No Multiplayer on my SOF

O

old.Mr Crapini

Hi, I have spent the last few days trying to get SOF to connect to a multiplayer server, the in game server browser refreshes nothing and when manually entering IPs the game attempts to launch but only goes as far as the black loading screen with the magazine clip at the top, which doesn't move.

I then installed the all seeing eye which showed me that there are still SOF servers out there with players on them even though I have discovered it at the end of its life as SOF2 is out in a few days, however I would still like to see what it plays like online so if any1 reads this within the next few days and has fixed a problem like this before, pls let me know.

btw I have applied the latest patch to it without change.
I have also tried to launch the game with my firewall down and still no joy.

heeeeelp pls :)

O

old.Tsy

Hmm have you applied the correct "latest patch"? Latest version is version 1.07 but there is an other - buggy - 1.07 version around on some download sites.

You can download the proper patch from here : http://sof.fragland.net/?body=dlsof&cat=9 - Which version you have is written bottom-right of the main menu in the game.

As for how it plays online well, you'll find out by yourself, but simply put the game did not have much support from Raven/Activision and as such gets a few bad points in its design (interface for MP, weapon balance...). However it's still for us who still play it the best FPS around. Make sure to use the shotgun (weapon 4) as it's by far the best weapon from the game and for the rest it's about Quake 3's pace with real world style (maps and weapons). Don't worry too much about SoF 2 coming out as SoF 1 is way faster and still has time to live until a fast-paced mod for SoF 2 be released.

Link to SoF leagues : www.total-carnage.net

Have fun :)

O

old.Mr Crapini

Yay, thx alot, it was down to the patching.

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread