No Fallout 3! Aaaaargh!

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
As reported in PCZone, Black Isle have been shut down and their unnamed project (fallout 3) has been canned with it.

I acctually felt all empty inside when I read that. Fallouts have been among the best and certainly the most stylish and distinctive RPGs I've ever played.

Damn them! Damn them all!

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
If a game is good enough it sometimes survives these closures. Someone else might pick it up, or the peeps that were Black Isle, might become summat else and pick it up themselves.
Don't give up yet, there is hope.

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
<razor blades half way through wrists> hmm.. you have a point.

Thief 3 seems to have survived the death of Looking Glass, although that did put the brakes on any hint of System Shock 3.

I can but pray that something will arise from the ashes.

Fallout 3 was one of those sleeper titles that I'd never actively considered, so I was actually surprised at how upset I was when I heard that it may well not happen.

Look at me.. getting all misty eyed over the lack of a couple of sequels. Where'smy enthusiasm for new and original ideas?

Custodian

Loyal Freddie
Apparently there are news items around saying Black Isle has not closed after all. Unfortunately my work firewall is stopping me from getting to any of the game news sites to read them :( Have to try again later at home.

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/446/446419p1.html

Has the low down from an ex-employee about what happened.

Seem spretty final to me. It also suggests that the engine of the game was damn near finished before it was canned, with just scripting and map building to go, which just makes it all the more infuriating that they were shut down.

It does, however, give me hope that someone will pick up the pieces and finish the job. I just hope they do it justice. A lot of games that get thrown to a new dev teram so close to completion end up ruined.

Kurashima

Fledgling Freddie
Disappointed to hear about the loss of Fallout 3, as the first two games were ace, and Fallout Tactics wasnt TOO bad.

That said, any company which foists something like Lionheart on us really deserves not to survive. I paid £35 for that and felt like a total fool :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom