NML

O

old.devin

Can we replace NML with Run.

NML is a waste of 1/2 hour!
smile.gif

O

old.C4

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease not Run, anything but that again!
I've suggested this before but I think Shut Downs a really good map, replace it with that if u must IMHO

C4

O

old.[EQX]Kain

Noooooooooo, Damn, not Run! agian, BW admins just removed the sodding map, because everyone used to leave (except Anty!) when that map turned up on the map rotation.

Whats wrong with NML? Sure its spammy as hell, but with the right teams/players its a damn good map. I've played it with the regulars & the newbies, and no matter what, its still a good map.
Rock2 though...grrrr

------------------
[EQX]Kain

O

old.Merkaba

Fine, have it ur way, get rid of NML, but do NOT put Run on!!!!!! What kind of sick freaky badger basher are you????

Put shutdown on, I have yet to play it with a full 8 a side game.

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Maybe we could get rid of those damn boring Valve maps from 27016 ... we don't really need 2 TFC servers running those 1 is more than enough
smile.gif

Maybe we could have shutdown, scrummage, spacedout and domination put on ... but I doubt if I'll get my wish
wink.gif

Speak to you soon.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------
I am not in a clan, I'd like to be. Please make your offers known to me ... by ICQ if poss.

O

old.BMW

No dont remove the valve maps! and replace them with spacedout!!.....maybe rock 2 could be replaced tough.

And NML isnt that bad on smaller servers..but 14 players are to many. So get rid of NML instead

[A&I]BMW

O

old.SuicidalTart

NOoooooooooo!!

Please leave NML on there. It's still a good map and you can still win games on it. Why only a couple of days ago I managed two caps as an engy before sticking to defence and wiping out the incoming attackers... some of the best TFC games I've played have been on BW2 on NML.

/me thinks he might be in an ever-shrinking minority on this one
redface.gif
)

I agree that some new maps should be put up there, like Domination and Spacedout (nods over at Stuart_Granger), but I think that 2fort and Well ought to be retained, though perhaps mixed up in the order a bit more - doesn't Well follow directly after 2fort at the moment?

It's good to see Betrayed up there too, was good fun playing that last night, though it seemed a little easy to get the Pres up to the Mosque with only 3 snipers... well, most times anyway.

O

old.SuicidalTart

BTW, played Shutdown in a clan friendly with IOU on Monday night and it is bastard hard to attack on, though we only played it as 6v6.. I expect to see a fair few low-scoring-defend-up-to-the-eyeballs games of this in the future.

Unless your defence is run by a bunch of complete muppets of course......

O

old.[SLH]Pakman

Please forgive Devlin (aka Noggin), he was away while Run was in rotation.

O

old.devin

Aah i see! You all got sick of Run
smile.gif

(Thanks Pakman)

Ok, how about BaM?

AS for Shutdown, its like a poor mans Well! (which i still think is the best map)

Noggin

[This message has been edited by devin (edited 29 September 1999).]

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

/me wonders what drugs kain and tart are on....nml is shite!!!!! how can u play it? ugh..it lags so badly...ugh..don't make me think about it.....incidently...i'm coming round to nml2....but only when i'm the lepercorn....betrayed....i'm determined to leave whenever that comes up

------------------
-=StrafeBunny=- {TiTs}
(10)Player

O

old.Merkaba

NML's a good map and I like it (cos my computer can handle the low speeds <g> ) Run!, should NEVER be put back on and that has already been established. Rock2 though, why does noone like this map?? I LOVE it! It's my favourite one by far. Well, a good map but a bit too easy to cap on and hard to defend. Shutdown, I havnt played this one properly with a 6 a side, but it looks promising. The troubl is, a mid-field defence can rule this map because the interviening space is so small.

O

old.Stuart_Granger

They can't put more players on the server as Pings are high enough as it is.

I agree that NML is getting rather outdated and there are a few new maps which could replace it.

My suggestion to remove the VALVE maps from the Custom Map's server is valuable as there is already a BW server with the VALVE maps.

However, our queries are not being answered by technical support which is a shame
frown.gif

We got rid of Invectus and Run ... now's the time to take 27016 completely custom (just like XS4ALL's server). Get rid of the damn Valve maps and keep 27016 custom. You can keep 27015 completely Valve if you like ... but I don't play on that server
wink.gif

Speak to you soon.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------
I am not in a clan, I'd like to be. Please make your offers known to me ... by ICQ if poss.

O

old.Fatbloke

Shutdown or Spacedout would win my votes for new maps.

Maps to remove - NML2 (I know it's only been on a while - but I don't like it much) and possibly 2fort (play that everywhere)

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.[SLH]Kamikaze

Fatbloke gets my backing here, NML2 just doesn't play well on public servers.

Having played Bam I can say that it's completely garbage and easier to defend than NML.

------------------
Satan's Little Helpers
Kamikaze

kamikaze@btinternet.com

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

i wanna play that bozz thingie...surely 14 peeps erm.....doesn't divide by 4....doh..never mind!

------------------
-=StrafeBunny=- {TiTs}
(10)Player

O

old.SuicidalTart

Yep, Bam could have been done a whole lot better than it has. Shame really.

O

old.Private Ryan

Will you stop arguing you idea of getting rid of all the Valve Maps Stuart, there are many here who are quite happy with the Valve maps and theres no problem with them being there.

If Hunted is still there after the addition of Betrayed it should be gone. NML is great and without the spamming and the a full server has really good teamwork and fun.

The Valve maps could with being diluted through the list, and some of these new maps, should be added.

Just my 2 pence

------------------
[SLH]Private Ryan
ICQ @ 34740499
--

O

old.Stuart_Granger

Why keep the Valve maps on BW 27016? If you want to play Valve maps go to BW 27015. Let us see a better mix of custom maps on 27016.

Speak to you soon.

With thanks

Stuart_Granger

------------------

O

old.Merkaba

Cos I, and I'm sure others, can't handle playing purely custom maps all the time. The valve maps, which are professional and on known territory, allow a quick breather from all the custom maps. Contradictary to current belief, the valve maps are still the best ones which most potential for defence and offence...many of the custom maps have a single fatal flaw in them which gets tiresome.

O

old.-=StrafeBunny=-

pah, your all of your heads.....valve maps are boring plain and simple...the only good one is well.....not sure why, but it is...2fort & that rock2 thingie are crap..hunted and & cz2 (although not on bw2) are crap.

forsaken is the best map there is, full stop!
totalwar is pretty decent too, but all are much better than valve's thingies

------------------
-=StrafeBunny=- {TiTs}
(10)Player

O

old.British Beef

urm not too sure about NML, not realy played it enough to say if it should go or not, from what iv'e seen though spam would have to be the word i would use when talking about it. Dissin the rock is a little too much though, still thats a sniper friendly map, and thats my job

O

old.devin

Ok how about this...

Ditch both NML maps
smile.gif

NML is spam, NML2 is lag.

I suggest that both servers have Well and maybe Rock2, but NOT next to each other in the map cycle...you know, 1 custom then 1 valve.

I suggest Confrontations (CTF), Domination (CZtype) YellowGuards or Frobozz's 2Fort.

(Oh yeah and it looks like Radium TFC is dead, which is a bad thing as well as a good thing)

O

old.Private Ryan

Theres nothing bad about Radium quitting his reviews, its about time he stopped leaving us hanging about for reviews.

Try a real reviews site like www.totality.org.uk
smile.gif

------------------
[SLH]Private Ryan
ICQ @ 34740499
--

O

old.[SLH]Kamikaze

replace NML with Con1? no con1 was removed 'cos it's a crap map and most people hated it. NML2 doesn't play well on public servers so I'd back it being replaced with Domination.

O

old.SuicidalTart

Yellow Guards??
Are you completely mad??!
redface.gif
p
That laggy, badly-made, ill-conceived piece of crap? Egads, man!

Domination would be nice to try out on the server, I quite like it, though it can become a base-spamming game more of a cap-point territory thing.
Frobozz_4forts could be fun.. bet you'd all get bored of it real quick, though
redface.gif
)

O

old.Fatbloke

OK! Now we seem to be getting somewhere -
OUT
---
NML & NML2

IN
---
Domination
????

So we need one other to add in.

Suggestions please! Mine is 'Spacedout'

next...

------------------
[A&I]Fatbloke

www.armedandinsane.co.uk

O

old.[SLH]Kamikaze

you still want NML out? It's one of the best maps on there. Why can't another map be added without taking one out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom