Nifty outfits in RvR

illu

Part of the furniture
Bored at work and was just thinking what colours / outfits people have worn over the years that they thought looked cool/horrible/gay. I think I have some pictures at home of me in Spiderman colours, and in Robin Hood colours. Anybody else made some cool outfits / colours for us to see?

I know some people can be instantly recognised by their outfit. I think Salamahuurjawhat'shisname SB had an all red outfit that you could instantly tell who it was. Anybody else that is easy to recognise?

Post your pics here :> I want to see people in pink too ^^

Oli - Illu

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Made a reputation for myself when i went pink a long while back, but the screenie's on another pc :(

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
Post your pics here :> I want to see people in pink too ^^

Nothing wrong in being outfitted in pink :/

I imagine Wisty is pretty recognisable in RvR, one of the few female reaver alts I've ever seen out in RvR and more often than not lying in the dirt...

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

:eek6: scary stuff indeed :)

as far as recognition goes, there are several people who have (from what I can remember) never changed their dyes, so i know instantly who they are.

Muylaetrix, Favail, Perri, kagato (quite easy because of hauberk and cloak), Bracken are some I can think of. That sorc aswell, Stopwatch? Lime green inconnu :)

illu

Part of the furniture

A variety of outfits shapes and forms my toon has been through :> Thinking of maybe all yellow or all red next, or maybe all pink o_O

Oli - Illu

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Back in the day when we could first buy 30g enamel, i was the first Armsman, yes you heard it right... Armsman to wear Mauve :worthy: That is pink for those who dont know ;)

I mostly soloed with a big crush pole wearing pink for those who can remember me! Gladiator will be back wearing his pink colours when the next patch arrises.

Ps. And no im not gay in real life before anyone saiss anything :clap:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
kagato (quite easy because of hauberk and cloak),

I sooooo wish I could change those horrible oceanus crab graphics from my hauberk :( Its the bane of my daoc life, besides sm's.

On a more serious note I have changed colours in the past, just very rarely.

When I first started I went for the all silver natural plate colour, trying for the white knight image. Then I played around with dark sleeves and legs or gloves etc to match my guild emblem.

When SI came out and I was running a guild with a red emblem I adopted a pure red look all over to match and had the sidi-ravager fork also dyed red for a nice Red Devil look that I loved. I kept that for a very long time right up until my second ToA template.

After that I switched to the guild colours (I was in FC at the time) that they were using currently, seeing as I no longer used the cool red fork. That was gray-blue all over.

I kinda fell in love with that colour even though they all quickly changed it, and ever since then i've been using gray-blue all over with emblemed cloak. I don't find toying with the colours as much fun now since nearly all armour has a pattern on it.

Sadly I don't really recognise people instantly by colours anymore seeing as most are using shape-change or SoM to spoil it and I usually get emoted before I seem them anyway. Not always politely either.

What i'd like is to be able to change your armour skins to be blank or catacombs pattern or epic pattern.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
spent a fortune in gold changing colours recently because castus wanted to look good in rvr :) ended up back with royal blue torso/boots/gloves after several variations :)...used to run sb with black armour/yellow sleaves legs.........always ran savage in df with all black.. pointy hat and staff (kobold)....

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
ns has been dyed black mostly, but with new template came new dyes and ill be running with these for a good while:

sshot053.sized.jpg

most people ive met a few times are instantly recognisable tbh, even if they wear pretty standard dyes. :p dont think there is a dye that makes you stand out a lot more from the rest

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Urgh people still use TOA client; it's horrible :(

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:

is not :p

have thought of swapping though, but i don't dare to see the look of my luri with cata models :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
is not :p

have thought of swapping though, but i don't dare to see the look of my luri with cata models :(

Catacombs looks strange the first few times you use it, but honestly after a few weeks you'll never look back. Models look gorgeous...TOA client is a real blast from the past when you see screenshots from it. Urrghh!!

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Catacombs looks strange the first few times you use it, but honestly after a few weeks you'll never look back. Models look gorgeous...TOA client is a real blast from the past when you see screenshots from it. Urrghh!!

well actually i use the dr client but have models turned to toa, i played with cata models a lot but generally only in pve.. dunno why, for some reason i still prefer classic models for rvr :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
Character and NPC names/titles suggest that's a Catacombs or better client.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
from personal experience ToA client is less laggy

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I think a few ppl knew me in my pink cap (at least in mid), the other colors differed a little but mostly blackish.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
I don't need dyes to recognize single people, esp not as a stealther, but fg vs fg dyes helps alot. Excal was a huge laugh before cluster with the dyes. When we had a grp running in all green, and we looked so sht. And ofc the AD playmomen style, and the Groove dyes, having like 8 differ colours, none matching, not even a bit.

illu

Part of the furniture
I do the same as VF and play in DR but with old style models, because frankly, my kobbie is an ugly sod in the new version :> He's just too big and stretched out :/ I ought to do it one day - but it just looks so WRONG :>

Oli - Illu

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Made a reputation for myself when i went pink a long while back, but the screenie's on another pc :(
Such a Hrodelbert wannabe...

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Armsman iirc.

That was the joke :p people used to allways call him a pally :)

I remeber he used to have a quote someone saying he was the worst pally ever since he didnt use his chants in a fight once :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
cata client to me is still unusable.

im starting to think its like my PC or summin, becuase I cant imagine how anyone could use it... like when you go into combat mode and fire off a style... I see the damage on the chat window, then I see the animation a split second later, then I hear the crappy clunking noise for the style, then I see the hits go down on health bar... its literally a staggered thing..

where as the toa client is like 100% crisp and all the above happens at exactly the same time.

illu

Part of the furniture
Giv more pictures!

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom