No Smoking Day

W

whipped

Anyone else using National No Smoking Day as an excuse to attempt to give up. I just bought my first lot of patches. Smoking today (I have to rebel) and then I start quitting tomorrow.

X

Xtro

Never smoked normal cigs thankfully. A friend started smoking and they are 35 - wtf is that about?

K

*Kornholio*

I'm trying to quit atm... had 2 so far today which isn't bad for me coz I've normally had that many by the time I've got a cup of coffee in my hands in the morning :) Patches seem to be doing the trick.

T

Testin da Cable

I quit ages ago. it was hard, but I made it without any help other than the fear that the pain in my lungs and the blood I was coughing up was a preset of death. I still have the odd ciggy-lust moment now and then where I'd happily light up.

L

luap

I gave up two years ago using patches, it's easier than you think :)

W

whipped

I gave up for 6 months last year, but after a night out I someone managed to get back on 10 a day with 20 - 30 in a night out. the girlfriend has moved up and she still smokes, I think that may have contributed to it. But she's going to try giving up with me as well. We'll see how it goes.

G

GDW

I gave up ten months ago......it is worth it, so good luck to those trying to stop

C

charl8tan

I'm in the middle of quitting....only had like 2 all last week, I normally smoke 20+ a day, and then at the weekend got a tad blathered and smoked all the time :(. So I'm having to start giving up all over again :(.

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by whipped
Anyone else using National No Smoking Day as an excuse to attempt to give up. I just bought my first lot of patches. Smoking today (I have to rebel) and then I start quitting tomorrow.
Sod

+

That

C

Chameleon

A couple of years ago I gave up for 8 months, then started again cos ......... well I'm not sure why really. I regret it now, as I'd just done it cold turkey and found it quiet easy as I also took up going to the gym at the same time, so I guess that helped.
Those new SMOKING WILL KILL YOU AND YOU WILL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH messages on packets now do get me thinking again though. I'd like to stop ....... especially in the morning when my lungs hurt when I take deep breaths :eek: I guess no smoking day might be a good time to try giving up again .......

S

]SK[

I quit smoking about 5 months ago, was pretty much just before last years barrybeer.

Originally posted by PR.
Never smoked, its too pointless

GG

B

bodhi

As soon as I saw it was No Smoking Day I reached for a ciggarette. I don't plan on quitting any time soon.

W

Wij

I'm down to about 3 a day after our lass has gone to bed. I enjoy smoking though :/

D

DApea!

The side effects of patches are quite concerning, or at least on the label of my sisters.

Though much better than caughing up lung tissue covered with lumps of tar, but feeling unusually out-of-breath considering you still have one lung left from that operation, which at least you payed for with the tax on the cause of it all.

Unfortunately biting your yellow fingernails with your black teeth and rotten gums doesn't seem to relieve the worry of your impending death and the relatives and friends that avoid you.

Good job they're going to start putting pictures of illnesses and body decay caused by Smoking on all packets.

T

Tom

Personally, I think anybody who smokes is plain stupid.

L

Lester

Tremor's down to 20 a day now.

Patches that is :/

B

bodhi

Originally posted by DApea!
The side effects of patches are quite concerning, or at least on the label of my sisters.

Though much better than caughing up lung tissue covered with lumps of tar, but feeling unusually out-of-breath considering you still have one lung left from that operation, which at least you payed for with the tax on the cause of it all.

Unfortunately biting your yellow fingernails with your black teeth and rotten gums doesn't seem to relieve the worry of your impending death and the relatives and friends that avoid you.

Good job they're going to start putting pictures of illnesses and body decay caused by Smoking on all packets.

I don't know a single smoker who suffers from any of this. Usual anti-smoking scare tactics :/

N

nath

its all a guverment conspiricy!!! smoking is good for yuo!!!!

X

xane

I gave up about 15 years ago and I still get a craving now and again. The most I'd submit to is an occasional cigar nowdays, the price of ciggies equates to an annual processor upgrade, so that's reason enough not to start.

S

Skyler

I've never ever smoked a single puff of any variation of cigarette in my life :D

Have to be a bit silly to start smoking really, I just dont see any remote reason why.

Users who are viewing this thread