No need to blame Goa for all

D

DeaD GuRu

Well ppl,

you may have read it.

Our gaming fun has not been stopped because of their fault.

Some stupid, ignorant, lack of common sence, math-rotten-brain Kid has been verry active on their servers.

As in hacked.

i don't think that the rotten- tart faced - wannebee - programmer who is responcible for this action does read this forum. if he would , just this...

What have you proven with hacking someones work?
What have you proven to the gaming community?
Why have you done this?

Do you think the playing ppl are ammused by it?
Do you think ppl look up to you now?
Do you find yourselfe interesting, intelligent?

I know there is anarchy over the net.. wannebee gnutella rapers....
WELL.. nothing forbids you of creating your thing, but be constructive ... don't destroy existing things..can't handle the competition? skip it, get a job in wich you can prove yourself

This goes to all ppl that play on our server.. excalibur..

Cheating does not prove your competence , this is also hacking...
If you want to prove you competence, apply to this firm and offer them your idea. Maybee you will get a nice job... in wich you may prove your competence..

So all radar-speed-whatever cheat users on Our server....

STOP RAPING PEOPLES WORK

Create your own

If i were to know a personal friend was using hacked software wich destroys someones work or tons of FAIR ppl's fun , i would turn em in. Even it was my own brother. Because i would not want other ppl to destroy my work, i would love them to add to it but with my knowing of it. they would be rewarded accordingly.

knowing this game we play i have been tempted to look what that ghostmouse thingy is , what odins eye is, what x-unleashed is... but now i dispise it. I had a good thought about all...
I never installed nor tested any of these applications i have read the site info's etc...
Well, if you can't handle some in-game thing as in:
beeing surprised by oncomming troops
spending hours of boring work trinketting
DON'T DO IT,
find some other way of doing it but do NOT rape the concept of the creators their game. There are ppl that do these things for FUN.
Buggs are bad enough as they are and need to be fixed, but changing or hacking this software will not make you important nor good.

Just try to grow up a bit and think of what runs behind the scenes....

WHY CHEAT? WHY HACK?

jealousy? Envy? Wannebee looked up at??

well, do it the normal way.... then you can even tell yourselfe

I AM THE BEST BECAUSE I DID IT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE

my cup off tea

had an afternoon nap ;-) alway act this way when i wake up

L

Leathas

btw,dont swear to programmers and math guys imo,not all of them are same

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Leathas

not all are

destructive, mentally ill once are to blame

i'm not that stupid in maths or science either :)

S

svartmetall

What really disturbed me was seeing GOA say something had been going on since August 18th...what the fuck have they been doing for the last 8 days?
But I agree, whoever did the hack is a tiny-dicked waste of DNA...once again I find myself wishing my keyboard had a "reach through the Internet and give someone a good slap" button.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Leathas

and we are quick to anger .....

K

kaod

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
What have you proven with hacking someones work?
What have you proven to the gaming community?
Why have you done this?

Do you think the playing ppl are ammused by it?
Do you think ppl look up to you now?
Do you find yourselfe interesting, intelligent?

No real point trying to appeal to a hackers sense of deceny with such questions some will do it for the same reason people climb mountains... the challenge and because it's there.

(And I wish the hacker had gone to climb a mountain and not affected other people too) :(

K

kaod

Originally posted by svartmetall
What really disturbed me was seeing GOA say something had been going on since August 18th...what the fuck have they been doing for the last 8 days?
But I agree, whoever did the hack is a tiny-dicked waste of DNA...once again I find myself wishing my keyboard had a "reach through the Internet and give someone a good slap" button.

...and anyone that has had their account hacked into since that date have a damn good case for a serious complaint now too.

D

Draylor

Wrong - GOAs lack of proper security is entirely to blame for this.

O

old.Ramas

Huh? GOA aren't responsible for server security then?

It's the right action to take when starting from where they found themselves once the hack was identified. And it's not really a big deal so long as it deosn't take too long.

But it is and was still GOA's responsibility to ensure we don't start from here.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Draylor

nope, as you should know, nothing is perfect.......

is it our job to point to someonce weaknesses?
if it would be your job, no problem, otherwise why bother?

H

herjulf

personally i am gratefull for what that guy did atleast the prydween thingie.

It gave a GREAT impact and did something good, caused a change in security procedure.
Also game passwords will change, and save some ppl who´s game passwords may have been hacked.

Hopefully the subsc pass changes aswell.

I luv it, excellent stuff :) :clap:

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by herjulf
personally i am gratefull for what that guy did atleast the prydween thingie.

It gave a GREAT impact and did something good, caused a change in security procedure.
Also game passwords will change, and save some ppl who´s game passwords may have been hacked.

Hopefully the subsc pass changes aswell.

I luv it, excellent stuff :) :clap:

well mate, maturity :) ever heard of it?

Get yourselfe a couple of mates that know how to program ,

start yourselfe a firm , what we call a bvba over here, and offer you services to providers and other Pc based firms .

Offer your knowledge and hack their services to prove their weaknesses....

to be honest in a kapitalist world only fools do something for free

quick edit:

and also offer them alternative in improvig their stuff

S

Sibanac

Until you got all the facts the is no way you can apoint blame

G

Gesp

Totally right, we dont pay and enjoy the game to watch when GOA tries to fix things up for hours just because they lack the proper security.

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by Gesp
Totally right, we dont pay and enjoy the game to watch when GOA tries to fix things up for hours just because they lack the proper security.

last server incident all ppl got one free day of gaming as compensation check your info mate...

their faults are beeing payed for as well... at least they have the descency of returning the ppl the favour and telling us they were wrong in some way.

G

Gesp

My point is PLAYING, i know they even give free subs to ppl they banned temporarily, but i've paid for THIS month, not A month. I just want my service back, stop being the lawyer of em imo. Goa lacked enough security, its clear, now they break our game to fix the screwed things up.

S

Sibanac

So you know all the security for the goa servers then do you ?

and ofcourse you now exactly how they breached security.

No ? you dont ? then how the hell can you know who did what wrong ?

S

spankya

GOA kept telling poeple to not keep password on PC etc and use a firewall!! Maybe GOA shoulda put a firewall on their systems too :p

D

DeaD GuRu

My point is PLAYING, i know they even give free subs to ppl they banned temporarily, but i've paid for THIS month, not A month. I just want my service back, stop being the lawyer of em imo. Goa lacked enough security, its clear, now they break our game to fix the screwed things up.

well, i'm not acting as a lawyer.. i'm telling my pov

comparrisson:

ok , let's talk in a couple (5/10) year when you have a business of some sort. In which you give your heart and soul to make the best of it.
Then someone feels so free to steal half your work and runs away with it. or destroys/undermines your work with his mentally ill brain..

how would you feel as owner..

last note...; internet is a LOT more then playing games

D

Daja

/clap guru i'm sure hes just pissing himself, these are the posts they wub. Well worth doing

D

darbey

Draylor is absolutely correct. Without knowing factrs it is speculation, but bottom line is if they have been hacked then there security is not up to it.

B

belth

Important notice : Game password being changed.
[2003-26-08]

Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.
Frisky Friday Grab Bag
from Sanya Thomas
2003-08-22 19:19:58

Q: I heard rumors about DAOC's servers and possible security problems. Is there any truth to this kind of rumor?

A: No.

But let me explain how I can be so definite. (Sorry if this is an overly simplified explanation – remember, I have to print my answers for both the technical and the non-technical people out there.) A game like ours has two kinds of code, client side (the part that happens on your computer at home) and server side (the code on… you guessed it… our servers).

Dark Age of Camelot servers have never been hacked. The tools that allow creation of monsters and other world items on live servers are internal development tools. (Here at Mythic HQ, access to these things means you work here in our office and are closely supervised.) These tools are mainly used for two purposes - on Pendragon during encounter testing, and on live servers by our customer service people who are replacing lost quest items and other such things. There has never been a misuse of these tools on any of our live servers.

Our password server has also not been hacked. Every case of "account hacking" has been people not keeping their passwords secure. If you share your password with others, if you email your password to strangers, and if you say, boot up a third party program and then type your password, your password is not secure. We feel bad for people who get taken advantage of, but we can't restore their accounts or their treasures. So never give out your password, and change it frequently.

There are, as many of you know, some client hacks out there. While they cannot create gold or monsters, or provide you with any actual gameplay skill, they can affect things that your client controls, such as your run speed.

We ban people using these every day. Because we do not want to ban innocent players, our investigation process is painstaking and a little slow. But we get the cheaters eventually. It's unfortunate, but a fact of life – you get a lot of people together, and the odds are good that a very few of them will be… special people… who can't compete without cheating. So, we get copies of all the cheat programs, learn how to find their users, and make frequent and daily use of the ban stick.

But I digress. The short answer is that DAOC servers have not been hacked.

1+ free days, /cha-ching. Ah well. I'd rather play.

Mythic is atleast partially responsible for the server security, with the specifactions of what a server should have, etc.

Atleast GOA pwned Sanya.

G

Gesp

Originally posted by DeaD GuRu
last note...; internet is a LOT more then playing games
Think my habits are none of your business.. If you do extra-important secret vip 1stclass stuff in internet, stop defending a faulty goa here and go do em imo. I just wanna enjoy the game i paid, rather than watching goa fumbling and wasting my free day.

L

Leathas

Originally posted by Sibanac
and we are quick to anger .....

argh,stop it
left my old guild because of some of them said i was too aggresive to be chatted,ffs,not exactly,i dont like making :) :\ :( 8) :d :D :p :p all teh chat

i just wanted to tell that not every coder is bad :)

i'd better stop chatting in game and posting in forums it seems,ppl keeps saying this stuff to me :(

R

raithian

maybe the problems have nothing to do with goa but the LACK OF information from goa as to what is going on can soly be placed upon goa.
it says in news section that 5 hours servers will be back up yet it has been over 6 hours and there not why cant goa post more info as to what is happening at least then we are informed

D

DeaD GuRu

Originally posted by raithian
maybe the problems have nothing to do with goa but the LACK OF information from goa as to what is going on can soly be placed upon goa.
it says in news section that 5 hours servers will be back up yet it has been over 6 hours and there not why cant goa post more info as to what is happening at least then we are informed

i think there is someway they want to tell us what is going on :)

but since there are a lot of ppl hammering their servers and pages it could be that it has one of it's major hick-ups

dunno ;-)

P

pitspawn

None of this amazes me tbh. The last mmorpg i played i actually watched a hacker log onto my alt infront of me, proceed to loot the clan apt and log off to delete my char. The developers would not retreive my character because they REFUSED to believe they had been hacked. Only when multiple other friends i knew had had their characters hacked did they decide to do something about it.

They decided to blame the hacking down to client side problems (Hidden Keyloggers or Trojans to retreive password hashes in registery) I had no trojans on my computer when my alt was hacked, as i had only recently done a fresh format. Many others i knew believed it was impossible for them to have had client side hacks too. Companies will always cover up T_T because too many people will leave if they believe there is a security hole in their accounts. After all, we may not own the accounts we pay for but we certainly hold rights to their access. And it feels like being voilated when a stranger uses your account, just as finding out a burgular has been in your house. Just my 2p.

BTW Get the farkin reg pages up so i can reactivate GOA!!!111one. lol

Users who are viewing this thread