No more lvling at lair?

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
Tonight at lair was a funny sight.

With the new patch, the mobs on the way from H to lair is now spawning on the hillside and patrolling up and down hillside. Even a few named Drakulvs roam there. They aggro at long range and can run at sprint speed.

This means that getting from H to lair is now almost impossible, unless you are in a group big enough to take down 4-5 drakulv. I other words, running to lair alone is no longer possible (maybe an extreme lucky soul could get pass)

Tonight at lair, every single player we had incomming was killed on the way, and the few times we went back to rezz usually ended in massive aggro and multiple deaths.

As I am writing this, the 6th SM trying to get here just got killed on his way here.

So, the question is, will people stick with lair and assemble in larger groups to get there alive and then not leave before they are 50, or will people simply go "f*ck lair, lets go to modernagrav instead"?

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
How about you take your alt and lvl it the normal way :)

Ardamel

Fledgling Freddie
Well the crystal exp spot in Modernagrav (easy to get to if your standing with the iarn dwarfs are good) is just as good as lair but with a better drop rate and spawn rate of mobs. I don't think lair will die but that exp place is already secondary to that of Modernagrav.

Skopti

Fledgling Freddie
Must agree, I disliked the lair in its old form and the new SM/Leech system is truly depressing. The very character and atmosphere of the game I feel is destroyed. I prefer to hunt in regular groups in moderngrav with a few guildies or solo, I feel I have at least learned a little about my toon that way.

I dont hold anything against those that have access to those means of levelling, I guess we just look at xping from different angles.

Ickleevul

Fledgling Freddie
Sm+leech crowd pretty much destroyed the Liar as "reasonable" means of getting to lvl50 for normal players.
Clear the mobs yourself.

Wiebe

Fledgling Freddie
In US all the mids use redcap camps on that new SI zones, way faster they say... you lair people should check it out!

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
There's more then one way to go to Lair from H, I haven't checked the route I use since patchday thou so really can't tell if it's as bad as u say. Anyway I'll notice that on my next visit down there i guess.

:kissit:

Michail

Fledgling Freddie
Was able to run lvl 20+ leecher and lvl 50 shaman to lair together without that much trouble this morning.

There was indeed named mob, (Ulf?) who was orange con and used root + nukes near H. But with end 5 he isn't much of a problem :cheers:

Calo

Part of the furniture
Skopti said:
Must agree, I disliked the lair in its old form and the new SM/Leech system is truly depressing. The very character and atmosphere of the game I feel is destroyed. I prefer to hunt in regular groups in moderngrav with a few guildies or solo, I feel I have at least learned a little about my toon that way.

I dont hold anything against those that have access to those means of levelling, I guess we just look at xping from different angles.

modern is PURE sm/heals lair shit again ...

really sucks tbh

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with skopti on the new lair really sucking, i actually liked the way it used to be and had fun leveling there (when you could get in groups :)) perhaps now its harder to get to lair more people will exp normal ways which is nice :)

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
I couldnt agree more that the SM/leech system is pretty depressing, in fact I send a suggestion to Mythic that they implemented a small and simple thing in this game:

When there is a lvl 50 in your grp, you get no xp from mobs.

Simple, but effective. Not much chance they do it though.

This wasnt what this thread was about though... :)

Erinnizz

Fledgling Freddie
SeeN said:
I couldnt agree more that the SM/leech system is pretty depressing, in fact I send a suggestion to Mythic that they implemented a small and simple thing in this game:

When there is a lvl 50 in your grp, you get no xp from mobs.

Simple, but effective. Not much chance they do it though.

This wasnt what this thread was about though... :)

And then u wouldnt be able to exp your artefacts as a lvl 50, but agree pl bots have ruined the good old exp grps, i say that even tho I use pl myself...

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
this thing happens _every_ time they patch the server
within a few days it will be the same route

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Why do you ppl like that they nerfed lair? I personely haven't seen lair since patch (been busy in ToA) but if it is as bad as you say it really sux imo!

I hate PvE but love RvR, even worse; I love too be able to RvR with several diffrent chars, be able to switch around so i dont get bored(to much). Lair was perfect before 1st nerf when mobs got new pathing down there. I knew that i would only be bored for 3-4days to get a fresh lvl 50 geard up n ready for emain.

I say let them who dont whant to spend time lvling be able too. The ones who enjoy it can find other places to lvl (or the same for that matter if they enjoy lair).

Btw, farmed me my first 3set of scrolls today, took me the hole damn day! :puke: Atleast is an artifact that levels with RvR kills.

Herjulf

Banned
They dont spawn there permanently, each time after server restart they END up up there until some1 have wiped them ONE time.

After which they again end up further down the valley.

People have whine for ages that they... lair is so nerfed, lair is so hard to get to, bu huuuu.

Suck it in and TRY AGAIN ffs.

U get reasonably easy exp, and is well worth it if your /level 20 dies 10 times or so on the way.

But if people werent so gaddamn lazy they would kill som green arachites, not many are needed. and be fuck buddies with the svartals for the rest of their lifes.

Lair is NOT nerfed in any way the only changes to malmohus period since launch of game is gjalpinulva and ROG drops from named.

Every time server has been restarted we see a thread like this, "have they nerfed lair etc"
Ask in your guild channel, and if u got someone who has played daoc for a while should know this.

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
ok lair can be depressive, ppl say its destroyed ppl to get to 50, its all the sm's fault... first of all its 2groups there with alot of sm's .. thats simple whine

the system we have now at lair is way more effective then the old one, ppl get to 50 in no time. if the ppl dont have a sm but do wanna get exp START UR OWN LAIR GROUP..

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
problem is without a sm/bot or anything getting to the level at which you can do lair groups takes quite a while

Heffer

Fledgling Freddie
all you guys saying lvl the normal way amagaaad u s00k etc... lol! if you had a 50 sm you wouldnt be saying it then me thinks a bit of jealousy is coming out xD

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of curiosity, what is considered the minimum level to be before 'hitting the lair', nowadays? For a Skald, that is.

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
To get into a current lair group you need either:
  • Supp SM
  • Mend/Aug Mend/Pac Healer
  • Aug Shaman

Then you bring a leech if you are level 50. Basically then, to level at Lair, you need 2 accounts and an existing level 50 of one of 3 classes of a specific spec.

I'd love to see some of the old-style groups reappearing; they might not have been 'omfg l33t optimism', but they worked, and they worked well. People are so used to the current system that it's just accepted as being the only way to level at Lair. Don't let yourselves be bullied, and create your own groups.

Fragoverrule

One of Freddy's beloved
rivan said:
To get into a current lair group you need either:
  • Supp SM
  • Mend/Aug Mend/Pac Healer
  • Aug Shaman
Then you bring a leech if you are level 50. Basically then, to level at Lair, you need 2 accounts and an existing level 50 of one of 3 classes of a specific spec.

I'd love to see some of the old-style groups reappearing; they might not have been 'omfg l33t optimism', but they worked, and they worked well. People are so used to the current system that it's just accepted as being the only way to level at Lair. Don't let yourselves be bullied, and create your own groups.
well said, simply so true

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
If you're very very very very very lucky, or simply bribe the LK, you might get in at lair with a skald if they need speed for the pet :p

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Bribe the LK? ... there'd be an outcry, if a LK insisted on inviting someone without a sm into either of the groups^^

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
The spot in Modernagrav with redcaps with an ok grp = loads of xp.
We had 2 sm, 1 pbt runie, 2 healers (1pac,1mend), 1 shammy, 1 warrior, 1 savage and had a lots of fun. We started xping there at 45 or so and you can xp up there to 50 quite fast. Pulls ranged from 6 mobs to 30 or so (orange, red, purple cons), though we were lucky couse it wasnt overcamped (will be in the future imo) at that time. 3 groups can share the spot without ruining each others xp, 4-5 grp can xp there with some minor dt waiting for pop. Had the best xp in my daoc carrier there so far oO (not pl, regular xping).

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
cemi0 said:
How about you take your alt and lvl it the normal way :)

Agreed 100%.

Selfish PLers and leeches ruined that once-great spot, I hope those lamers don't ruin Modernagrav the same way...REAL groups are the way forward, not ME-ME-ME PLing bullshit. You have to laugh when you see lvl 50 toons running around going "where is Svasud plz?"...so very very lame.

This game is built around grouping and team play, and if you're -that- self-centred you should probably be playing Baldur's Gate or some other game where it really -is- all about you. If you're too lazy or self-centred to group with other players then DAOC is NOT the game for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom