

problem with cleric stun is its naff range - it'll improve a bit next patch....

Healing is far from impossible in rvr now - with spread heals it's become that bit more feasible.

T

tazzke

Dunno how you guys play....but...why can't you heal?

i guess you are all standing in the middle or up front when the fight starts...

Most of the fights i get into..i can heal pretty well, and if i get some mid/hibs on me i

a) run out of range from casters
b) call for help from slambots :p
c) use my uber insta pbaoe mezz of 9 sec - 8 sec resists
d) die anyway

and concerning stun...try standing near a caster...and use stun when you see a hib/mid tank charge him...when you don't need to heal of course

but back to topic about new patch

guess they boost up everyone...since it's a pach for all realms?
even today a zerker can kill everything in 2-4 hits...so that won't change anything...trick is to keep him mezzed/stunned while he is in hamster-mode...give him a good laugh when he is..and hope he don't push purge when you do it :p

B

Belomar

Originally posted by acei
In RvR heal isn't much of a advantage because it's VERY hard to get off a heal because HP's go down so fast, insta's are the only heal that are very effective in RvR :)
Umm, no offense, but the RvR clerics in my guild are healing just fine. /kiss Nynaeve ;)

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Pin
troll zerker with

str: 389
con: 333
dex: 299
qui: 209

hits: 2450
weapskill: 2071

You're forgetting the slight detail - buffed by 50 aug shammy... not that many zerkers are gonna have this I think.

/cry anyway

A

Arthwyr

You're forgetting the slight detail - buffed by 50 aug shammy... not that many zerkers are gonna have this I think.

We play on excalibur, home of the buffbot and soon you won't even need a 2nd computer to run a 2nd account. Enjoy.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.shotgunstow

/cry anyway

Errr... okaaaay.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Pin

Yes, which is exactly why rolled Avalonian +15int 5con 5dex ;)
Aug Acuity III is standard fare for mages since its prereq for MoA and MoC. Yes i'm sure i have had over 300 (301 in fact, from the GoL buffbot iirc) or umm i wouldn't have said i had. 299 is more common. 294 very common.

Originally posted by Pin
as most cast times are down to the 2sec cap with 300 dex anyway).

cast time cap has been proven to be ~1.5s not 2s. some arguement over wether a cap exists at all, but there is no doubt that it isnt 2s.

see http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=44249188&page=1

my avalonian wiz is close to 300dex when buffed but not horribly over300 like lurikeens prolly are. no clamp lifted here :(

S

sheepseyes

has anyone noticed his af aint that high

P

Pin

Originally posted by sheepseyes
has anyone noticed his af aint that high

That's the correct AF for studded armour. No AF buffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom