No-one playing?

G

Greef

Dammit noone's playing Q2.:rolleyes:
Gone are the days of Wireplay, playing Q2 'till the early hours *nostalgia*

Oh well I'm gonna play with the new Empire Earth Demo.....

M

Manic Miner

maybe you should get a better server list or ping tool.

still plenty of people playing quake2 late into the night where i go.

regards,
manic miner

T

throdgrain

loads playing on clara (tho imo wepstay is a bit gay) ,loads playing on jolt servers too.especially the excellent dm server with all the league maps and bot protection etc. , organised the the esteemed mm (above)
check em out m8 :)

S

ShockingAlberto

q2 ctf is my thing, but being a bit of a n00b to it, i dont have all these new version maps. jolt run very few standard (q2ctf1, q2ctf2 ect)maps, but they run quite a few weird versions(q2ctf4a ect). now custom maps arent a problem, but does anyone know where i can download these 'a' verison maps?

T

throdgrain

me i just download em as i enter the game if you see what i mean,however i should think www.q2central.com or savageuniverse.com would have them.I know this is the wrong place to say this,but the jolt servers are great for keeping q2 fresh,loads of new maps.also a help to ppl like me as they have all the league maps on dm too,ie grom conventional,unrdm1 etc etc.i imagine them ctf maps are for the same reason,tho i dont play league ctf meself :)

G

Greef

Ping tool?

Originally posted by ManicMiner
maybe you should get a better server list or ping tool.

still plenty of people playing quake2 late into the night where i go.

regards,
manic miner
I checked out ping tool and it seems to have gone the way of the dodo :(
I am checking out Kali at the mo.... we will see..
Not that impressed with gamespy.
What do you use m8, if you don't mind me askin?

S

ShockingAlberto

hhmm, they come with ctf ye say?
ctf was installed when i installed a 3.20, i dont know much else...i know i sound like a newbie, but i really havent a clue :/

T

throdgrain

have u checked the link above m8? i thought they was on there...
i wont insult ur intelligence by asking if u got the allowdownloads thing on,but if u have it only takes like 10 minutes to d/l from the server.q2 maps are quite a lot smaller than cs maps :)

S

ShockingAlberto

the link would no work, but using some of my hidden inteligance i tried ftpuk.jolt.co.uk and browsed to their Q2 section. they had several zips, but i ddin';t have the time to try them all(or anyone of them, for that matter).

and no, im not downloading from the server.
i've not downloaded any maps from a server for a long time.

T

throdgrain

strange the link works for me ok :(
www.q2central.com is like THE q2 site really... (and savage of course)
must ask tho,why not d/l from server?

M

Manic Miner

lol, oops

the link had my user name in that i use to upload to the site. therefore wouldn't have worked for you guys (depending on what ver of ie and how you entered it) cos u would have needed the password.

upadted now :)

regards,
manic miner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom