NML

O

old.devin

Oh please NML is shite

Its just spam all the way for 1/2 hour.

(personal taste argument yay!)

Surely we can find another alternative map...

O

old.Fatbloke

That's what I'm saying - NAME THE MAP YOU WANT TO BE ADDED!!

Then, perhaps, we can get it uploaded and end all this debating and get back to shooting each other
smile.gif

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Keep NML ... there's nothing wrong with it, except a little laggy at times (but that's the server). Its a very good defensive map ... lets see the replies I get to this post
redface.gif

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------
I am not in a clan, I'd like to be. Please make your offers known to me ... by ICQ if poss.

O

old.[EQX]Kain

Keep NML in, its a decent map! Sure its bloody hard to attack on, and mirvs go flying in all directions, but its still a damn good map.
I enjoy playing on this one all the time
smile.gif

------------------
[EQX]Kain

O

old.[A&I]BigSir

Get rid of 2mortfort, which has got to be one of the least enjoyable maps, it has no real defensive opportunities, apart from "spam, or be spammed", plus "lets see how many times I can get stuck in that ruddy sky again".
NML2 has the potentential to be good, but the bugs make me ill.

Shutdown & Spacedout should replace the aformentioned cack.

------------------

O

old.Fatbloke

Ok then Mr Barrysworld man, can we have some map changes please.

Out:
NML - spaaaaam
NML2 - do we really need two hunter type maps?
2MOREFORT - buggy

In:
Shutdown
Betrayed
Spacedout

Oh, and pleeeeeeease mix up the valve maps so they don't play one after each other.

Thank you for your prompt attention.
wink.gif

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke
www.armedandinsane.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 07 October 1999).]

O

old.Private Ryan

Err, Betrayed is already on the server.

Get rid of NML2 if you MUST

But DO NOT remove NML, get rid of Darkness if you wanna get rid of another map, Darkness has no teamplay just a run for the Flag -> Cap point -> Flag -> etc.

O

old.Fatbloke

Betrayed!!! DOH
frown.gif

Message should have been...

Ok then Mr Barrysworld man, can we have some map changes please.
Out:
NML - spaaaaam
NML2 - do we really need two hunter type maps?
2MOREFORT - buggy

In:
Shutdown
Domination
Spacedout

Oh, and pleeeeeeease mix up the valve maps so they don't play one after each other.

Thank you for your prompt attention.
smile.gif

Don't forget - if we don't like how it comes out, we can always get them changed again later. But all this debating...change this...change that...dont change this etc. simply means that in the end NOTHING gets changed.

Let's just cut the debate (notice I don't use the word argue), get the maps changed, then if we don't like it we can all blame Devin for starting this debate
wink.gif
and come back here for another loooong map thread.

OK?

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke
www.armedandinsane.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 08 October 1999).]

O

old.[A&I]BigSir

I disagree that Darkness has no teamplay, it just requires a bit more co-ordination in defence than most other maps. Keep NML, its spammy, but is prone to being a great map on occasion.
Sorry to prolong this thread even more, but I think there are quite a few out there who really enjoy NML, and we don't want to get rid of it because a few people don't like it. The server seems to stay full when its on anyhows. Anymore for anymore?
smile.gif

O

old.BMW

The maps that should be removed is NML and 2morfort.....
And how about tf_hood and shutdown instead?

BMW

O

old.Merkaba

I AGREE WITH FATBLOKE and PLEASE everyone just shut up and sgree too!! we're getting bloody nowhere with this "i want this" and "i want that"....What wel REALLY need is a voting poll to sort this out once and for all!! Keep NML cos if you dont like it then LEAVE, and let some people who DO like it join the server! same goes for any other map that people dont like...

O

old.[EQX]Kain

/begin rant
*mumble*, *mumble*, I dont really care what maps are on BW2 as long as NML stays!
Its a good map, thats just ruined by dummy players who know nothing but to spam the lower respawn room for frags. /end rant.

NML2 was a nice idea, shame theres countless telefragging, because of the lack of spawn points....

------------------
[EQX]Kain

O

old.British Beef

After playing NML some more, i have to say i find it fun. Its spammy for sure, but at the end of the day, nearly every map is ruined by stupid dummy players

[This message has been edited by British Beef (edited 09 October 1999).]

O

old.[SLH]Kamikaze

Put any map on and take any map off. I don't care anymore after tonights "game" on BW2. NEVER again will I play on that server as the players were abismal...15 minutes played, here's a snapshot of what was going on:

1. unbalanced number of players in each team, I changed 3 times to try to keep it balanced.

2. Infected people hanging around in respawns picking up health whilst infecting anyone who enters. Just standing there shouting "medic"...

3. Own team shooting you, I'm a demoman in our own basement. I've just came out of our resupply room and I'm in the middle of laying pipe bombs, so why shoot me? I can't be a spy...

4. Apparently it was my fault that a team mate was shooting me when I was a spy. I was in the enemy base, my name was "I_AM_A_SPY" and he did have to use 6 rockets on me. Therefor he had to reload at least once..he said "you shouldn't have been disguised if you didn't want shot" BUT I'M I SPY!

5. Lag, probably get better, but it's pretty nasty at the moment.

Good luck lads, might see you on BW1 if it isn't as bad or in a clan match sometime.

Cheers

[SLH]Kamikaze

O

old.British Beef

you think server 2 is bad, wait till you start playing on 1. There are plenty more of those idiots that are infected standing in the respawn, shouting "MEDIC, MEDIC".

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Ummm Anty would say ... bring back RUN
wink.gif

------------------
I am not in a clan, I'd like to be. Please make your offers known to me ... by ICQ if poss.

O

old.Fatbloke

I give up!
Isn't this where we started?

I suppose we can only take a concensus here so...

PLEASE Mr Barrysworld man -
Remove NML2(everyone agreed!)

Include either Shutdown or Spaced out,

either... I don't care which.

Then perhaps we can get back to playing, rather than discussing the relative merits/problems of 1.5 million different maps.

I say again...

PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

I thank you.

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke
www.armedandinsane.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 11 October 1999).]

O

old.Stuart_Granger

I've been playing Spacedout and Shutdown ... they are not that good ... unfortunately
redface.gif

Maybe we could get Confrontations back ... which although hated by some ... gives good all round gameplay
smile.gif

It would be an idea on server resources to remove the laggy maps ... NML, 2MoreForts and Betrayed. But people like them
smile.gif

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Maybe Bunker Assault can be added to the rotation ... it's a nice map with defensive and attacking play. Maybe Frobozz's 2fort could be added for a variety of CTF games.

My suggestion is to remove a map and add Domination or Pipezone (which I like
wink.gif
) ... which would then give us a nice variety of custom maps
smile.gif

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------

O

old.Private Ryan

Do not bring back those stinky maps.

Both Con1 and Pipezone were thrown off after everyone asked, and I for one don't want them back.

Yes, get rid of NML2 but keep Everything else, though the Valve maps could still do with jumbling up.

I'm not too bothered what map you add as long as its good
smile.gif

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Ah well, I don't really care what maps stay and what goes ... I am a LPB anyway so whatever map is online on a fast server I am gonna get frags and caps ... so there :p

HAHA ... Speak to you all later ...

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------

O

old.[EQX]Kain

Guys, give the admins a chance - they just gave us, if I recall correctly, 2 more new maps, and within days everyone was asking for the maps to be changed.
We moaned and moaned and complained to the admins just to add new maps, and when they did, everyone once more is asking them to be changed. All I'm saying is, give them a chance to do it, continously asking aint gonna get us no where. Regards
Darren

------------------
[EQX]Kain

[This message has been edited by [EQX]Kain (edited 11 October 1999).]

O

old.Fatbloke

But isn't that what this forum is for? Especially this thread.

On the subject of other maps, I finally got to play shutdown and torch yesterday on the Stronghold league. I think shutdown was ok, I like the 'switch the switch then grab the flag' sort of maps. Lag wise - it was a little higher than some.
Torch was better lag wise - and, indeed, is has a lot of similarities with NML being that the middleground isn't too large, so you dont have to go wandering for ages before spotting the enemy. However, the most original aspect of this map was that the nme flag starts in YOUR base and you have to try to get it into the enemy base to cap there. Quite a laugh!

So can I change my vote to replace NML2 from SHUTDOWN to NLM2?

Still swap 2MORFORTS with SPACEDOUT though.

Cheers.

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.Merkaba

"So can I change my vote to replace NML2 from SHUTDOWN to NLM2?"

eh? No Lamb's Man 2?

I havn't played Torch yet and lots of people say its kinda crappy..I dont know where you got the idea that SHUTDOWN is laggy though, its rspeeds rarely go above 400-500! (thats good) and its renowned for its smoothness.

O

old.Merkaba

Ah but you can't judge a maps speed by your pnig because you ping varies so much. If you're taking the average latency from the whole team, then its even wrose because som e may have shitty modems with pings of 1000 and others may have ADSL. The way to test how speedy a map is, is to type r_speeds into the console and look at the numbers there.

O

old.Fatbloke

NLM2 - lol! DOH!!! - how about Nasty Lamers Map2 ;-p

My shutdown observations were, admittedly, taken from a single evenings play, comparing the avarage ping (as it looked to me at the end of each map) of the players on the map. The other two maps we played on Stronghold (Well and Torch) did seem to have lower pings on av.
here's me average ping figures -
well = 209
shutdown = 264
torch = 246.5

but, as I say, this was only a single games set of stats.

Cheers

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.Stuart_Granger

YYYYYYAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN ... getting bored with this thread now ... let's just keep what we've got and play some games! No more whining and lets get some caps & frags...

We can always start another thread in a day or so
smile.gif

Speak to you soon.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom