Nintendo Switch

Embattle

FH is my second home
Interesting design but I can't see it being powerful enough when on a big screen unless the base adds extra power.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
The trailer made it look like portable mode ran at a lower framerate. Could have been my eyes.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No specs as of yet. I think its Nintendo's last chance really. It does look promising though, depending on 3rd party support and power.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Looks sweet. I'll probably get one assuming Zelda is bundled at launch.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, the last few console releases have hardly been successful have they?

Why would anyone (3rd party) bother making games that wont sell? Especially on something so underpowered it might as well be last gen.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nintendo release mid cycle from other consoles, and they make money on every piece of hardware sold.

They've been underpowered since the fucking wii.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thats fine if they shift units and software. But they haven't in a long time, the wiiu or whatever the fuck its called bombed.

Profit down 61%

The surge that came from pokemon go evaporated as soon as people realised that very little of the money made is going to Nintendo.

One off profit from hardware will only sustain them in the short term, they need software to make money, if it's wank then it wont.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So it's a cheaper and probably not all that much more powerful version of Razor Edge?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it looks really good but Nintendo are betting the farm here. In previous generations if the portable was a bit naff the home console tended to keep going and vice versa. If this fails then they've got no fall back. It also absolutely needs a good battery life. I don't believe any of the current rumours about it being awful but if they make a rubbish portable experience then it will tank.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lol... they can keep it. I'd have happily paid £200 ish for one but £280? not a chance, that's practically PS4 territory price wise, or was when it first came out.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I said on a comment some where else regarding the Switch it'll be the last hardware I reckon Nintendo will do, I still feel that way considering the price.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What else would Nintendo do though? open their IP catalogue to Sony and Xbox? or just pull a Konami and go do Pachinko machines. I can see the Switch do well, the WiiU wasn't cheap either when it first launched and it sold like hotcakes.

If Nintendo wanted to really cash in though they should have dropped the price to £220-240 region imo.

that said! I think for as long as Nintendo can milk Mario and Zelda, they'll never stop churning hardware out, too profitable.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is still big value in their name and they still produce some quality games. They should have built a low development cost "high end" console like Sony and Microsoft did. They are aiming at a market that is no longer there, kids game on tablets and phones now, adults game on PCs or proper consoles.

Too late now, they are done.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
No big loss really if they went under. I haven't given a shit about anything Nintendo related since the SNES.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Despite the price I'm still tempted (fuck me), the WiiU I refused to buy because of the price and as a result of that I missed out on some great gaming experiences.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Despite the price I'm still tempted (fuck me), the WiiU I refused to buy because of the price and as a result of that I missed out on some great gaming experiences.
Prob be able to get a wii u cheap with the games you missed. Never felt i missed out on anything by never owning a console by nintendo. I did have a couple of gameboys tho.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You missed both Goldeneye and Zelda - Ocarina of time then.

And you call yourself a peasant?!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
All I really felt I missed from the WiiU was Twilight Princess and a few Mario games tbh (love me some Mario)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anything missed on Wii U will most likely end up being released on the Switch. Nintendo is definiately the king of the "you own that already? let me sell it to you again" when it comes to the virtual console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom